Dinafem Blue Widow & OG KUSH. First Grow

Subliminal Criminal

Cheers @@SkyRider... The pipe cleaners were only a quid for a big bag, and i bought a big stack of brown bags at the same time, for drying / curing..

Tomorrow i am going to add some more pm soil to the tops of the pots.

juicy

• Like 2

yeah remember when we used to make glasses out of them?

and the stupid blue straws? Until Thatcher took our milk!

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 2

@@SkyRider great advice on slowly upping the nute rate. Best to go slow then your plants will let you know if they want more or less :)

Great advice always welcome :bong:

All the best

D-M.

@ how long have you been in veg and bloom. Typically a plant at 5-7 weeks veg will show pre-flowers. If you are talking about actual bud then the 1st 2-3 weeks will be your stretch phase then the buddage will start fattening up :)

All the best

D-M.

they were planted around 1st Oct... swithced to bloom 23rd November

For some reason my timer didnt switch on today so they didnt get any light

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 2

Right i did some general maintenance. I refilled all the fabric pots, trimmed some useless leaves away, watered and fed with 4L water, with 2mls per litre of grow, and added my scrog net. Its a bit shit though my scrog net. But it should do its job.

I'll do a proper photo update at the end of the week

cheers

Juicy

• Like 3

Hey juicy,

Sounds like things are coming on better now?

In flower, no light is better than too much light. Canna flowers off the length of darkness and not the length of light. So the lights not coming on isn't a big deal at all. Random fact that you all probably knew.

Looking forward to the pictures mate :yep:

Keep it green

Edited by SkyRider
  • Like 1

well thats good to know @@SkyRider..

I suspect a relay got flipped or something. Strange that they didnt swich on, hopefullly its just down to error on my part. I run a progammable digital timer because i dont like the grasslin ones

thanks

Juicy Froot

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 2

Keep an eye on it mate. I had issues before with my digital ballast switching on and in the end it turned out to be that it just didn't like the timer. Killed quite a few of them till I cottoned on, lol.

I use the heavy duty grow timers now. Can pick them up for about a tenner and they haven't broke on me yet (only used them for a year or so though)

• Like 1

Hmmm. It's a shit problem to have mate. I used to stress and have to check that the lights came on at the right time every day. Did my head in.

Anyway, fingers crossed for ya!

• Like 1

Do you have a contactor? If not it's probably why your timer keeps blowing. Even if it's rated at 3000w it won't be able to handle a 600w ballast Without a contactor, unless it's one of the ones designed specifically for grow lights

• Like 3