What are your values

Guest Theokoles

I love the list of 600 items, or values..!! There's no way personally that I could contain in my mind the central memory chamber to hold the terms corralled, whilst 600 speaking places were organised in an imaginary field in my mind, and the 600 'values' becoming embodied and taking to their plinths to argue their case for inclusion by shouting their worth until their voices are scratchy.

Then I might rise above the clamour of these competing 600 values held in my mind and pluck myself the 5 required, like some goggle-eyed fairground clutching claw, dropping and grasping amidst a huge pile of glittery goods.

Alas, it would need an amount of training I believe before a person could approach this particular task of choosing values. It would require memory training or something of the sort.

I salute the ambition of the thread though, if I have apprehended it aright...

Edited by The storm-tossed mouse

Artistry

Charity

Flexibility

Joy

Love

In my eyes love is key within all of these.

Love for your medium drives your artistry.

Love for your fellow man drives your charity, your need to help.

Love in its self almost forces flexibility upon you.

Love of life brings forth joy, just enjoy yourself at no one else's expense.

Love is just love, it drives us all in what we do.

It could be said that artistry, flexibility, joy and love all exist in unison, to be proficient or successful in an art form you put your hand to requires love, demands flexibility and brings forth joy. It could be a shitty little ash tray from clay, a peice of music or a masterpiece of a painting, without four of the above it would not exist. It's all very zen.

• 9 months later...

I read you bio and wondered what Money Peas were Eric.

Nice photo, but I still don't know lol

Google is my friend.....

I read you bio and wondered what Money Peas were Eric.

High BB, My apologies, I meant 'monkey peas'.

Monkey peas are briliant, they're like little tiny armadillo that trundle around and roll up into little balls when you touch them. I think they are related to shrimps.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...