Best quality LED brands?

Mistyinroots

Agree with Blayz'd, if your growing from seed it's a little bit different, some plants just don't yield well no matter what you do.

If i'm from clone and it's a clone I know then 0.8gpw is the minimum I expect to get, any less then something was a miss.

Those CTlite are very vague about what led types they use..These look to be a copy of Bysen or cidly who OEM for several companies.Like people say do a diary and put up some pics..There is nothing smart about those lights which you say are smart btw....

I have no idea what LED's are in them I just know that they work. I guess the "smart" bit is the ability to program them to an ideal light cycle which you have to admit is quite clever. The purpose of these forums should be to disseminate knowledge so that all can benefit, not to criticise those who dare to try something different. LED's are best suited to certain environments where heat build can be an issue. There are other places that would benefit from an HID. Horses for courses etc... The bottom line is that some really do work, and work well.

• Like 2

@@ELO I was planning on growing out a single tree under the 600w 400v with the addition of my spare leds come flower. Wish I had a spare tent to try the led only grow. It's a no brainer which should be used lol.

Maybe do the led only grow when I'm finished the above, would let me get some nice clones to work with.

• Like 1

I have no idea what LED's are in them I just know that they work. I guess the "smart" bit is the ability to program them to an ideal light cycle which you have to admit is quite clever. The purpose of these forums should be to disseminate knowledge so that all can benefit, not to criticise those who dare to try something different. LED's are best suited to certain environments where heat build can be an issue. There are other places that would benefit from an HID. Horses for courses etc... The bottom line is that some really do work, and work well.

I don't doubt they work, I've seen them work quite a few times on here.

The problem I have is the marketing and the wording that you and some other LED growers use which would lead people to believe they can get great yields, yields similar to 400W HID lighting yet only use a fraction of the wattage.

This is untrue and misleading to say the least, it then leads to people spending way more than they need to on an LED light that won't then give them what they are looking for.

This is my issue with LED's.

You yourself have just claimed this light over a grow used 130W averaged out, then said it gave as good as a 400W, then said it was only 130g in the grow from either the 400W HPS or the LED so that to me says the grow isn't setup well and probably only has the ability to yield 130g whether is a 400W HPS, 250HPS, 600W HPS etc it has nothing to do with the lighting used.

If it wasn't questioned any other members someone could have thought magic I'll buy this light, bin my 400W HPS and stick this LED light over my 6 plants in 6L pots and I'll get 300-400G same as I did from the HPS but for a fraction of the running costs.

Edited by ELO
  • Like 1

If the grower can't grow weed properly then the findings of his "study" is worthless. In scientific like for like trials carried out in the states by federally supported research programs the best that has been achieved so far is exactly the same yield watt for watt between the two technologies, and that was proper like for like, so the same wattage for each technology, although it wasn't weed being grown. Otherwise it isn't a true comparison, as heat issues can affect yield, bathing a plant in more watts doesn't mean it is going to grow bigger and it doesn't mean it is going to have the same odour profile when dry, it has had a different environment with regards heat, humidity, etc,

Maybe you should experiment with an LED yourself, after all first hand experience is everything. You might even like the end product ; )

Why do some LED growers have to try so hard to push their choice on others?

Is it justifying the money they have spent to themselves?

• Like 8

Same strains same grow environment, and led that actually uses 400w from the wall is in my mind the only way to get even close to a 400w hid.

• Like 1

I don't doubt they work, I've seen them work quite a few times on here.

The problem I have is the marketing and the wording that you and some other LED growers use which would lead people to believe they can get great yields, yields similar to 400W HID lighting yet only use a fraction of the wattage.

This is untrue and misleading to say the least, it then leads to people spending way more than they need to on an LED light that won't then give them what they are looking for.

This is my issue with LED's.

You yourself have just claimed this light over a grow used 130W averaged out, then said it gave as good as a 400W, then said it was only 130g in the grow from either the 400W HPS or the LED so that to me says the grow isn't setup well and probably only has the ability to yield 130g whether is a 400W HPS, 250HPS, 600W HPS etc it has nothing to do with the lighting used.

If it wasn't questioned any other members someone could have thought magic I'll buy this light, bin my 400W HPS and stick this LED light over my 6 plants in 6L pots and I'll get 300-400G same as I did from the HPS but for a fraction of the running costs.

Understood, but I can only speak from personal experience. I am a hobby grower who migrated to LED, as LED's allowed me to overcome certain issues in my grow space. I did manage to achieve similar yields to my 400W HPS using less wattage. The important part is the quality of the end product, which imo is better when grown with LED's. Commercial growers may not be interested in using LED's as their produce does tend to be larger but for my tastes lacks flavour. It just comes down to personal taste.

@@jimmi68 I know for a fact that the leds your talking about will in no way yield what a 400w hid can. I build my on Cree cob leds and to be honest they shit all over any brand of store bought led panels.

Hence I now use Hid and led together.

• Like 1

Why do some LED growers have to try so hard to push their choice on others?

Is it justifying the money they have spent to themselves?

Why does every HPS grower have to slate every LED grower for trying and publishing their findings?

@@jimmi68 I know for a fact that the leds your talking about will in no way yield what a 400w hid can. I build my on Cree cob leds and to be honest they shit all over any brand of store bought led panels.

Hence I now use Hid and led together.

horses for courses my friend, sounds like a good combo ; )

Why does every HPS grower have to slate every LED grower for trying and publishing their findings?

I haven't slated an LED grower.. let alone every one... we still have the rest of the day though.

e2a.. now I have..

Edited by Blayz'd
  • Like 1

They go hand in hand. If you make a statement which goes against the grain people are going to wonder whats going on.

As you have said your 400w HID grow was inefficient in your setup and now your LED is more matched for your grow environment.

Thats not a fair comparison of the lighting technology as one is being restricted by the environment.

Quite a few people challenging you are growing with LEDs

@@jimmi68 what I can say is that in the last few weeks of flower the plants that got more light from the leds went purple and the buds where honestly super hard and heavier. I can look in my jars and pick out the buds from each light, as for taste once cured and smoked you couldn't tell the difference. A mix of both technologies is certainly the way forward atm.

That's my findings and happy enough with it, but I'm not gonna make silly claims.

• Like 1