DIY CXB3070 Micro grow

Badders

Hello,

thought I would share a few pictures of my humble dresser and grow so far. Ugorg Blues

Using

CXB3070; 2 x 3500 & 2 x 3000k. + recom 100W driver (110W @ wall) + 2 passive heatsinks. ~ 20 PAR W / sq ft.

Can hold hand 2" from the cob comfortably.

900 x 450 x 450mm. 100mm extract, passive in + some pc fans for the heatsinks and canopy.

temps are stable with dig stat and a 80W ceramic reptile heater. 19-30 is the max range so far since starting.

You can see in this picture the 3500k on the left and the 3000k on the right,

gallery_9694_10577_30824.jpg

gallery_9694_10577_1915.jpg

May 8

gallery_9694_10577_23250.jpg

may 22

gallery_9694_10577_39430.jpg

jun 4 -

6 litre pots. all female. I got rid of 2, and was advised to pot up into 11L pots (not on here), but I had already switched them to flower for 3 days. so I potted them up and switched back to veg for another week

So I guess that was pretty stupid, but hey, next time!

gallery_9694_10577_102964.jpg

jun 13 - just switched to flower

gallery_9694_10577_121168.jpg

jun 28 - 2 weeks flower. Bit hard to tell in the pictures but the 2 plants are showing slightly diff colours.

Might of over cooked it with the bio silicon last night after reading about dosing it this morning. hopefully they will be okay.

Tryed to scrog but failed,

IF you had this size area would you be using 2 x 11L or 4 x 7 Litre pots? What is the consensus on air pots, any use?

Edited by Badders
  • Like 4

In this space I would opt for the 7 L I think. SOG style, get them in and out quick. flower about 5 to 7 days after them going into the 7 liter pots.

GV.

• Like 1

In this space I would opt for the 7 L I think. SOG style, get them in and out quick. flower about 5 to 7 days after them going into the 7 liter pots.

GV.

I don't think I have the time / space to take mothers and cuttings;

is sog feasible from fem seed?

thanks, B.

day 21/22

gallery_9694_10577_140226.jpg

I think the stretch is slowing down, the tall on the bottom right is ~ 5" to the LES. Don;t really want it getting any closer.

gallery_9694_10577_39595.jpg

I think I could get lots more heads in this area. I was reluctant to train and bend them when they were vegging because I felt mean. Won;t happen again .

Can see the 2 diff plants i this pic. on the left is a darker green shade, on the right ligher green. phenotypes are cool!!

gallery_9694_10577_126598.jpg

need to get rid of that dimmer, can't believe I thought I would turn it down, heh.

Edited by Badders
  • Like 4

overwatering and lower root temp would be my first guess ..followed by not enough air flow and then a lack of mg and calcium

• Like 3

thanks dude, I've got a list of things NOT to do next time :fear::russian:

btw whats the indicator for lower root temp? temps in the box don't typically get beyond 25 or 26c at the canopy

airflow wise I've got a 4" inline through a carbon filter, so that should be more than ample for the extraction. I wonder if my intake hole is big enough...

thanks, B

Edited by Badders

yiss, I'm in biobizz grow and bloom.

my previous dosing was @ 1.5ml bloom / Litre so it sounds like I wasn't feeding enough;

however, there are many other reasons this is happening, (mainly because I am learning)

a) pot size too big and not fully rooted

b) lack of ventilation (less likely)

c) not understanding plant requirements (most likely)

@@Badders.Chuck a fan upside down in the corner move more air around for you then that.s what i do good luck.Plants look nice what do you think the yellow,in is m8.

• Like 1