the placebo effect and religion

distracted

i think religion is a very positive rhing very positive i dont know much about religion im sure ive never heard a negative thing about it i think, i think christaknoty has modenised well unlike other faiths, who are still in the stone age i think, i just wish they could be nicer, id love to go to church i did when i was at school, churches are such nice peaciful places. with nice people going to them, i would like to rhink there is a god, it such a nice story i just hope its true ot wou'd be nice if it was

sorry but i have to ask are you for real ? :eek:

• Like 2

I think religion was made up as a way 2 police the people. So many different God's being worshipped but the 1 u choose is the right 1? Don't think so ,religion is a business at the end of the day a curpt 1 at that , look at the Catholic Church the Pope is 1 of the richest on the earth

• Like 1

yes i am, im just struggling mate, ive got serious health problems, it help me to get my emotions out as i find ot hard to talk, that is all, so i try and talk on forums i tey to connect with peop'e it its so nice when someone connects wirh me i feel human again somedays it takes me a day to post but i enjoy teying to talk to someone, and to show emotion as i llive on my own im so scared worried it helps to write it down here im so worried.

Edited by jonisingt35r

Guest Theokoles

I keep meaning to go to our local church in our village, its really quite beautiful, i can hear the bells all through the night they are so calming. I popped in once recently sat alone, had a little cry when my mum passed away said a prayer, donated £5 in the collection box and left. Im not one for the whole congregation thing, but quiet time alone in a peaceful church is nice.

My first memory of church was a little church in Sheffield, near Northern General hospital, i cant remember much but it was a calming place, we sang and took the bread of Christ, i dont think we were allowed the wine, i remember the Vicar or whoever he was wearing a long red robe, i only went occasionally to this Sunday School, i think back with melancholy at the smells and sights. i witnessed a baptism and wedding, a peaceful sanctuary it was. My next church experience was one when we moved, i was about 10years old and befriended a new boy on our street who had just moved. They were Quakers and this was by far my best church experience, we were told story's and there were so many happy families and children there, it was a very calming and peaceful environment.

When i went into care, i went to a new church, a Christian Science Church, Mary Baker Eddy, i suppose it was only a matter of time before a predator reared his ugly head. This church was strange, hardly any children just a couple whose parents couldn't get baby sitters for, children were taken out of the main area into a small reading room, it was mostly old people who sang and did readings.. not a very nice place or environment for children, especially when those children were being sexually abused by a pedophile. I never spoke about it and tried to get out of going, eventually i got into a fight with another boy and that was the last time i went. Many years passed and this pedophile was charged with sexual offenses against boys, i read it in our local paper that he hung himself before he stood trial.

I think like most things in life, if your connected to somebody or something this can have a profound effect, feeling that you belong and are not alone but have safety in numbers can give you strength and motivation. Somebody comes along who is charming and seems to have all the answers. it can also be detrimental when those less scrupulous religions get there teeth into you. Watched a documentary last night on Scientology and how they banned members from using the internet and made them sign a billion year pledge/contract with them, people were literally bankrupted by the courses they were forced to go on, costing tens of thousands of pounds, that's one unscrupulous religion.