New DiY LED Build

Lean_McSheen

Water has a high specific heat capacity, it takes quite a bit of energy to raise it's temperature. As all the contents of the growroom are striving to be thermally equalised and the water vapour needs to absorbs lots of heat to try and thermally equalise with the air temperature around the lamps, the reality is that the air is cooled as the water warms up as the main gases have a lot lower heat capacity so loose heat to the water

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@@Lean_McSheen how are you getting on. Are you all up and running now?

Well i've been waiting for pay day to grab a bigger fan so that summer will be easier to handle when it gets here, going to get an 8" Rhino fan+filter. Also had the clone fairy dropped off 6 cheese cuts yesterday that i'll be turning into moms, not sure if they are the exodus cut though but i'll be comparing them against my UGORG#1 phenos. I do have the bottom floor turned on vegging my moms and cuts at the moment, I have been having to adjust to the lighting intensity and watering so not all of them are looking pretty at the moment. That's all that's going on really.

Peace :oldtoker:

Edited by Lean_McSheen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on still tbh. I got a 8"RVK and rhino filter plugged into a STR fan controller on number 2 (controller goes from 0-5). Just waiting on some of the cuttings to root out a bit more and then i'll get the show on the road. I'm not sure how well i'll do this first time as things aren't ideal (plant wise). Some of my cuttings are a little large, if they get too big i'll get some of those stem bending thingys to try and sort them out. There is also a bit of yellowing going on but they are all in tiny pots so I expect this to happen.

gallery_45398_10760_154520.jpg

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

what are the stem bendy thingys, they sound like the thingys I need

Also Lean, just fyi, I dont think this is micro growing :P

Edited by Badders

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since i've posted in this thread, mainly because not much has been going on but i managed to get around to potting the plants up last night. They have been in darkness since Friday and are now on 12/12, fingers crossed that they don't stretch too much.

They are mostly UGORG#1, there are only 6 others but they are meant to be a cheese cut too.

Top area middle plants are the other cheese cuts
gallery_45398_10241_125373.jpg

Bottom area
gallery_45398_10241_142634.jpg

• Like 1

Day 11? of 12/12

Not much to report really, they have been looking after themselves. Watered with just plain water atm.

Top shelf
gallery_45398_10241_456905.jpg

gallery_45398_10241_47289.jpg

Bottom shelf

gallery_45398_10241_369094.jpg

gallery_45398_10241_373461.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We want update!

Sorry lads, i know it has been a while lol. I've been neglecting things recently, had a lot on. I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment so I've stopped smoking our favorite plant. Not sure how long it will last but I do feel better for it, I'm way more productive but I find myself loosing my interest in growing. If I get chance I'll pop some pics up later, if not I'll try and get some up tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

Update (eventually)

Week:??? stopped counting

I'll make no bones about it, this diary has to have been the last thing on my mind over the last few months. I've come to realize that my life is just too busy to keep a real diary for you guys and girls, it's hard enough trying to look after my plants as it is. Since flipping to 12/12 i've fed them once and it burned them a bit so I didn't bother to do so again. My usual neglect has been at a constant during this grow, i've brought them back from the brink of death on a couple of occasions (from lack of watering). I honestly don't know how they have done so well (all things considered). Nearly all of them are too heavy to support themselves and I didn't buy any small canes to help them stay upright (I'll do this next time). I'll be chopping in about a week I think, maybe less.

Bottom shelf
gallery_45398_10241_282911.jpg

Top shelf
gallery_45398_10241_489182.jpg

gallery_45398_10241_474407.jpg

gallery_45398_10241_183808.jpg

• Like 1