bull brand butane from poundshop no longer zero impurities?!

Grimweeder

so i went to poundland to buy some gas the other day an when i got there they actually had it in stock this time (usually they are out). anyway the usual bull brand used to be zero impurities an a pound a can so was really cheap an good. when i checked the can i noticed it now has a silver bull instead of a red one and no longer has the zero impurities logo on the front or anywhere listed on the can.

does anyone know if they have changed the quality of their gas or was the logo just left out to maybe save money on the ink or something? or did they save money by not making it zero impurities? jus wanted to know if its worth buying it still or wether i should order online for 2-3x the cost per can for another brand.

any help/info is much appreciated. i have a can i can test i bought for lighters. i can do the usual mirror test if thats any good if nobody knows anything.

i dunno about the near zero an weather or not they still make but i guess they do because asda have been stocking the stuff with the near zero sticker on it for a while now ;)

Guest Randy Marsh

They told me they still get the zero impurities stock sometimes but it's upto the suppliers what they send, they just ask for gas.

If everyone asks poundshop for the zero impurities cans they might order them specifically next time.

i dunno about the near zero an weather or not they still make but i guess they do because asda have been stocking the stuff with the near zero sticker on it for a while now ;)

ok cool so asda do it aswell? i take it i have to ask at the baccy counter? i never thought about asda everytime i checked other supermarkets they only had clipper brand or some other crap like ronson. il give my asda a quick call. is it still a quid a can?

well that was pointless lol my asda only sells liquid petrol crap for zippos. dunno why they dont sell normal gas. the search continues.....

Al the pounds shops and other places round me that used to stock gas no longer do. The reason? They were "getting cleaned out with bulk buys the day they came into stock. Too many gas huffers in this town"

First time I've ever known any shop to drop something that sells on account of ethics...

I get mine from an eBay seller that has an online store. Cheaper than eBay, and you can get 12 large cans for under £25 without leaving your house!

[edit] got my numbers and prices wrong... It is more expensive online, but still a fair deal in my view. And of course so much easier!

Edited by wotnwhy
  • Like 1

you can buy Newport online for a pound a can but you have to buy 30 at a time.

B&M also stock bull brand for a pound a can, the cans around my way are all still zero impurities but i'll be keeping a close eye on them now.

• Like 1

Bagged a few Bull NZI cans when I was in town last :)

Pound a can, safe.

Edit: B&M

Edited by loftmonkey

well that was pointless lol my asda only sells liquid petrol crap for zippos. dunno why they dont sell normal gas. the search continues.....

sorry dude....

• Like 1

Newport ftw, i thought bullbrand tasted funny and my pals vac purge with it, even then i find it wasnt as nice to me. I also found maplins was good too but no idea of the tech sheet data on impurities etc.

Google the ppm tests on butane and pick the top performers i say (think skpharma did it) , i was suprised at how some big names were actually crap compared to others you see alot in cheap shops.

• Like 1

If you're concerned about using any brand of butane you can get an idea of it's cleanliness by doing a simple test.

google 'skyhighler bag test' and you'll find it I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

Just phoned bull brand and they said they can no longer can print the 'near zero' cans because that is newport's logo but they then went on to say that newport supplies bull brand?! I asked if the cans with red tops and the silver bull still contain clean tane and the answer was "some do some don't"

Im goning to get some and do a test alongside the old labled can.

• Like 1

just read the milligram scale bag mason jar method and thought -is spraying it onto a mirror no good as a basic test for impurities?