Should the UK legalize cannabis? - Poll

caballero

I think most of the public now have a different attitude with weed compare to other drugs. Everyone knows someone who smokes it.

You already pay tax on soil nutes unless you make them yourself which would still be tax free if legal I suspect.

Ya good till your door comes off its hinges .

If cannabis was leagilised the tax on soil ,lights ,nutes and all other things grow related would become like the tax on petrol and ciggies

Recorder Stephen Linehan QC further ordered him to pay £2,400 prosecution costs

The courts certainly don't want it legalized.

• Like 4

85% of people that don't have a bloody clue what they are talking about, never mind, keep asking for the impossible that's just the way they like it. lol

If cannabis was leagilised the tax on soil ,lights ,nutes and all other things grow related would become like the tax on petrol and ciggies

i very much doubt it mate. theres nothing to say that the grow nutes an medium is going to be used for cannabis or for normal veg/fruit etc. they wouldnt be able to add silly taxes that are higher than the normal tax we pay for normal every day items that can be used on any crop not jus cannabis. it would only be actual products that contained cannabis that would likely be taxed in a similar way to alcohol an cigs etc.

pretty sure if i wanted to brew my own beer etc i dont have to pay th tax alcohol has on the products i need to actually make the brew. they used to have an tax in the form of a home brewers license that was required but they got rid of that in the 60's

the worst case scenario imo would be some sort of growers tax or license that would be required to grow your own but that would be paid seperately an not added to the items required to grow cannabis. i doubt they would even be able to add a license fee tho, or if they did it wouldnt last very long. i certainly would not pay it an i doubt a lot of others would either.

Edited by Grimweeder
  • Like 1

i very much doubt it mate. theres nothing to say that the grow nutes an medium is going to be used for cannabis or for normal veg/fruit etc. they wouldnt be able to add silly taxes that are higher than the normal tax we pay for normal every day items that can be used on any crop not jus cannabis. it would only be actual products that contained cannabis that would likely be taxed in a similar way to alcohol an cigs etc.

if cannabis was legalized growing and smoking weed would automatically become more popular therefore more in demand therfore the prices would rise like anthing else in demand . we live in england (most of us anyway) a country that loves clawing as much doe they can out off us . cannabis is big money legal or illegal , there would be growing permits which would probably need renewing every crop . growing weed without a licence would be far worse crime than growing weed is now that it is illegal . i would love to see it one day domt get me wrong , just dont think were ready for it

Possession of cannabis can not be legalised because of the single convention on narcotics anyone who thinks or believes otherwise

is ignorant of the facts and barking up the wrong tree.

Aye they did and there seems very little the UN can do about it, the only other route is to do what Bolivia did and sign out of the Single Convention, change their laws on Coca leaf possession and then sign back in again, that was due to the traditional indigenous use of Coca leaves, we have no traditional use of Cannabis so no chance of that and as you say it is highly unlikely our government will ever do anything sensible.

• Like 1

Guest AUTOSTEVEUK

yes it should be legalized for medical use i took part in the clinical trials the first time in 2000 and my god that weed was dank and shit so started to self medicate as i know whats going into my plants witch are all organic :oldtoker:

Aye they did and there seems very little the UN can do about it, the only other route is to do what Bolivia did and sign out of the Single Convention, change their laws on Coca leaf possession and then sign back in again, that was due to the traditional indigenous use of Coca leaves, we have no traditional use of Cannabis so no chance of that and as you say it is highly unlikely our government will ever do anything sensible.

there might actually be an arguement over whether we have a traditional use of cannabis ,it has been in use in the uk for a very long time as you are well aware ,its just its been erased or semi erased from history`s books

if cannabis was legalized growing and smoking weed would automatically become more popular therefore more in demand therfore the prices would rise like anthing else in demand . we live in england (most of us anyway) a country that loves clawing as much doe they can out off us . cannabis is big money legal or illegal , there would be growing permits which would probably need renewing every crop . growing weed without a licence would be far worse crime than growing weed is now that it is illegal . i would love to see it one day domt get me wrong , just dont think were ready for it

Cannabis is not illegal. Growing cannabis without a licence is illegal. The scenario you have described already exists. Cannabis can be grown with a licence, getting a licence is extremely difficult though.

• Like 1

there might actually be an arguement over whether we have a traditional use of cannabis ,it has been in use in the uk for a very long time as you are well aware ,its just its been erased or semi erased from history`s books

Aye there was a widespread use of cannabis as medicine in Victorian times but it cant be argued that it is traditional as the cannabis came from India at the time.

• Like 2