Strawberry Fields Forever - A Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia Diary

dannychoo

@@Dinafem-Mark Thanks man. I did ~2.5ml to a litre and fed each 1.5 litre, so 7.5ml to 3litre that I mixed up.

Definitely got airflow, perhaps not the best but for my small tent it'll do: (PC fans all 120mm) - 2fans 10 cm away from SA#1's main cola; 1 fan encased in a cardboard tunnel I made blowing upwards into the middle of canopy; one 9" RAM desktop fan 20cm away from SA#2's main cola; 5" Ruck intake directed vertically towards SA#1's fans and of course the 5" Silent TD outtake with 5" Rhino Pro Filter. I have negative pressure due to the fan controller I use..

I still get quite high temps near the bulb but that's something I'll solve next grow with a cool tube (less lumens/reflected everywhere in the tube, but if it means 1 week longer for lower temps, then I'm all for it). Humidity is 45% at base (bottom of pots/tent floor) and ~35-40% at canopy.

The Molasses I use is from Holland and Barrett's... Meridian Natural Molasses Pure Cane 740g £2.89 :yep:

Edited by dannychoo
  • Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark Thanks man. I did ~2.5ml to a litre and fed each 1.5 litre, so 7.5ml to 3litre that I mixed up.

Definitely got airflow, perhaps not the best but for my small tent it'll do: (PC fans all 120mm) - 2fans 10 cm away from SA#1's main cola; 1 fan encased in a cardboard tunnel I made blowing upwards into the middle of canopy; one 9" RAM desktop fan 20cm away from SA#2's main cola; 5" Ruck intake directed vertically towards SA#1's fans and of course the 5" Silent TD outtake with 5" Rhino Pro Filter. I have negative pressure due to the fan controller I use..

I still get quite high temps near the bulb but that's something I'll solve next grow with a cool tube (less lumens/reflected everywhere in the tube, but if it means 1 week longer for lower temps, then I'm all for it). Humidity is 45% at base (bottom of pots/tent floor) and ~35-40% at canopy.

The Molasses I use is from Holland and Barrett's... Meridian Natural Molasses Pure Cane 740g £2.89 :yep:

Is it in liquid form or like sugar?, if like sugar how much were you putting in per litre?. The stuff I use looks like a very dark brown sugar which I have to mix with warm water then add to my fert mix or water depending on how far into bloom I am.

All the best

D-M...

• 4 weeks later...

Made some hash last weekend with the sugar/trim I kept from week 6 onwards. It weighed in at 88grams dried and I used some 5gallon fleabay bags which has 220µ, 160µ, 120µ, 73µ, 25µ.

Prepared 10 gallons of iced water (3x 2kg bags of ice); put 4gallons in a bucket with the trim and mixed for 12 mins each run. I ran it three times, leaving it in for 30 mins before lifting 220µ.

I got just under 8 grams and kept the bubbled trim aside to try and get some BHO out of it later.

Here's some photos, thanks for looking! :)

trim88

1st Run

120micron

73micron

25micron

25micon1

Half-time spliff :sweaty:

half time

After 3 or so days:

tray

73µ

25µ

• Like 5

Hash looks like some good shit . Nice job

He has done a great job, superb looking hash :)

All the best

D-M..😨

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Final Report

Heya all. Hope you've got lovely weather where you are and enjoying it after work etc. :)

So it's been a fair few weeks since I chopped these and I've been curing them in mason jars, burping them every time I dip my hands.

I'm actually coming to the end of the crop now and probably got around 20 grams left altogether. I won't say how much I got total dried weight but I will say I was satisfied with it - not the best yield but the high is worth it.

So onto some photos cos I know that's what you all love :P

N.B. Unfortunately my phone got stolen so no macros this time around.

STRAWBERRY AMNESIA

gallery_84346_10283_221177.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia #1

gallery_84346_10283_78273.jpg

Slight strawberry smell, musky, earthy. High is a bit more couchlock but not overbearing.

Strawberry Amnesia #2

gallery_84346_10283_147742.jpg

Smells more citrus and floral. slight hint of fruity but wouldn't say strawberries. A slight creeper but again can smoke throughout day.

Strawberry Amnesia #3

gallery_84346_10283_241753.jpg

Smells floral, hazy. slightly musky. Nice high, but I wished I let this one go 1-3 more weeks - was chopped a week or two before the other two cos I ran out of bud.

Overall I'd say my Strawberry Amnesia plants had a nice happy high, smooth smoke, relaxing but not couchlocked, good smoke throughout (stressful/relaxing) day.

I didn't like the yields, but kind of expected it with Sativa strains and the fact that I haven't really grown many of them to be experienced and patient enough.

They were quite easy to grow and started light feeders but soon needed more. I'd say later on it gets more difficult to maintain.

Space is definitely a worry with Sativas and this one is no different. If I was to grow it again, I'd support it better or train them LST - either tie them down or bend them with some padded wire. I'd also be precarious about the length of time it takes from seed to chop as I believe this took about 18-22 weeks! I wouldn't mind a 16 week Sativa but 20 weeks is a long time for a small persy grower like me.

I'd also advise not to use Molasses, or at least the ratios and brand I was using (2.5 - 5ml per liter and Meridian Natural Molasses - Pure Cane).

So overall scores (out of 10):

7 - Yield

6.5 - Buds : Leaves ratio

6 - Bud Structure

5.5 6.5 - Strength --ETA-- I just had a spliff of the SA#1 and I'm high as a kite so I up'd it to 6.5 from 5.5 lol

Which gives 26/40 or 65% or 6.5 average scores overall.

Of course, this is a review for my grow. I saw others having better environments, experience and other factors and they grew much better plants than I did.

Thank you all for following my diary and I hope you found some useful information (or things not to do lol ).

Signing off,

Dannychoo.

Edited by dannychoo
  • Like 6

Final Report

Heya all. Hope you've got lovely weather where you are and enjoying it after work etc. :)

So it's been a fair few weeks since I chopped these and I've been curing them in mason jars, burping them every time I dip my hands.

I'm actually coming to the end of the crop now and probably got around 20 grams left altogether. I won't say how much I got total dried weight but I will say I was satisfied with it - not the best yield but the high is worth it.

So onto some photos cos I know that's what you all love :P

N.B. Unfortunately my phone got stolen so no macros this time around.

STRAWBERRY AMNESIA

gallery_84346_10283_221177.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia #1

gallery_84346_10283_78273.jpg

Slight strawberry smell, musky, earthy. High is a bit more couchlock but not overbearing.

Strawberry Amnesia #2

gallery_84346_10283_147742.jpg

Smells more citrus and floral. slight hint of fruity but wouldn't say strawberries. A slight creeper but again can smoke throughout day.

Strawberry Amnesia #3

gallery_84346_10283_241753.jpg

Smells floral, hazy. slightly musky. Nice high, but I wished I let this one go 1-3 more weeks - was chopped a week or two before the other two cos I ran out of bud.

Overall I'd say my Strawberry Amnesia plants had a nice happy high, smooth smoke, relaxing but not couchlocked, good smoke throughout (stressful/relaxing) day.

I didn't like the yields, but kind of expected it with Sativa strains and the fact that I haven't really grown many of them to be experienced and patient enough.

They were quite easy to grow and started light feeders but soon needed more. I'd say later on it gets more difficult to maintain.

Space is definitely a worry with Sativas and this one is no different. If I was to grow it again, I'd support it better or train them LST - either tie them down or bend them with some padded wire. I'd also be precarious about the length of time it takes from seed to chop as I believe this took about 18-22 weeks! I wouldn't mind a 16 week Sativa but 20 weeks is a long time for a small persy grower like me.

I'd also advise not to use Molasses, or at least the ratios and brand I was using (2.5 - 5ml per liter and Meridian Natural Molasses - Pure Cane).

So overall scores (out of 10):

7 - Yield

6.5 - Buds : Leaves ratio

6 - Bud Structure

5.5 6.5 - Strength --ETA-- I just had a spliff of the SA#1 and I'm high as a kite so I up'd it to 6.5 from 5.5 lol

Which gives 26/40 or 65% or 6.5 average scores overall.

Of course, this is a review for my grow. I saw others having better environments, experience and other factors and they grew much better plants than I did.

Thank you all for following my diary and I hope you found some useful information (or things not to do lol ).

Signing off,

Dannychoo.

Thank you for doing such a great,detailed grow :) . They all looked like great phenotypes but by the sound of things pheno 1 was the strawberry dominant one..

Great review of our genetic :) you've done them proud

All the best

D-M..😨

• Like 1