Strawberry Fields Forever - A Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia Diary

dannychoo

I personally dont think the molasses would cause any problems but I agree when used correctly it does imo enhance the taste and trichome development seams increased :). I tend too give once a week from week 5 of 12, s

All the best and thank you for tge update :bong:

D-M..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks for the diary update. Things are looking good. Those branches look heavy. How long do you think you will flush these beauties for?

Too heavy! I wish I had tied them to some bamboo or the tent frame... To answer your question: I'm growing organically and some on these forums advise flushing isn't necessary yet others feel it should. I think until you try both ways, it's unclear what your own personal taste would prefer. For me, I find that giving the ladies a flush once or twice before the end (2-3 days in between) and perhaps 24 hours total dark before chop gives it that little extra empathsis on clearing the systems from the roots up and also pushes the plants to use up all it's reserves to generate more flavour and trichome maturity. That's just my thoughts, and like I said, it doesn't seem to be harmful or detrimental either method (no / flush).

I personally dont think the molasses would cause any problems but I agree when used correctly it does imo enhance the taste and trichome development seams increased :). I tend too give once a week from week 5 of 12, s

All the best and thank you for tge update :bong:

D-M..

I think heat and maybe lock out induced some of the fan leafs to go crusty, shiveled and yellow/brown. Either that or it was just naturally like that (?). I'm about to cut down SA#3 as most of the hairs are orangey-brown and the snip I did showed a nice trichome variety.

I'm glad you also agree on the molasses. It's like giving it sweeteners lol What kinda dosages do you generally feed molasses and is it a gradual in/decrease as well as mixing in with the Bloom + any other beneficials?

Regards. :pimp:

Edited by dannychoo
  • Like 3

@@dannychoo I get a heaped tablespoon of molasses and disolve that in a measuring jug with boiling water. Then I add the disolved molasses to my feed water then feed. I tend to only feed the molasses with no added nutes but I only feed it once or twice per week the other waterings have my other ferts in. You could add it to your fert mix its only sugar so cannot see there being a problem :).

All the best

D-M..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark Tis what I thought and do as well, although I just use the hot water tap cos I'm too lazy to boil the kettle lol Tablespoon per liter? I'll definitely heed your advice on feeding every other with molasses.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark Tis what I thought and do as well, although I just use the hot water tap cos I'm too lazy to boil the kettle lol Tablespoon per liter? I'll definitely heed your advice on feeding every other with molasses.

I would say a heaped tablespoon once disolved added to 5litres of water :) you could go with 10 litres but I find that 1tbs/5l works great. You will know if you are overdoing it as your medium will get a crusty top and sparkle at you lol.

All the best and yes go with molasses 2-3x per week or in every other watering :)

D-M..

• Like 1

***UPDATE***

So I took down the lower branches of SA#3 on the 24th and the rest was chopped down two days ago (26/02) as it was mostly orange pistils and all the leafs looked decrepit, yellow and flaky. I also have no green to smoke at the moment so :P First bunch is from lower branches, second lot is from main colas etc. (as always click to enlarge..)

24/02

97a

97b

97c

97d

97e

26/02

98a

98b

98c

98d

Some flash drying of the airbuds later and a quick dry smoke report:

• Smells very hazy, kind of like nag champa incense.
  • Crumbling/playing in fingers brings out a fruity, sweet sort of cross between mango and grapefruit.
  • Smoking is nice so far for a flash-dry. Not harsh, smell lingers reminiscent of Amsterdam cafes...
  • High is uplifting, giggly, slightly forgetful.

Can't wait to taste/smell her when she's cured proper :yep:

Both SA#1 and #2 still to come down, both on flush with 2.5-3.0ml molasses per litre. Each taking 1.5litre every 2-3 days.

Some photos of SA#1 and #2:

99a

99b

99c

99d

99da

99e

100a

100b

@@Dinafem-Mark Do you think I should go to day 77? I'm currently on 70days give or take. They're both still showing whitish pistils so I may have to either wait another 7 days or judge by the Trichomes...

• Like 8

@@dannychoo I would definitely go on trichome development and color :). Things look great and thank you for the small initial smoke test :bong:

I would check the trichomes then make the call but 7 more days could help a lot :).

All the best

D-M...

• Like 1

Took some Macros today, as inspired by all the DSLR searching I've been doing recently.

Hope you enjoy them! The last two with watermarks are my favourites!

101d

101b

med_gallery_84346_10283_557735.jpg med_gallery_84346_10283_312840.jpg

Edited by dannychoo
  • Like 5

Thanks for a great update. And a great diary. The smoke report from the quick dried bits sounds like your in for something tasty. Those macro shots are truly special.

• Like 2

Some really nice shots of our sa/strawberry amnesia :). Loving the macro shots :). How far @@dannychoo are you from ✂ the chop?.

All the best, and thank you for the update

D-M..😱

• Like 1

Thanks for a great update. And a great diary. The smoke report from the quick dried bits sounds like your in for something tasty. Those macro shots are truly special.

Thank you as always Sy :) It's probably the first time for me that a quick dry was as tasty as it was. All I did was leave the lower airbuds to dry on top of the reflector in a small container.

Hey'sup @@dannychoo

Just caught up, Nice diary, Plants and work man

Enjoy the fruits

Peace

You just got to the good parts lol Thanks MGM, it means a lot to hear that :)

Yep the trich shots are spot on.

Thank you Zyp! I hope to get better clarity whenever I start a new diary / get a DSLR and macro lens so I hope you will drop by my future diaries too :yep:

Some really nice shots of our sa/strawberry amnesia Loving the macro shots . How far @@dannychoo are you from ✂ the chop?.

All the best, and thank you for the update

D-M..

Thanks Mark :) Looking at SA#1, I'd say 2-3 more days. She's about ~65% orange pistils now and lovely trichomes. The calyxes have shrunk somewhat in both plants but resin/trichome counts looks up!

SA#2 will need 77 days total I think whereas SA#1 will be done 74 days or so (Wednesday maybe).

After my last feed of ~2.5ml molasses, both plants got yellowing/brown tips on the fan leafs so I definitely think less is more for this strain in my grow. This is the 2nd time this has happened in this diary due to the introduction of molasses. I'd plucked / pruned most of the yellowish/light burnt/burnt in general leafs last Friday so I know it wasn't those ones that developed the taint. This was mostly down to @@Hiphip (thanks dude! :yep: ) and others in chat reminding me about bud rot in those fat colas. I removed dry/dead leafs and pruned back the ones that were burnt, partially because I wanted to portray them in the best way instead of looking dead and yellow lol

I think pure water last flush if it needs it and dry thereafter with maybe 24-48hours darkness to stimulate the roots intake the reserve nutes in the soil.

• Like 3

I think you have made the right call by removing and brown/dead leaves as this will not help any and can create problems.

I know you say 2.5ml molasses in how much water is that diluted?.

With these HUGE colas bud rot can be a serious issue, no one wants to lose any bud to rot especially after all the hard work, my best suggestion would be to have plenty of air flow over those big buds and as you have done remove and dead or not needed leaves :).

Thank you for the update :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1