Blue Kush

HeavilyHappyHaze

well yeah it is showing more trichome development than the Indica phenotype but the indica is looking like it needs one more week then a 10 -14 day flush, i like my high 'high' i love pure sativas so when do you reckon i should harvest this Sativa phenotype???

• Like 1

well yeah it is showing more trichome development than the Indica phenotype but the indica is looking like it needs one more week then a 10 -14 day flush, i like my high 'high' i love pure sativas so when do you reckon i should harvest this Sativa phenotype???

Do you have a scope to check trichome development and color? Usually indicas are done before sativa dominant phenos but not always. I have had strains which have had sativa traits but was ready to harvest 1 week before the indica dominant pheno. I like around 20-25% amber trichomes so I would harvest by checking the trichome color :). Does the sativa pheno look like it will take longer or the indica pheno?

All the best

D-M..

Well yeah i do have a scope so im currently flushing both, its strange the short bushy indica has plenty trichome development and its stature is more suitable for a tent grow but the sativa pheno is looking "silver" with trichomes although its height was/is a bit problematic but also the sativa one looks like it has very little trimming to do whereas the indica is thick with leaves and needs alot of thinning out.

• Like 1

The indica was too dense and had to chopped only 5 days into flush due to mould on one of the top colas, however the sativa was the keeper as it almost collapsed with sheer weight that the buds carried and so much more crystal from the indy pheno, the sativa pheno needed almost no manicuring just removed the large fan leaves wheras the indy pheno was very leafy, both great yields (even with the small loss to mould in the indy pheno) but the sativa is the one thats going in the jars for a good 6 weeks cause thats gonna be the bomb

• Like 1

Dinafem say 49-56 days... I believe in a DWC using Canna Boost/Accelerator 7 weeks, i probably helped the harvest time as with the Boost/Accelerator seems to bring to flowering on the more advanced stage say in the last 3 weeks of flower so what Dinafem says it should be ready, so im happy with the overall performance of this strain, i kept clones of both phenos, the indicas have been given to a friend in need

• Like 1

Day 42 sound about right :) sorry to hear that you lost a small amount to mould :( but all in all it sounds like a very good grow which produced some killer medicine :).

I agree that the boost accelerator could have sped up the overall flower time but day 52 is right in the proper harvest window for this strain :)

All the best and will be very interested in a smoke report on the sativa pheno after a good 4-8 week cure :bong:

D-M. :santa: