My DIY Led panel

Lean_McSheen

Finally have everything dry and weighed, the buds were amazingly dense, never had them this dense under HPS.

Sweet Cheese - 56.84g

Sweet Black Angel - 81.73g

OG Kush 1 - 112.89g

OG Kush 2 - 62.07g

OG Kush 3 - 65.79g

Comes to a total weight of 378.82g - 13.529 oz - 0.947gpw

I'm happy with that, it's my largest gpw to date. Also it was my first run with LED's, my screen wasn't completely full and i had deficiency issues (especially with the Sweet Black Angel). There is plenty of room for improvement! I think it's quite possible for me to get 1.2gpw perhaps even 1.4gpw if i ran a SOG (strain dependent).

I hope you have enjoyed this as much as i have and hopefully i'll see a few more DIY COB Grows on here now :yep: . I'm off to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Peace :oldtoker:

Edited by Lean_McSheen
  • Like 7

I would be well chuffed with that result, I gotta catch up with the diary, gotta go back over techie stuff, I've seen the pics tho and just caught up with the weight....nice one @@Lean_McSheen ENJOY! :oldtoker::v:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zypheruk

Excellent thread and great to see some DIY Led Cobs on the go. Been reading on other sites about the cree's and without a doubt it seems to be the way forward. I was gonna purchase another led panel but i think i will give it a miss and just take my chances and make up a couple of cobs to run along with the current Vipar Led for my groom, only have space for 4 plants max in there.

It would be great if allowed on here to post direct links to the exact parts required to make these it would take out a lot of trying to piece other threads together as it confusing.

Cheers and best of luck with all future grows under DIY LED.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance you could detail how you built it? Really interesting stuff and would love to have a go at this but on a much smaller scale. Was thinking for a small box for males and breeding.

• Like 1

Any chance you could detail how you built it? Really interesting stuff and would love to have a go at this but on a much smaller scale. Was thinking for a small box for males and breeding.

head to RIU. lots of info over there.

• Like 1

very informative thread indeed ..top work fella .

head to RIU. lots of info over there.

As Badders said, head over to RIU, it's where i got the info from. I could put up a little 'How To', i might do that for people here but i would still recommend reading the LED section over at RIU. The sheer volume of knowledge over there can get a bit overwhelming though, there are threads on this style of build that are 100+ pages long. I'm happy to say i managed to get through most of them though. It's always best to get an understanding of how it works rather than just blindly follow what others have done. Things like how my panel draws 11.2 amps when all the lights are on, you should have a look if your circuit breaker can handle that much power as well as everything else that is drawing power on it. Or if you can, put in a new breaker just for the grow room, much safer than overloading the current one.

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Guest zypheruk

Totally agree with both Badders and Lean-McSheen, they are easy enough to build up but an understanding of what your actually doing is critical.

• Like 1

Guest zypheruk

Lean-McSheen, hope all is well your end and how is grow doing. I got the 2 cobs running with the viper led atm, last 2 weeks of flower here and all is sweet. Will be building up another 3 next month just as and when I can afford them. Cracking light from these suckers for sure.

• Like 1

Lean-McSheen, hope all is well your end and how is grow doing. I got the 2 cobs running with the viper led atm, last 2 weeks of flower here and all is sweet. Will be building up another 3 next month just as and when I can afford them. Cracking light from these suckers for sure.

@ All is well thanks mate, just watering my little ones as i type this, i'll be doing an update a little later in my grow diary in the grow diary sub forum. Glad you have them up and running! I hope they help swell your buds up nicely, i'm sure they will. You will notice a big difference when you get those other 3 cobs in there too, your plants will love it!

:oldtoker:

I would just like to correct myself. I said my panel draws 11.2amps, but it only draws about 3amps with all the lights on. The 11.2 is on the DC side not the AC. This OG Kush gets me a bit confused at times lol.