New LED Tent

Ük Grower

just drew up the spec for the mars and its 80diode @5watt ,so they will run at probably 3 watt each ,=3 x 80 =240watt .that sounds more like it to me

LED Output Power: 80pcs*5watt

Draw Power:170~200W

Dimension:340x340x90mm

Voltage: AC85~265V

View Angle of leds: 90° /120

Lifespan 50,000-100,000hours

N.W.: 6.9KG G.W.: 8KG

Coverage :3'x3' Standard

Spectrum: standard spectrum= full spectrum: 430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white

flower spectrum= red, white and infared.

vege spectrum= blue and white.

Plug Type: AU,USA,Japan,EU,UK,Swiss,etc.

Warehouse : USA,AU,UK.

• Like 1

btw i wouldnt buy from the first google search result either ,seen bad reviews somewhere ...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the heat in the thread some good some bad :P as for the hps lane ill give abit of grow background ive done 2 grows (2 plants scrog each time) under a 600w hps for flower and ive vegged 1 of them grows under T5s and one under LED UFO and ive done an auto from veg to flower under a ufo all grows was great but im wanting to do a smaller tent so im moving away from my 1.2x1.2x2m tent and a 600w hps would be two strong for such a small space and also I like the feel of LED's so well im using this small tent instead of using 2 250w hps for example I wanted to try the LED's and thats why I came here to see if I should get the 400w or the 700w as the price difference is no biggy its only around £200 more total and I like the Mars II brand as from what ive read via grow logs and vids it looks like a good entry lvl LED (not the best LED but not the worst)

• Like 1

Am using the 144 x 3 reflector from the same people.in a similar size area,lots of bud sites will have to wait and see the finished result.I don't regret buying it yet..apart from the PayPal invoice saying "topledgrowlight"which also shows on bank statement..

Edited by zippi23

my whole ground floor is 105w of LED over 100 m2 and if all is turned on it is too bright... LED tech is brilliant but for growing? I'm honestlty going to stick with the tried and tested

captain caveman

• Like 9

I see you kicked off the old guard chanting HPS, that always seems to go on when anyone mentions LEDS on here :rofl: , I'm doing an experiment at the moment with a Mars II 400 watter, it was £137 quid, I'm not here to compare the light with an HPS it's daft old hat , if any comparison should be made it should be LED verses LED. I've been in flower for 2 weeks, growth has been really good throughout, plants are healthy, time will tell, I'm in a ds60, 4 plants dwc, having to scrog 4 different varieties (turning out to be a bummer) 2 not good for scrog. I is really suited to it, it's like a vine.

I want to see for myself what they will do, I've seen some good results around so gave leds a go, and cos of my space available, heat control is a doddle.

I'm liking things so far, proof will be in the bud. All I can tell you is the mars II is coping fine in a 60x60 x 150 so I am going to say 2 mars 400 watters opposed to the 700 watter cos of light coverage, they would fill your 120 tent space with a more even spread than the single light.

just drew up the spec for the mars and its 80diode @5watt ,so they will run at probably 3 watt each ,=3 x 80 =240watt .that sounds more like it to me

LED Output Power: 80pcs*5watt

Draw Power:170~200W

Dimension:340x340x90mm

Voltage: AC85~265V

View Angle of leds: 90° /120

Lifespan 50,000-100,000hours

N.W.: 6.9KG G.W.: 8KG

Coverage :3'x3' Standard

Spectrum: standard spectrum= full spectrum: 430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white

flower spectrum= red, white and infared.

vege spectrum= blue and white.

Plug Type: AU,USA,Japan,EU,UK,Swiss,etc.

Warehouse : USA,AU,UK.

bout 270-280 watts according to matey boys meter on utube

I'm not here to compare the light with an HPS

Why not? :unsure: Would at least prove 1 way or the other which light is best for growing Cannabis so people can get the best value for money. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

cos like I said above led verses led would be the correct experiment, they are nothing like HPS they are completely different ways of growing gange, a comparison is totally illogical. HPS would be deemed best cos of light penetration and budweight /bigger tent, where as in a small tent LEDs are more suited if heat ie an issue, I'm on the trail of some of this sugar I have heard about on me bud tips instead of it being burnt off by the HPS praps, who knows? it could be the crystal faries partying on, it's been interesting experiment so far.

Edited by nughead
  • Like 1

Why not? :unsure: Would at least prove 1 way or the other which light is best for growing Cannabis so people can get the best value for money. :oldtoker:

check out icemud on the other 420 channel.

thanks for the info nughead as for the leds when i was saying 700w it would still be 2x 700w mars II or 2x 400w mars II not 1x700w. so with that info do you still think the 2x 400w is better than the 2x700w for my size tent

The wattage should be transparent. Too many LED sellers use dodgy tactics to make out the light is a lot more powerful than it is. Many use LED stated power instead of acutal power drawn from the socket.

There are plenty of bad reviews of marz. The fact they don't display par readings is concerning.

Regarding getting 2x one model light versus 1x double power light it depends on your grow. If your scrogging with 2 dwc buckets side by side probs better off with 2x one model light