Megalithic Britain

Hughie Green

my mate found a celt gold coin, weirdest thing it had a clock at 9 o clock on it amongst other things lol had a pulled apart horse and wheat ears aswel. probably ripping the horse/humans up at 9pm to make the wheat grow but how would they know what a clock looked like, would be fucked up things going on at these henges 3000 odd years ago lol

• Like 2

thanks for posting @@Hughie Green.

i love our history the man presenting gives us a clue what history is about in this country .

he says "it gives me the freedom to offer some contentious ideas without getting the sack".

i think this statement is telling and backs up what ive said about historic academia in this counrty .

• Like 1

Nice one Hughie, i was aware that Julian had written a book or two on this subject but never followed it up, just watched some of the first vid and looks very interesting, will spend some time watching the rest when I have more time, got to cut a tree down outside now, not very fitting with this subject but it`s messing with my foundations :(

• Like 1

i started watching this series a few weeks back and it's really fucking cool to get a perspective without all the bollocks of something having to be sellable, interesting stuff, i love knowing this kind of thing, a life that is seemingly quite peaceful, a rapture of nature, humans being the king of there environment and revering there minds in alot of ways.

• Like 2

''PI'' in the sky .That's a book I think you'll be interested in Hughie . Or look at Ireland for a few hours on google earth ,you'll see thousands of ring forts and the place names are indicative of forts ,landscape of course and even churches/tombs/thimpeall/round(s)/temples .Birr or correcly spelled Biorra ,means navel and it's dead centre of the country . There's a lot of sites similar to ''Newgrange'',but that's made public . Thousands of them actually ,25'000 or so . A few months ago I saw a dolmen in a fort .Only for I was told it was there I wouldn't have known ,and not many people are aware of their surrounds .The dolmen was surrounded in briars and scrub ! I also found three stone circles adjoined ,and I reckon the represent an eclipse ,and only sheep see them !

Anyway ,I can rant all day about ring forts ,s'pi'/ra/ll or spirals . I stop up to them regularly and you get an eye for them . Up until the anglo Normans people respected forts ,tehre was no Christian churches ,or Norman keeps .Well people certainly understood their surrounds before the 1840's ,naturally there was twice the population and a stronger culture ,no hedgerows ,thereafter more lands were stolen ,standing stones and forts removed ,and farmers still remove ancient sites . Sometimes when a tomb collapses it's kept quiet and covered in .They don;'t want archaeologists digging and the church don't want folks meddling with the púca !

Edited by SilC
  • Like 6

got to cut a tree down outside now, not very fitting with this subject but it`s messing with my foundations :(

It could be suggested that it is entirely fitting. That time period is the beginning of us influencing the treescape of the UK on a large scale. They would have been furiously cutting down trees.

What was there first, your tree, or your house?

• Like 1

''PI'' in the sky .That's a book I think you'll be interested in Hughie . Or look at Ireland for a few hours on google earth ,you'll see thousands of ring forts and the place names are indicative of forts ,landscape of course and even churches/tombs/thimpeall/round(s)/temples .Birr or correcly spelled Biorra ,means navel and it's dead centre of the country . There's a lot of sites similar to ''Newgrange'',but that's made public . Thousands of them actually ,25'000 or so . A few months ago I saw a dolmen in a fort .Only for I was told it was there I wouldn't have known ,and not many people are aware of their surrounds .The dolmen was surrounded in briars and scrub ! I also found three stone circles adjoined ,and I reckon the represent an eclipse ,and only sheep see them !

Anyway ,I can rant all day about ring forts ,s'pi'/ra/ll or spirals . I stop up to them regularly and you get an eye for them . Up until the anglo Normans people respected forts ,tehre was no Christian churches ,or Norman keeps .Well people certainly understood their surrounds before the 1840's ,naturally there was twice the population and a stronger culture ,no hedgerows ,thereafter more lands were stolen ,standing stones and forts removed ,and farmers still remove ancient sites . Sometimes when a tomb collapses it's kept quiet and covered in .They don;'t want archaeologists digging and the church don't want folks meddling with the púca !

such a shame that over 1500 years the r.c church and later on the c of e have basically destroyed most of our knowlage

of our ancestors all because it didnt fit with there dogma . this is some ways still goes on today shame on them all for denying us our

true heritage .

• Like 3

It could be suggested that it is entirely fitting. That time period is the beginning of us influencing the treescape of the UK on a large scale. They would have been furiously cutting down trees.

What was there first, your tree, or your house?

Fair enough lol

it`s just a poorly looking fir anyway, the trunks are 5-6 inches in diameter so not sure how long it`s been there but I don`t think it`s as old as the flats, they are about 36 yo E2a, judging by the rings it`s 17 yo

it`s in a poor position, 3 feet from the building and raised 4 feet from the ground level, it`s cracking brick wall surrounding it`s roots and moving the path, I was advised by a surveyor to remove it

Edited by ratdog