Amsterdam, finally!

Tresh3

Take that map with you...

I've been to the dam quite a few times now. And there's no place that disorientates me more..

I still need the map for reference of which way I'm heading/facing.. lol

Bookmark the map on youre mobile from the site if you can't print it out... no need for internet connection to view it once bookmarked.

Enjoy... :)

• Like 3

FYI The Dampkring has split so the original one (and Tweede Kamer round the corner) are not owned by the same people as the new one up the top of town. Much to my disappointment on our last trip there the weed we got from the original one wasn't a patch on what we got from the new one at the top of town. Sad because the old one has been a consistent favourite of mine for years and is a nicer place to sit (imo) than the new one. That said, on this trip I explored the joys of the smoker-friendly bars for the first time really (on the advice of Stoneduk) and I think we'll be taking advantage of them more in the future. Surprised it's taken us so long as a lot of our favourites originally became so because they were the ones that used to serve alcohol as well as weed (420, Dampkring/Tweede, The Rokerijs).
Our favourites were Barneys Uptown for the quality of food, service and general ambience (best coffee we had on the trip too) and one that Stoneduk didn't mention, Cafe Belgique. It's tiny, but has a really good selection of beers (a few regulars and a couple of guests on tap and over fifty in bottles) and is run by a lovely lady who's very knowledgable about her range. No smoking inside but you can borrow a grinder and skin up and there's a couple of bench seats outside to sit and smoke.
Also stocks what is now my favourite beer; Pais and Vree by De Molen brewery, a must try if you like IPAs and that citrussy hops taste. But go easy as it's 10%.

• Like 4

Try The Doors Morrisons haze if you get the chance and Picasso,s house hash,cant mind its name but it was a top smoke.

Enjoy buddy.

Tenchie.

• Like 1

my favourite beer; Pais and Vree by De Molen brewery, a must try if you like IPAs and that citrussy hops taste. But go easy as it's 10%.

Is that the one I tried, I'm going for the cup in Nov and will be staying nearby :cheers:

• Like 1

Take that map with you...

I've been to the dam quite a few times now. And there's no place that disorientates me more..

I still need the map for reference of which way I'm heading/facing.. lol

Bookmark the map on youre mobile from the site if you can't print it out... no need for internet connection to view it once bookmarked.

Enjoy... :)

that describes me to a 't' lol

Despite knowing Amsterdam quite well I frequently get lost. It is fun though. lol

To the OP. All the answers to your questions are at Amsterdam coffeeshop directory. Good website/forum for that particular niche.

Anyway. For my money out of the station and Voyagers for the best weed then into Batavia across the canal to smoke it in comfort in a nice lounge setting at the back of the bar. Nice food there too. Friendly place.

Out west you can do the same thing at 1e hulp which is a great coffeeshop in itself and has concentrates. Over the road is a bar called soundgarden with a large beergarden looking out onto a wide canal.

Some other CS to look out for...

Bluebird - good hash

Media/Katsu/de Graal/Kabouter all have something different to offer in the de Pjip area. My fave is de Graal. what a shame it is closing at the end of the year.

Paradox - they have finger hash sometimes if you are lucky.

e2a -

I think it is worth doing a bit of research just to be able to steer clear of the truly horrible places which can be quite a buzzkill. Why waste time looking for diamonds in the rough. Some places are just tourist traps with little or no soul. They treat you like a mug in places like that cos you are a mug for going in the first place in their estimation. That is just the way it is in Amsterdam centrum unfortunately.

It is much nicer to get out of the centrum area into de Pjip or Jordaan. Gorgeous area with first class CS and stand alone attractions of their own.

Finally - hire a bike. It is fun.

Edited by Reg Lives

FYI The Dampkring has split so the original one (and Tweede Kamer round the corner) are not owned by the same people as the new one up the top of town. Much to my disappointment on our last trip there the weed we got from the original one wasn't a patch on what we got from the new one at the top of town. Sad because the old one has been a consistent favourite of mine for years and is a nicer place to sit (imo) than the new one. That said, on this trip I explored the joys of the smoker-friendly bars for the first time really (on the advice of Stoneduk) and I think we'll be taking advantage of them more in the future. Surprised it's taken us so long as a lot of our favourites originally became so because they were the ones that used to serve alcohol as well as weed (420, Dampkring/Tweede, The Rokerijs).

Our favourites were Barneys Uptown for the quality of food, service and general ambience (best coffee we had on the trip too) and one that Stoneduk didn't mention, Cafe Belgique. It's tiny, but has a really good selection of beers (a few regulars and a couple of guests on tap and over fifty in bottles) and is run by a lovely lady who's very knowledgable about her range. No smoking inside but you can borrow a grinder and skin up and there's a couple of bench seats outside to sit and smoke.

Also stocks what is now my favourite beer; Pais and Vree by De Molen brewery, a must try if you like IPAs and that citrussy hops taste. But go easy as it's 10%.

Not just me that gets disorientated eh! lol

The new dampkring is downtown... ;)

I preferred it has pink floyd tho... :(

• Like 1

If you're going for 5 days with the missus my best advice is to ditch the hotel and look for an apartment, or even a houseboat.

It sounds expensive but so is Amsterdam, and the money and energy you'll save by not spending day and night x 5, tramping the streets and gushing euros will easily offset it. Its an exhausting place and sometimes its nice to kick back at somewhere like home and let the good times roll, not in a boxy European hotel room where you can't. Can't knock up a cheese roll and a cup of coffee while smoking a spliff in a hotel room.

Have a goodun :yep:.

• Like 5

Not just me that gets disorientated eh! lol

The new dampkring is downtown... ;)

How do you figure that it's downtown? It's at the same end of town as Barney's Uptown bar ie north end of the city centre.

@@TheStoneDuk yep, that's the one. You had a swig of mine and a bottle of Verdette yourself IIRC.

• Like 1

Thankyou all for the kind advice!!! I knew you guys (and any gals!) would set us up with some decent advice. I've got strains, cafe's and that map all saved up, but yeah for sure, we will just find our own way round.

The Amsterdam Dungeon sounds like something to check out for sure!! Love the York Dungeon while stoned, I travel halfway across the country for that and chester zoo at least once a year!

An apartment/houseboat sounds good, are they available in the city center? We are still young (old enough to be doing what I do mind ;) ) and considering I've never been on a holiday since I was a teenager with my parents, I think we were quite looking forward to the tramping around and bashing cash on stupid things. If a hotel does become the option, are the laws still lenient enough that I could pop out before bed to blaze a fatty on the street (If its not too obvious?)

Thanks for the hash reccomendations, that's definatley something I wanted to try - probably get myself a nice pipe when we arrive and a cheapy grinder like mentioned.

@@Nobody im not a drinker myself but shall pass the reccomandations on to the lady.. she likes a good pint

This next month is going to go so dam slowly!!

Dont smoke on the street mate,thats what they have coffee shops for,it could get you into bother,unless you away from the crowds like a park or somewehere.

Google smoker friendly houseboats/hotels/appartments,sure theres still a few around that will accomadate you both.

Enjoy your trip.

Cannabis museum is worth a visit.

Tenchie.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - Amsterdam is still a great destination for smokers.

A favourite of mine, especially when I'm there on my own, is to do a bit of urban hiking. Pick a coffeeshop a long way from where you're staying and then take the long route to get there taking in various sights on the way. Arrive, get messed up and then try and get home - awesome.

Also, I always tried to take a book especially one that really sucks you into to its world to a point where you begin to almost live in it. I have great memories of reading Tales of Power by Castaneda over there...

• Like 3