Amsterdam, finally!

Tresh3

Finally got around to getting a passport sorted, and decided me and the missus would go and check this wonderland, only a stoner's throw across that big puddle. Planned to go end of next month, and got the flights booked. Just looking for a decent hotel now and shall have a flick through the sticky thread.

Heard from mates that have been, and also read on here about the sifted/generally shit quality weed. Now I know what i'm looking for, however just thought I would make a thread.

Can anyone reccomend any coffee shops? Price is not an issue, as we all know, its the quality of the herb that matters.

Reccomended pass times?

Reccomended places for food?

If anyone has the time, post us a version of your experiences over there, i'd love to hear, all the Dam stories i've ever heard have been awesome :D

And shall soon have my own to tell...

• Like 2

i love amsterdam man! i go as a tourist and the city offers me everything i'm looking for, atmosphere for smoking ganja :) have a great time man and smoke one for the boys here at uk420 ;)

• Like 1

The supermarkets are INCREDIBLE. Pump yoghurt and already done salads. Seriously! Try some of the Asian food too if you are brave...

Now...the weed....

1- Dee Dampkring

2- Katzu

3- Bluebird

Peace man :) Have fun!!

Recommended coffeeshops: Utopia (closing soon due to daft school proximity rules :( ), De Graal (closing soon due to daft school proximity rules :( ), Club Media, Voyagers, Cafe420 (closing soon due to daft school proximity rules :( ), Katsu, Green Place.

There's also lots of bars that allow weed, usually advertised on the window. I personally like Batavia (next to voyagers), Barneys Uptown, Bottle (next to cafe420), Ricks Bar has a great location, pinball a large canal-side terrace and happy hour (just reopened), Susies Saloon (next to Ricks).

La Grotte is a cool smoker friendly cafe that does wicked toasties, breakfasts and Lunches. RED, Café Loetje, and Cafe de klos for Steak/ Ribs, the Pancake Bakery, Koh-i-Noor (indian)

:D

• Like 5

When hungry on the move you've got to try, Wok to Walk noodles cooked to order in front of you. Hard to walk past once you've had one

They have a couple in Barcelona as well

• Like 3

Easy times down on pricengraact is a great , uplifting sort of place. Also barneys lounge down past rembrantplein is a firm favourite. Great atmosphere, staff amd smoothies. Can get busy though. Three sisters pub up on rembrantplein also does nice food. Oh and the haagen daz cafe next door :)

Cheers for the reccomended cafe's - I just had paranoid visions of turning up over there, and not being able to find any decent smoke :P I've written them all down and shall be doing some research :D Not a great fan of asian food, but then again its a holiday and time to experience new things :D

Can't bloody wait, i'm a big fan of bongs - are you allowed to take these into/rip them in cafes? Obviously with only green in the bowl - does anyone ever take grinders pipes etc over or just buy it all over there?

Looking at hotels near the 'city center' however from what i've found, it's so bloody big! Just hope we get to see it all, will be going for 5 days so should have ample time,

Shall deffo check out the wok to walk noodles as i'm a firm fan of oriental foods :D

@Bantanamo Bay, i've heard that you pay the price for wax - cheap stuff starts at £45 half grams, something that will be hard to resist when it's staring at you from behind the counter :D

Thanks all

Tresh

Yea you can take your own gear in. As long as your buying weed/drinks in there their fine. You can also use tobacco in your joints as long as you keep it out of sight, as it's still technically illegal to smoke tobacco indoors. Most coffee shops will have grinders/papers/roach you can use gratis.

If you want a cheaper hotel have a look for something in the canal district. It's more peaceful in the evening too.

Five days is a good amount. Every time i've gone i've been for around 3/4 days. Take some comfortable shoes! you're going to be doing a LOT of walking

Oh, and a must do is to get totally baked then go into Amsterdam dungeon. It's a real trip :)

• Like 1

Quite a few coffeeshops have bongs and Vapes to use although some are mankier than others. It's always worth asking though. Cafe420 have nice clean bongs and a volcano you can use, Baba has verdampers if I remember correctly. Even some bars have vapes and bongs.

As said, grinders and skins are free in most shops but I prefer to buy a cheap plastic grinder for under 3 euros from one of the many "souvenir" shops. You can also find cheap glass pipes. If you have glass and want to bring it home just buy some surgical alcohol from a chemist and then you can clean it before bringing it back :)

One last thing, trams and the Metro are cool to get around on if the walking gets too much. Simply buy a 24-72 hour ticket for unlimited travel.

• Like 1

i went to amsterdam one time just to experience the volcano and other vaporizers, before i actually purchased one. the cannabis college, in the red light district, received a lot of great information from the guys & girl that work there. they had several different kinds of vaporizers to experiment with. during that time, many coffee shops had vapourisers to use as well. just a bit of food for thought mate :)

• Like 2

Enjoy your trip mate - I love Amsterdam and I'll be there at the end of October for the third time this year.

'The Doors' isn't the best coffeeshop in the world - it's just a little place near the Victoria Hotel but it's a good starting point as it's near the station, there's a good atmosphere and there Morrison Haze was the find of the trip for me last time.

Saying that I gotta say I second what Owderb said - just go with the flow and make your own fun, don't be afraid to look/smell before you buy as there is a lot of crap about - just be polite and curtious and you will be fine.

Hope this helps.....

gallery_72219_7972_61877.jpeg