Alien RDWC Setup and Testing

SKELE-TORO

It's really hard for me to say mate.. it's still a first time for me, so I don't have a comparison but I guess it depends on your strain ultimately.

My idea is If you don't fill the pots out with enough roots before flower, your kinda waisting space and nutrient.. but they also take time to fill the pots out fully... maybe 5 weeks, all being well.

With these Afgooey though, they have been super bushy and take up lots of canopy space meaning less plants needed. Theres no way 8 of these would fit in here.

With 8 pots, I guess your probs gonna need like 3/4 weeks veg max, before you are forced to switch to flower from overcrowding... considering the water temps are correct etc. and you don't cut them back continuously.

All I can safely say is watch out... THEY GET BIG... QUICK.

Edited by SKELE-TORO
  • Like 1

Never got the chance to try any UGORG strains as yet.. so can't comment there I'm afraid.. I've seen enough pics though and they look nice in coco. I would expect them to get a bit bigger in RDWC.

I have an idea that I want to try out for next time.. and that is, there is little to no space between the pots and the net.. they will grow straight into the net.
In theory it works, but I'm not sure if its a good idea for airflow?
I would just love to take all the hassle out of trimming under the net and also cut veg time down dramatically.
any thoughts on that people?

• Like 1

I'd be wary about the lack of airflow.... your system produces so much vigour, the humidity under the canopy would be a killer.... mind you, it would be interesting to see how this performs using 12/12 lighting from seed.... like AM's powerplant grow but in RDWC, not soil.

• Like 1

Yo teehee...

The thing is with this system the pots are massive so there is already a huge gap underneath for air movement, as well as my intake coming in underneath the canopy... I can't see why it wouldn't work? apart from as you say.. maybe too much foliage build up/humidity?

I wouldn't do a 12/12 from seed in this kit for two reasons...
1. Plants may turn out to be drastically different phenos requiring different food levels, needs, etc. as they all have access to the same drink.. it might turn out to be a pain some way in. Might get lucky and uniform out?
2. Not sure the roots would have time to fill out these 55L pots if done from seed in 12/12?

• Like 1

Yes Timbertwig!
Yeah, this is when the magic stuff happens.. the leaves are getting a nice coating of trichs now.. frosty. :skull:
I moved some stems about last night, and again I was left with a sickly hashy/skunky/lemony scent lingering on my hands.. not to mention fingers sticky like glue.

This is still quite a risky stage for me as I have dumped the H202.. there is still time for it to backfire on me. :fear:

• Like 1

Not sure the roots would have time to fill out these 55L pots if done from seed in 12/12?

55L...... I had to read that 3 times...... 55L.......... lol...... your plants are gonna get so dense you might find a lost tribe hiding in there come harvest time

• Like 2

hahahahaha.... 55L mammoths
To be honest mate, Its already looking much denser. I'm already starting to worry the buds are gonna touch when they swell out... I will have to turn the air circulation fan to max soon enough.
Hopefully I do find a lost tribe.. they can help me with the trimming!

• Like 2

WEEK 4 FLOWER:

E.C 1.7

P.H 6.0

Yes people! How's it going? Thing are ticking over smoothly here, Flowers forming nicely.
One thing that pissed me off is I have had another bulb go again this week... it's the second bulb to blow.. and always the left hand side. They are both set at 600W, so I cannot be overloading it. I will keep an eye on it. hopefully it's nothing to do with the ballast?

gallery_53527_9820_357646.jpg

The Big Picture.

med_gallery_53527_9820_27127.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_356578.jpg

med_gallery_53527_9820_257325.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_416446.jpg

med_gallery_53527_9820_17182.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_292684.jpg

I have an ongoing nagging issue... there is a lot of crowding going on, and the nugs have all ended up pretty close together. The main reason being as the scrog net was brand new when it went in, it has stretched a bit, and the plants have pushed up the slack in the middle, losing the bottom of the nugs under the canopy. Next time I have to find a way of tightening it up loads, and anchoring it down securely.
Another thing is (with this strain anyway) I will leave to stretch at week one next time.. I have the headroom spare for taller nugs.

med_gallery_53527_9820_529121.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_289170.jpg

med_gallery_53527_9820_349399.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_243106.jpg
It's a little hard to get a full cola shot, as like I said, they're a bit crowded, but you can see how frosty the leaves are getting... mmmmm frost.

Serious hashy smell too at the moment... better get the bubble bags dusted off and ready!
:bong:

Edited by SKELE-TORO
  • Like 11

Just read this from start until now and I must say bro what a read!! Those girls are loving it up in there

Followed up for the rest of it!!

Stay green and peace. Stoneman!

• Like 1

Good looking girls...you could use a hard net nest time like plastic insted of cord. Although i use cord. Imo i would remove some of the top fan leaves to help with light penetration just my opinion. Good luck

• Like 2

Those are some thick stems. Looking great so far

Wizard :oldtoker:

Stems are beast.. they are actually deforming their green nets a little now

Just read this from start until now and I must say bro what a read!! Those girls are loving it up in there

Followed up for the rest of it!!

Stay green and peace. Stoneman!

Thanks for having a read mate, I hope you liked it.

Good looking girls...you could use a hard net nest time like plastic insted of cord. Although i use cord. Imo i would remove some of the top fan leaves to help with light penetration just my opinion. Good luck

Yo, se7en.. Yeah I've always used that green squared garden fencing stuff for my scrogs, but this netted one came with the alien kit. It's really good quality and has been great so far, apart from the stretch, that should be sorted now and I will tighten her up with cable ties next time so she is tight like a toyger.

Your def right on the removal of some MORE fan leaves.. will get to that this week.

:stoned:

Edited by SKELE-TORO
  • Like 1