AustrianToker

7 weeks of flowering! :yahoo: This means only a week left for some, another 2 weeks for others and this grow will be finished!

Temps have been dropping quite a bit here in Austria. We even had snow last week and I went snowboarding, which is probably the earliest i've ever been in a season. The plants have not been enjoying the low temps as much as i did. The temps in both drobes have been dropping below the 18C mark. You will notice slight colour variation on most of the plants - yellow and sometimes purple leaves. Not a big issue for me, but the environment could obviously be better. I will probably invest in tube heaters this winter - finally! Now some pictures to clarify.

Strawberry Amnesia - mostly 9 week phenos, but there is also the more indica pheno in the background, which will be chopped next weekend.

gallery_27825_5714_89171.jpg

The other Strawberry Amnesia - also a 9 weeker

gallery_27825_5714_54642.jpg

White Widow - she has very dense buds. not a massive yielder by the looks of things, but still looking forward to what she has to offer.

gallery_27825_5714_160644.jpg

Deep Cheese - There seems to be a 8 week pheno, which will be chopped next weekend

gallery_27825_5714_55340.jpg

Deep Cheese - The other 8 weeker, perhaps even sooner...

gallery_27825_5714_258027.jpg

Deep Cheese - this one is a 9 weeker and my favourite so far

gallery_27825_5714_19182.jpg

Deep Cheese - the other 9 weeker

gallery_27825_5714_263038.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit - What a lightning bolt! Never had a plant finish that fast. 7 week pheno for sure, but she will have to go the full 8 weeks, as i can't chop her before the others (no place to dry)

gallery_27825_5714_38629.jpg

Power Kush - Will also be chopped next weekend. Might be a little early, but need to make room. Like that i can use one tent for drying and the other to finish off the 9 weekers.

gallery_27825_5714_306299.jpg

Next update will probably be some of the final shots of the 8 week phenos. :guitar:

• Like 6

Looking very, very close to harvest :) I've never found a actual grapefruit pheno more lemon zesty smell or a pungent blueberry smell. Thank you for the update much appreciated

All the best and happy harvesting :)

D-M..

• Like 1

Looking very, very close to harvest :) I've never found a actual grapefruit pheno more lemon zesty smell or a pungent blueberry smell. Thank you for the update much appreciated

All the best and happy harvesting :)

D-M..

Very close to harvest indeed :) Still trying to figure out when to chop the first 6. Saturday, sunday or perhaps monday. Monday would be 56 days. What are your thoughts on the dark period before chop? Never really done this on previous grows. I would just chop when i would find the time. Lights on or off. I've heard about the resin production going up, if you leave the plant 24h in darkness before chop. Dinafem even recommends upto 5 days of darkness for best results with the white widow. :shock: Is there such a difference if you do at all, or 24h or 5 days?

I had to rub my fingers against the sweet deep grapefruit, i usually do that, cause i love the smell. Sweet, lemony, chemical, and when i close my eyes and can picture a grapefruit, so it does come close - Can't wait to smoke this pheno.

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 1

Nice job mr toker you're gonna be variously stoned my friend :)

lol i certainly hope so! Will be chopping the 8weekers tomorrow. Initially wanted to do that today, but suffering from a bad hangover and haven't been able to move of the couch.

Will probably make a picture update tomorrow or tuesday...

Been busy all evening... took me about 4hrs to chop 6 girls. :mashed:

Here a look at some of the carnage. Left pile will be thrown out and right pile in the box will be used for hash and butter. Perhaps even BHO, once i get an extractor. Scissor hash ball can be seen on the bottom left of the box - the reward from all the trimming work. :)

gallery_27825_5714_205841.jpg

Buds hanging to dry. :naughty:

gallery_27825_5714_221684.jpg

This update will be a bit lengthy, so i will split the next posts in hopes to that the strains can be differentiated a little better... :v:

• Like 3

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

She was the first girl to be chopped down today. I reckon she could have been chopped at 50days instead of the full 8weeks.

gallery_27825_5714_68773.jpg

Buds are not massive, but rock solid and full of resin. Very strong lemon zest while chopping her - can't wait to finally taste her. :rolleyes:

gallery_27825_5714_267405.jpg

gallery_27825_5714_32057.jpg

• Like 3

Power Kush

This girl was not very fortunate. Roughly two weeks ago, my oscillating fan broke down and it took a while to replace - the result is mold. :( Lucky me, Power Kush was the only one that was affected. Had to remove 2 main colas (on the left of the pic), as i could see they were affected. I spotted it quite early on, so i was able to save most of the cola - this provided me with some early smoke. I estimate a 10-20% yield loss because of mold.

gallery_27825_5714_187477.jpg

Kinda glad PK was the only one affected, cause i have a feeling she won't be a keeper either. Nonetheless, the buds are very resinous and perhaps i shouldn't judge her to quickly.

gallery_27825_5714_31097.jpg

• Like 3

Deep Cheese (1)

Mmmmhhh....Purpleness! as you can see, it got quite cold in my drobe. Environment hasn't been perfect. Yet, i believe she will be a decent yielder.

gallery_27825_5714_212548.jpg

Buds are rock solid and super resinous. Cheese smell is present - very potent indeed

gallery_27825_5714_66981.jpg

Deep Cheese (2)

Also an 8 weeker and just as stinky as the first one! :smug:

gallery_27825_5714_518121.jpg

My eyes were almost watering as i was trimming away, very potent smell indeed... :D

gallery_27825_5714_225144.jpg

2 more deep cheese are finishing next week. So far, I'm quite impressed with dinafems deep cheese... :yep:

• Like 2

Final post from today's chop

Strawberry Amnesia (2)

This was the most indica pheno from the lot. tbh, trimming down the Strawberry Amnesia after Deep Cheese was like a breath of fresh air! I didn't notice much strawberry smell with this girl, probably leaning more towards the amnesia...

gallery_27825_5714_34509.jpg

A closer look at some of her main colas. Perhaps she could have used a couple more days, but down she had to go... :rolleyes:

gallery_27825_5714_67557.jpg

gallery_27825_5714_90596.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia (5)

She was not very well treated. Poor girl was scorched not once, but twice by the lamp. :ouch: Once during stretch and the second time last week as she was getting a little top heavy and decided to lean towards the light. :doh:

gallery_27825_5714_113867.jpg

Below, a bud that wasn't scorched. She could have used another week in the drobe, but much like the strawberry Amnesia above, decided to put her out of her misery. She has more strawberry like smell. :yep:

gallery_27825_5714_65870.jpg

Only have 7 girls left in flower until next week. 2x Strawberry Amnesia, 2x Deep Cheese, 1x White Widow and 2x ... - not mentioning as they are not part of dinafem.

Puh, what an update?! hope you enjoyed. Now time for some scissor hash and the new episode of walking dead.

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 2

"My eyes were almost watering as i was trimming away, very potent smell indeed."

Always a good sign!

Enjoy the harvest - looks like you set for some nicely cured cannabis for christmas.

• Like 1

It is amazing but despite never having bought a Dinafem bean their stuff has ended up in my tent almost every time. Always been a pleasure to grow that is for sure.

Thanks for the update. Will be waiting on the smoke report from all those strains cos I think I have the deep cheese and maybe another in the collection. Was thinking about the deep cheese but the overpowering scent puts me off a little.

Thank you for such a detailed, in-depth grow/harvest report. You got some amazing colors in our deep cheese, great pictures and a decent harvest by the look of things :)

Doing Dinafem proud :)

Great job

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1