AustrianToker

So far they have been really healthy. But i have one exception. One of the Deep cheese has something weird going on - she had that from the start. The leaves look like they have some defect of some kind. Some leafs are worse than others, but almost all are affected on this single plant. The leafs are just not as leathery and shiny as the on the other plants, but she has been growing fine, just like the others and she reaks! I didn't take any cut from her, but might have to, could be something special.

Does anybody know what's going on?

here a look at a few leaves. As you can see, some are worse than others. :g:

gallery_27825_5714_346511.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe a slight nutrient problem but more than likely a deformation. This could be a good thing as you could get a freaky pheno ultra cheese lol

They look great and thank you for the update much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

A little disaster happened this weekend. The carbon filter decided to collapse onto the plants. Two girls got to feel the weight of the CF - the white widow and one of the strawberry amnesias. Both suffered broken branches, but to my luck they were not entirely snapped of. I quickly reinstalled the CF, then i staked the broken girls with bamboo, attached the broken branches to the bamboos and made a little prayer to jah. 3 days have past and i believe that all is good again and will not suffer any loss - Tough weed indeed! :yes:

Here a picture of the cf missing. As you can see, both bungees snapped. The rubber was really brittle at some parts and decided to give in. This must have happened, because the lamp is fairly close to the bungees and the constant heat during lights on and cooling during lights off, must have worn the rubber out. :doh: Not using those bungees anymore.

gallery_27825_5714_94669.jpg

Will take more pictures tonight... the girls are slowly developing buds as the 3 week mark is reached! :yahoo:

Hiya AT.

Shame about that filter mate.

Hopefully it didnt do too much damage :yinyang:

Hi carpodiem. i guess i was a little lucky as the cf decided to fall now and not past the 5th week of flowering. The cf fell a couple of days ago and i think that they have recovered.

Here are the two patients- Strawberry Amnesia in the front and the White Widow in the back. Leaves are not drooping on either, which is a good sign.

gallery_27825_5714_76098.jpg

the damage on the SA

gallery_27825_5714_2967.jpg

Damage on the WW

gallery_27825_5714_104802.jpg

All the others are also looking good for the 20th day of flowering. here is the view inside the tent

gallery_27825_5714_245700.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

gallery_27825_5714_214691.jpg

Deep Cheese in the front and a Power Kush cola in the back

gallery_27825_5714_103795.jpg

A peek into the bonanza

gallery_27825_5714_42947.jpg

And finally Strawberry Amnesia

gallery_27825_5714_88322.jpg

Now i hope to progress with this grow with no further mishaps. :v:

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 3

Flowering now 27days (just a night short of 4th week). :guitar:

Budsites are now bulking up, trichs are appearing, smell is getting stronger :) All the great stuff that happens during flowering - but let the pictures speak for themselves...

The tent is kinda crowded with the 7girls - Deep Cheese in the front, kushes in the middle and Sweet Deep Grapefruit in the back right.

gallery_27825_5714_321629.jpg

2 different phenos of the Deep Cheese are now clearly visible and they also have quite different smell.

Pheno 1 is more bulky and more lemony smell

gallery_27825_5714_215178.jpg

Pheno 2 of Deep Cheese is more lanky and very potent in smell - budsites are smaller but covered in trichs already.

gallery_27825_5714_85279.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit is bulking up very nicely already and i think she will be a good yielder. her smell is already very intense lemon like.

gallery_27825_5714_212776.jpg

In the Bonanza are mostly Strawberry Amnesia. A single White Widow can be seen on the following picture - i bet you can tell, which one it is (a hint, she's the one that needs support after last weeks accident)

gallery_27825_5714_403067.jpg

Here a closer look at the White Widow.

gallery_27825_5714_249507.jpg

So far so good, almost halfway through this grow! But i must admit that i have seen some mites on the Strawberry Amnesia - I will order some predators very soon to take care of business. :badass: I also need to up the feed as some of the plants are turning a little pale.

• Like 4

Looking good :)

Thanks man! :v:

Looking very nice and healthy with minim damage from the falling cf

All the best

D-M..

Yeah, seems like the CF didn't do too much damage, but one of the White Widow branches is only hanging by a few threads - quite astonishing how this branch is still feeding its headbud. I'll try and take a picture next time to show what's going on. Speaking of pictures... new update!

I managed to take some pictures just before the light switched on. The girls are now just a few days over the 5 week mark. :guitar:

Below a picture of the bonanza. A few leafs appear yellow - i suspect the low temps are causing this, as the bonanza is located closer to the window and probably gets air which a few degrees too low. One can also see that one of the buds is a little scorched from the light. Sorry, my bad! :( Otherwise, they are looking really nice and buds are forming nicely! :)

gallery_27825_5714_202298.jpg

Deep Cheese in the bonanza. She has the "cheesiest" smell of them all. Could be a nice pheno, but as usual, the cut taken of that one didn't root. :doh:

gallery_27825_5714_52152.jpg

I seem to have 3 different Strawberry Amnesia phenos. The more "indica" pheno

gallery_27825_5714_301497.jpg

And the slightly more "sativa" pheno below. I didn't take a picture of the third pheno, which is even more sativa type. All of them are now starting to give a slight strawberry or lemon type smell

gallery_27825_5714_211673.jpg

Now a look into the tent. It seems to be doing a lot better. i put this down to temps during lights off, as the tent isn't as close to the window and simply doesn't cool down as much. All the plants have been getting the same feeds.

gallery_27825_5714_113783.jpg

This is for now my favourite Deep Cheese pheno. Very resinous and great aroma when i rub my fingers against some of the trichy leaves. Cheese like, but very sweet at the same time :wub:

gallery_27825_5714_30942.jpg

Finally the Sweet Deep Grapefruit. She has a wonderful chemical lemon zest - really stands out!

gallery_27825_5714_67916.jpg

But i was a little worried the other day about Sweet Deep Grapefruit, as i was noticing some of the pistils turning brown. I believe you can see it on the picture. She is only 5.3 weeks into flower. this is a little early to have that many brown pistils. Then i read up about someone having hermy issues with this strain (single tester seed). This made me a bit nervous and gave the SDG and all the others a thorough look, but found nothing. no nanas or shemale bits to be seen... Could this pheno be a really fast one? <8weeker? @@Dinafem-Mark would you know of a fast pheno with this strain?

puh. time for a little break... :oldtoker: hope you enjoyed the update!

e2a typos

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 4

Thanks man! :v: Yeah, seems like the CF didn't do too much damage, but one of the White Widow branches is only hanging by a few threw - quite astonishing how this branch is still feeding its headbud. I'll try and take a picture next time to show what's going on. Speaking of pictures... new update!I managed to take some pictures just before the light switched on. The girls are now just a few days over the 5 week mark. :guitar: Below a picture of the bonanza. A few leafs appear yellow - i suspect the low temps are causing this, as the bonanza is located closer to the window and probably gets air which a few degrees too low. One can also see that one of the buds is a little scorched from the light. Sorry, my bad! :( Otherwise, they are looking really nice and buds are forming nicely! :)gallery_27825_5714_202298.jpg Deep Cheese in the bonanza. She has the "cheesiest" smell of them all. Could be a nice pheno, but as usual, the cut taken of that one didn't root. :doh:gallery_27825_5714_52152.jpg I seem to have 3 different Strawberry Amnesia phenos. The more "indica" phenogallery_27825_5714_301497.jpg And the slightly more "sativa" pheno below. I didn't take a picture of the third pheno, which is even more sativa type. All of them are now starting to give a slight strawberry or lemon type smellgallery_27825_5714_211673.jpg Now a look into the tent. It seems to be doing a lot better. i put this down to temps during lights off, as the tent isn't as close to the window and simply doesn't cool down as much. All the plants have been getting the same feeds.gallery_27825_5714_113783.jpg This is for now my favourite Deep Cheese pheno. Very resinous and great aroma when i rub my fingers against some of the trichy leaves. Cheese like, but very sweet at the same time :wub:gallery_27825_5714_30942.jpg Finally the Sweet Deep Grapefruit. She has a wonderful chemical lemon zest - really stands out! gallery_27825_5714_67916.jpgBut i was a little worried the other day about Sweet Deep Grapefruit, as i was noticing some of the pistils turning brown. I believe you can see it on the picture. She is only 5.3 weeks into flower. this is a little early to have that many brown pistils. Then i read up about someone having hermy issues with this strain (single tester seed). This made me a bit nervous and gave the SDG and all the others a thorough look, but found nothing. no nanas or shemale bits to be seen... Could this pheno be a really fast one? <8weeker? @@Dinafem-Mark would you know of a fast pheno with this strain? puh. time for a little break... :oldtoker: hope you enjoyed the update!

Thank you for your very detailed update, very much appreciated:). You sound to havefast phenotype of our sdg. The last time I grew her she was done in 55 days but 1/5 was ready @ 47-49 days with around 15%amber trichomes, do you have a scope to check trichome development?.

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your very detailed update, very much appreciated:). You sound to havefast phenotype of our sdg. The last time I grew her she was done in 55 days but 1/5 was ready @ 47-49 days with around 15%amber trichomes, do you have a scope to check trichome development?.

All the best

D-M..

Thanks for the Info. SDG won't be the biggest yielder, but i'm surprised at the speed she is developing. She is way ahead of the others and her smell is just crazy lemon zest. Can't wait to harvest her... Unfortunately i do not have scope atm, but i think i can use my cam to look at the trichs.

Great lookin buds dude :yep:

Cheers Embryo. So far dinafem seems to provide some good genetics in terms of growth. Can't wait for the smoke...

Now a little picture update.

I submitted this picture of the Deep Cheese to the COTC. Let's see what happens. A real special pheno so far... the smell is cheese like, but some sweet hazy goodness as well. At the beginning, i thought she won't yield to well, but then she really picked up girth in the last week or two and the buds are rock solid and heavy. Thankfully the cutting did root.

gallery_27825_5714_384299.jpg

The ultra fast Sweet Deep Grapefruit. The picture was taken yesterday - day 46 of flowering. She will easilly finish at 8 weeks. As mentioned, not the biggest yielder, but not bad either as she has 3 other colas just like that.

gallery_27825_5714_100659.jpg

Finally the Strawberry Amnesia. the more indica pheno, that will finish sooner than the other SA i got. Could also be an 8weeker. The 3 other SA are not as developed and will probably require an additional week to finish. All seem to yield well

gallery_27825_5714_145071.jpg

More pictures will be made soon...

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 2