Fake Hash in the Bulldog cafes

El Profesor

We only went to Bulldog as:

a) We were gagging for a beer AND a smoke
b) We were staying just off Leidseplein and it was the closest

c) Some of the boys were not smokers so wanted somewhere that sold drink

d) Its a good meeting point even for people who havent been there before. "Walk in the opposite direction from Centraal"

The hotel is good for munchies but other than that I steer well clear generally :)

• 1 month later...

We only went to Bulldog as:

a) We were gagging for a beer AND a smoke

b) We were staying just off Leidseplein and it was the closest

c) Some of the boys were not smokers so wanted somewhere that sold drink

d) Its a good meeting point even for people who havent been there before. "Walk in the opposite direction from Centraal"

The hotel is good for munchies but other than that I steer well clear generally :)

Agreed it does have its pluses as a venue for a mixed crowd especially.

gallery_11668_5801_230778.jpg

The original bulldog back in the day.

I'd say this picture is circa 1984.

I'm the good looking youth.

You are very close. I first went in the spring/summer 1984 and I can remember the artist painting it, so your not far off.

Cool pick brings back memories.

• Like 1

Had the same shit in 420 Cafe, some fancy Moroccan name on it, and wasn't cheap, and was laced with candle wax from what i could see and smell. it just start smouldering and the amount of fumes coming off it was unreal.

and same again in "ricks cafe" (used to be called wildstyle), some black hash this time, wouldn't even burn, and a mate got weed there and smelled like poo pourri freshener and his throat swelled up.

I stick to what i know, and that involves going to Katsu and buying some mango haze, and just enough to keep you for the whole trip and leave it at that.

Used to get some cracking Black Widow in Katsu - def one of the more reliable joints

• Like 1

Used to get some cracking Black Widow in Katsu - def one of the more reliable joints

same here, still there as of 2 years ago... YUMMYYYY!!!

the Bullsod can stick it! :sly:

• Like 1

Now, the Van Gogh museum IS worth going for.

I'll second that. Those pictures are fucking amazing in real life.

I'll erm third that. I really dislike realism in art. The museum's layout makes a big deal of VG's progression away from realism, and it really starts feeling like an exploration of someone breaking away from what's expected of them. I get a huge sense of euphoria at the point where he escapes, made all the better by being high, and with the Japanese narration guide -- not that I can understand what she says, it's that she giggles just at the right point....

• Like 1

nice pic @@forest dog , what kind of smoke was on the menus back then mate?

I can remember a few off the top of my head

Kingsbread & Lambsbread. Like smoking laughing gas.

Durban Poison. Sold in sticks wrapped

Royal Nep Templeball. Sold by the ball or half ball, 1 spliff between us couch locked us & gave 2 whiteys making head them to the toilets for a

freshen up lol

+ a good selection of hashes eg red Leb, different morrocans and also a few different S.American herbs such as your columbian and the old Acapulco Gold all imports.

• Like 2

There are plenty of coffeeshops with a great selection of hash and buds and there are plenty without.

If they let you have a look and a sniff before you buy then all should be well.

I used to go only for the hash and was still able to find some real corkers... kadinsky and katsu to name but a few ....

I have never been to the bulldog to buy anything, stay well clear!

cafe 420 / de kuil is one of the best imho as it has friendly staff, great ambience, small yet good quality menu (with good range of buds and hash- their super silver haze was a corker) and a good price for drinks - very unusual for a central coffeeshop.

you can also smoke normal joints with tobacco without anyone complaining and you can take your own food in if you want - bakery opposite :)

enjoy.

toki

e2A

I had some very strange hash in the dolphins coffeeshop(about 15 years ago) - didnt do anything at all it was like squidgy black and it had a small stone in it - rubbish.

Edited by toki
  • Like 1

I agree Toki, we always head for the 420, I like the place very much, and yes the price of their drinks is well below anywhere else, and one is never made to feel unwelcome if you dont buy their weed or hash. I always grab a G of the SSH aswell, lovely start to the day :)