Fake Hash in the Bulldog cafes

El Profesor

Having bought some good Leb in the Bulldog a few years ago I went back recently, hoping they'd still have the same suppliers. I ordered it from the big bald guy who was serving, I tried to have a friendly chat but all he wanted to do was sell me something. I took the bag, sat right in front of him, rolled a joint and after two tokes I had a horrible taste in my mouth. I got up to complain. "What's the problem?" "This isn't hash mate, can I change it?" "No" "What?" "No" "Mate, you don't get it - this isn't just bad hash, it isn't hash, can I change it for some hash please?" He put his head close to mine and hissed "No, apologies from the boss." And then he stared me out. I left, throwing the hash in the bin on the way out. Apparently they're famous for it.

I don't really get why people go to the Dam for smoke anyway. I overheard a Dutch lass in a UK ferry terminal say that she'd been questioned and asked if she had any drugs and she'd said 'why take coals to Newcastle?'. Exactly imho, we can grow weed and make hash at least as well as the Dutch and who wants to sit in a cafe with tourist smokers and people freaking out on shrooms they can't handle anyway?

Now, the Van Gogh museum IS worth going for.

• Like 8

I don't really get why people go to the Dam for smoke anyway. I overheard a Dutch lass in a UK ferry terminal say that she'd been questioned and asked if she had any drugs and she'd said 'why take coals to Newcastle?'. Exactly imho, we can grow weed and make hash at least as well as the Dutch and who wants to sit in a cafe with tourist smokers and people freaking out on shrooms they can't handle anyway?

its a very interestin city...but afraid not for the smoke anymore...just look at pursmk thread in marroco... better smoke longer stay for cheaper plus a one in a life time experience...

• Like 6

I wonder if the dutch have a system for dealing with fake hash sold in coffeeshops?, they are after all licensed to sell cannabis not some unknown junk and as licences are easy to loose but impossible to get you would think they'd be more carefull , I thought the whole point of the coffee shops was to reduce drug harms.

• Like 1

The Dam is just a commercial watered down version of its former self and with that customer service there are far friendlier places to smoke

• Like 3

Still have a Bulldog coaster, quite faded now, from my last trip a few years back.

Reports I've had from mates going over past couple of years have been almost entirely negative about the quality in most if not all coffee shops.

Many better places to visit if you want a toking holiday!

So basically the coffee shops are selling soap bar now?

Afaik they never stopped lol I also heard the majority of coffeeshops were selling a choice selection of gritweeds :bad: a few years ago. :soap: Fuckin shady cunts can get to fuck imo, Arsejam started the trend of being a greedy cuntish 'businessman' and unfortunately it set the stage and other greedy cunts followed suit. The dam is the Mos Eisley spaceport of Cannabis.. Full of scum and villainy. :starwars:

• Like 9

IIRC the "hash" we bought from the Bulldog was the only stuff remaining when we left, quite a lot of it too. There was a good reason for that.

As for "why visit Amsterdam when you can get better at home", its nice to be able to get the variety, its nice to be able to smoke wherever you want to and its a fucking great city even without the weed too.

I wouldnt go there solely for the smoke anymore (first visited in 1996, things were a bit different then) but its still one of my favourite places to visit :afro2:

• Like 1

I'll second that. Those pictures are fucking amazing in real life.

• Like 4

Rude people in coffee shops do my head in. I know u gotta respect their rules but the no hats indoors rule at dji rockery was a fukin pisstake, this rude cnt was like i wont tell you again no hats in here mate, u know how it is ur stoned with. Hat in ur hand its only a matter of time before u forget and put in on ur head again... Turban next time cant make me remove that!!! lol brits are not the rudest nation honestly itz the dutch lol

• Like 2

Your mistake was going to the Bulldog in the first place. With the possible exception of Grasshopper it is the worst place to buy weed/hash in the whole city. There are decent places in the Dam but they are few and far between.