Sweet Deep Grapefruit

Dinafem-Mark

I'll be honest about this strain, it tastes nice and smells very nice as well.

The problem is though it's very very very weak, I gifted a friend these seeds as birthday present a while back and he grew them out, quite a number as well so it wasn't just a one off, he grew 20 of them all from seed.

They were grown well, in coco perfect all the way through, a few were ready at 8-9 weeks others went 10-11 weeks, they were chopped when ready.

So ye I was surprised when smoked how weak they were a real disappointment.

• Like 1

The problem is though it's very very very weak, I gifted a friend these seeds as birthday present a while back and he grew them out, quite a number as well so it wasn't just a one off, he grew 20 of them all from seed.

They were grown well, in coco perfect all the way through, a few were ready at 8-9 weeks others went 10-11 weeks, they were chopped when ready.

Sorry to hear this mate :( the sweet deep grapefruit granted is not the strongest strain but does have some great flavours and a good mellow high. We're you expecting a more knock out strain from the sdg?

Again sorry the strain dissapointed :(

All the best

D-M.

Well yes here's the description

Sweet Deep Grapefruit cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to an Indica-dominant, feminized cannabis strain that originates from the cross of a Grapefruit and a Blueberry. The result is a hybrid with a unique flavour that stays true to its origins.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit cannabis seeds were created with the aim of providing a fruity strain. It is a wonderful, high-yielding, easy-to-grow, vigorous marijuana plant that flowers fast and yields dense, fruity, sweet scented buds. It is suitable for all kinds of growers, particularly for those who appreciate sweet, fruity seeds.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit is a medium-sized plant that grows moderately indoors and that performs well outdoors in warm, dry, sunny climates or in the greenhouse.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit has a very characteristic flavour and aroma, similar to those of a summer fruit cocktail. The effect is powerful and long-lasting, providing an intense feeling of relaxation. It is a great option to enjoy moments of relaxation.

That to me means strong but it's most definitely not powerful or long lasting in my opinion or anyone of of my mates who have tried it.

Everyone has the same to say it's a lovely smell and taste but just no hit, I mean you can sit and smoke a fair bit and have very little effect.

Really disappointing, you should really change the description and say it's not very strong and not one for a seasoned smoker as it will just not give them a hit.

I know that may sound harsh but it's pretty gutting after spending months growing it.

Edited by ELO
  • Like 3

Well yes here's the description

Sweet Deep Grapefruit cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to an Indica-dominant, feminized cannabis strain that originates from the cross of a Grapefruit and a Blueberry. The result is a hybrid with a unique flavour that stays true to its origins.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit cannabis seeds were created with the aim of providing a fruity strain. It is a wonderful, high-yielding, easy-to-grow, vigorous marijuana plant that flowers fast and yields dense, fruity, sweet scented buds. It is suitable for all kinds of growers, particularly for those who appreciate sweet, fruity seeds.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit is a medium-sized plant that grows moderately indoors and that performs well outdoors in warm, dry, sunny climates or in the greenhouse.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit has a very characteristic flavour and aroma, similar to those of a summer fruit cocktail. The effect is powerful and long-lasting, providing an intense feeling of relaxation. It is a great option to enjoy moments of relaxation.

That to me means strong but it's most definitely not powerful or long lasting in my opinion or anyone of of my mates who have tried it.

Everyone has the same to say it's a lovely smell and taste but just no hit, I mean you can sit and smoke a fair bit and have very little effect.

Really disappointing, you should really change the description and say it's not very strong and not one for a seasoned smoker as it will just not give them a hit.

I know that may sound harsh but it's pretty gutting after spending months growing it.

I will pass this along to my boss to let him know how dissapointed you are with the sweet deep grapefruit strain. I know it is not the strongest strain we carry but I would not say it is week either. I'll see if we have any lab results for this strain to see what the average thc content is :)

Can I ask how many weeks did you flowers for and do you know what the trichome color was like when harvested?

I've grown our sdg a few times and yes it was not as strong as say bubba kush or amnesia bur it did have a kick.

I'll definitely look into this issue and ask other growers there opinion on the end product :)

Thank you for the feedback very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2016 at 0:37 PM, ELO said:

Had a similar experience with the ones I grew. The first one I chopped at just over 8 weeks. Mild effect. Short lived and mild buzz. Let the others go a bit longer. Was left with an analgesic type effect, but that was about it. Disappointing

• Like 1

@Dizzy1Sorry to hear that our sweet deep grapefruit has let you down :( I know she is not the strongest strain that we carry but every time I've tried here she's been full if flavour with a very light high. Not narcotic high but still I would class this as ideal for day time use due to the light head buzz . Drop me a pm mate and I'll do my best to make this correct and show a better representation of Dinafem genetics :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Dizzy1Sorry to hear that our sweet deep grapefruit has let you down :( I know she is not the strongest strain that we carry but every time I've tried here she's been full if flavour with a very light high. Not narcotic high but still I would class this as ideal for day time use due to the light head buzz . Drop me a pm mate and I'll do my best to make this correct and show a better representation of Dinafem genetics :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark

It was my first indoor grow and my set up was not ideal. Had three under a 250W set up and bulb which could have done with changing. I did notice the smell was lovely, trichomes seemed plentiful, but they just didn't fatten up in final few weeks. I personally think the bulb/lighting didn't help matters; perhaps I also let them go a bit too long. I did notice trichomes seemed to take ages to go from clear to milky white. I chopped one at around 8 to 9 weeks, the other two went for another week. Could perhaps have cured for longer and maybe that would have helped too.

Thank you for your reply! 

I would like to let you know that I went on some of the reviews on Leafly too about the strain. At the time I was after something that would help with pain relief as well as leaving me functional during the day, but I suffer from chronic fatigue so I prefer a bit more of an 'uppy' strain to keep me going most of the time.

I got more of a buzz off the one I chopped early along with some of the trim, probably best suited as a mild medicinal strain for someone not accustomed to the stronger stuff. Would agree, not a narcotic effect. A friend quite liked it, but he is not as fond of the trippy, cerebral stuff as he has only just started toking again after years of not touching cannabis

My second grow is half way through. Have one Dinafem Cheese that is looking very healthy and doing well, plus a Dinafem Power kush (which shot up much more quickly than the others) also looking good, plus four White Islands - Kiwi seeds

650W (brand new bulb this time!)

Four and a half weeks into flower. Need to get my finger out, get some pics up and catch up with my journal/diary

Hope this feedback helps

Kind regards,

Dizzy

Edited by Dizzy1
Distracted
  • Like 1

@Dizzy1Thank you for the feedback mate this is great and I will pass this info along to the boss :)

Would live to see some shots of your current Dinafem ladies so if you have the time you could post either in the strain guide, best picture thread or start a new thread in the Dinafem section :yep:

Thanks again for the feedback mate :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

@JamJar With our sweet deep grapefruit you will not face excessive stretch mate :yep:

Your looking at 1.5-2x maximum  ;)

So if flipped at say

50cm

Yoir finished plants with be

125-150cm total when all stretch is complete  ;)

Nothing you can't tackle brother  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@JamJar Can't wait mate ;)

I may have a smoke report for SDG under my writing name. Google and see :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3