Blue Kush

Dinafem-Mark

DINAFEM BLUE KUSH

Blue Kush by Dinafem is a feminized, Sativa-dominant strain obtained by crossing a Blueberry and a OG Kush. The result is a strain of superb flavour and aroma.

Blue Kush is a treat for the senses. This outstanding plant is hardy, easy to grow, fast flowering and delivers big, compact buds covered in resin. It performs well when cultivated both by experts and by beginners. It is an elegant, medium-sized plant that grows well indoors, especially in hydroponics, SCROG and SOG systems. In outdoor cultivation, it responds best to temperate/continental climates and to the protected environment of greenhouses.

Due to its complex and interesting organoleptic properties, Blue Kush is aimed at gourmets. It is also suitable for users seeking major therapeutic properties.

Blue Kush has intense flavour and aroma with fresh hints of lemon, pine and red berries. The effect is powerful, long-lasting and rather cerebral, the perfect choice for spending quality time with friends.

Characteristics of Blue Kush
  • Suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation
  • Feminized
  • 55% Sativa / 45% Indica
  • Genetics: Blueberry x OG Kush
  • Indoor flowering period: 60 days
  • Outdoor harvest time: beginning/middle of October
  • Indoor yield: 500 g/m2
  • Outdoor yield: 600-800 g/plant
  • THC: 20%
  • CBD: 0.16%
  • THC/CBD ratio: 125:1
  • Like 1

I had to google "organoleptic " lol

I have one of these in my stash, not saying I'm a gourmet or owt but it sounds nice, I'm going to be doing it next along with a Critical 2.0 I think.

This is some serious gourmet shit. We'd be happy with some freeze dried tasters choice but then you spring this serious gourmet shit on us :afro:

:smoke:

Edited by Seasick Steve
  • Like 3

I had to google "organoleptic " lol

I have one of these in my stash, not saying I'm a gourmet or owt but it sounds nice, I'm going to be doing it next along with a Critical 2.0 I think.

This is some serious gourmet shit. We'd be happy with some freeze dried tasters choice but then you spring this serious gourmet shit on us :afro:

:smoke:

I find the Blue Kush is excellent for getting your mind active and can give a very pleasant psycoactive experience. A nice strain probably one of my favorite "blue" strains.

Thank you for the kind words

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@@Loam Gnome, all i have is my phone camera to take snapsshots and the pics suck. been messing around with it, fed up now. sorry, the poor quality folks!

Blue Kush at day 16 flower

:wub:

Blue Kush

BK

The plant to nice and strong, it's well taken care of :)
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
Blue Kush Day 65

dinafem blue kush

dinafem blue kush

dinafem blue kush

lovely dense buds, but I don't think she reacted well to my style of growing, I lollipopped her, and she put fresh buds out at all the sites where I trimmed off side branches. lovely smell coming from her :)

Mad Elf :bong:
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought it may be handy to add a little review here for anyone searching for information on blue kush.

Plants were lovely. I had 2 phenotypes from 3 plants. Both very similar but with one being sweeter and one more musky. The musky one being more resinous and potent, but both a very resinous and strong plants.

The smells

Smells on the plant were very much how dinafem have described, a perfect blend lemon and red berries, but with another funk that weren't described by dinafem, almost an after smell of menthol, kind of chills your nose a bit. Maybe a hint of fuel too and very light almost piny/hazy hint. Both phenos had this smell but as I stated one was sweeter and one more musky.

The smell of the finished product is more or less the same, but without the menthol chill that it had whilst growing, but that does seem to be returning during the cure.

The taste

What I like most is the taste is pretty much exactly like the smell, more predominantly fresh lemon with a nice berry sweetness and after taste of pine. The smoke is very thick and a nice blunt will piss out with tons of smoke. Although the smoke is thick it's also smooth and gentle on the lungs. Very fresh flavours and smooth smokes. All round pleasant and highly enjoyable.

The effect

HIGH is the best way to describe this. Very up but not racy and energetic, almost a bit demobilising. After a big cocktail of blue kush hash and flowers it's almost like being a bit drunk in that it can become quite hard to walk straight lol, certainly one of the stronger smokes I've had for a while. Although it's an up high, it's not the type you get things done with. More of a sit down and have some creative thinking type high. It settles down into a nice body effect which is great for settling into a film or a game.

Characteristics

Large plants. Around 2.5x stretch during bloom. Big thick dark leaves which seem typical of a blue strain. Beautiful plants. They take on great colours at the end. The leaves turned black, red and purple. And the plants looked good enough for me to be lucky enough to win best dinafem pics.

Final notes

Great plants, hardy as you like. Fantastic looking and a damn fine smoke. The smells, the tastes, the looks are all great. I'm a very happy customer. I'd love to grow this again. If your thinking of growing it, my advice would be do it. You won't be disappointed.

gallery_86994_10351_665763.jpg

gallery_86994_10351_614300.jpg

gallery_86994_10351_249902.jpg

Red plant

gallery_86994_10351_346496.jpg

I have a complete diary in my signature if anyone wants more pics and a longer read. I hope this helps someone. If any other info is wanted just ask.

Cheers.

• Like 11

Great write up KB, glad I chose them for the Dinafem Diary, hope mine turn out as nice :yep:

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Got some photos here of Blue Kush. I'm now at 56 days bloom and due to chop in the next few days. For those thinking of running this plant, here's a few pointers :-

1 They don't like cold boots and it's preferable to keep the root zone no lower than 20 C I've found (they will lockout below and stop growing)

2 There are varied phenos, stretch wise the ones I had went go from 1.5 to 2 x

3 Some support is required for the buds as they get dense, ie bamboo canes

4 They stink and it's a lingering aroma so filter's essential (should be anyway)

Now I'll put some pics up of various stages of growth using one phenotype, she was called BK 4 :yep:

The beginning (There she is on the bottom left)

med_gallery_13604_11040_84546.jpg

15 days in and there she is at top left

med_gallery_13604_11040_300060.jpg

Here she is at day 23 (notice the issues I had due to having low temps)

med_gallery_13604_11040_232427.jpg

And here she is at day 30 (be careful of cold roots)

med_gallery_13604_11040_520693.jpg

and here she is a couple of weeks later after I had sorted the issues

med_gallery_13604_11040_593718.jpg

now here she is at 62 days of veg

med_gallery_13604_11040_539536.jpg

I topped her after the photo above and then supercropped her during first week of 12/12 then a second supercrop a fortnight later plus a lollypop, look how rough she looks (all because of low root temps) but new growth was good

med_gallery_13604_11040_39171.jpg

And into flower she went

med_gallery_13604_11040_121438.jpg

@16 days of flower

med_gallery_13604_11040_201400.jpg

@34 days flower

med_gallery_13604_11040_451472.jpg

@Day 41 Flower

med_gallery_13604_11040_438485.jpg

@Day 56 Flower (and due to be harvested at 59 Days)

med_gallery_13604_11040_22634.jpg

med_gallery_13604_11040_837733.jpg

She smells like something out of this world :D Hope it helps :yep:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 7