Election For Cannabis

GreenVision

Hi all.

With the up and coming events I was hoping for a little knowledge on politics.

I know little if anything about the subject, more specifically the different parties and their views on cannabis. Have any mentioned the subject, reducing to class C for example.

If anyone would like to post their views on which party would best suit a cannabis grower and smoker and why that particular party it would be a great read for me.

GreenVision.

They all promise so much but deliver little but for drug reform your best off voting for lib Dem, UKIP and maybe labour. There is obviously CLEAR but theyre very unlikely to be elected.

• Like 1

Hi all.

With the up and coming events I was hoping for a little knowledge on politics.

I know little if anything about the subject, more specifically the different parties and their views on cannabis. Have any mentioned the subject, reducing to class C for example.

If anyone would like to post their views on which party would best suit a cannabis grower and smoker and why that particular party it would be a great read for me.

GreenVision.

The Green party explicitly support the decriminalisation of cannabis, plus an evidence-based policy for all drugs.

The LibDems (spit) state they believe the current system is unworkable, and are promising a royal commission, and a move to evidence-based policies.

Labour and Conservative insist that the current system *is* evidence-based, and see no need for a change as it's working. Any change from them would be to up the sentences.

Curiously, UKIP have also stated that they believe the current system is flawed and needs to be revised - to the extent they would consider decriminalisation. This is an(other) area where they are running against the tide. Both Labour and Conservatives are trying to stitch up the agenda, and drugs isn't on it. However, as UKIP have the spotlight, they can force the issue, to a certain extent.

Unlike a lot of people here, I think there's some good in the existence of UKIP (not that I agree with much of what they say). One thing it does is shine a spotlight on how similar Labour and Tory policies really are. When was the last time there was *any* difference between Labour and Conservatives on drugs, apart from trying to out-tough one another ?

FWIW I'm voting Green.

Edited by JimmyPage
  • Like 7

How the party I vote for feels about weed is irrelevant to me. Far more important issues imho

Thankfully, the party that best represents my views supports canna reform.

Vote Green :war:

• Like 5

The Green party explicitly support the decriminalisation of cannabis, plus an evidence-based policy for all drugs.

The LibDems (spit) state they believe the current system is unworkable, and are promising a royal commission, and a move to evidence-based policies.

Labour and Conservative insist that the current system *is* evidence-based, and see no need for a change as it's working. Any change from them would be to up the sentences.

Curiously, UKIP have also stated that they believe the current system is flawed and needs to be revised - to the extent they would consider decriminalisation. This is an(other) area where they are running against the tide. Both Labour and Conservatives are trying to stitch up the agenda, and drugs isn't on it. However, as UKIP have the spotlight, they can force the issue, to a certain extent.

Unlike a lot of people here, I think there's some good in the existence of UKIP (not that I agree with much of what they say). One thing it does is shine a spotlight on how similar Labour and Tory policies really are. When was the last time there was *any* difference between Labour and Conservatives on drugs, apart from trying to out-tough one another ?

FWIW I'm voting Green.

So what are the chances of the Green Party being elected, are they even close ?

To be honest, mate, I have no idea. At times in my life, I have voted conservative, labour, libdem. As far as I am concerned they are all the problem, and will never get my vote again. If we assume the closest *credible* alternatives (for some values of "credible") are UKIP and Green, then I dislike the Greens policies less than I dislike UKIPs. So for me, it's a no brainer. That's because I think it's important to vote.

We do have a Green MP, and local councillors. There's also a strong European Green presence, so we are definitely in the realms of the possible. Certainly more so than expecting to see a Monster Raving Loony MP.

How the party I vote for feels about weed is irrelevant to me. Far more important issues imho

Because personal liberty is so last century.

• Like 2

No. So vote for some cunts whose opinions and policies you don't agree with and who won't listen to you if they get in, but at least the odds are good that they'll win.
  • Like 4

I've got 17 candidates for Euro elections and 8 for the local authority.

That's enough for a party! :band:

Could be worse tho, could be eastern Ukraine or India or even Eurovison... :disguise2:

No. So vote for some cunts whose opinions and policies you don't agree with and who won't listen to you if they get in, but at least the odds are good that they'll win.

Aren't the Euros under some form of PR so that your vote actually counts? :unsure:

Guest Default Attribute

None of them will do anything for cannabis except maybe make it a class A, pointless even thinking about it.

Steady on.

I am here to learn, I thought I could ask this question and be taught, not fucked at.

I asked how much of a chance they had because If I decide to vote on either the local or general it will be an informed decision, not a hope that Cannabis will be made legal by the Green Party. Yes as a grower this is key issue, but not my only concern. I run a ltd company that feeds a family of very soon to be 6, so I have other things I need to concider.

If they only recieve a bare minimal amount of votes if that, then MAYBE I would look at another party that could possibly meet my wishes half way, at least for now a downgrade in class would surfice if The Green Party had absolutely no chance of a majority win.