dissapointed :(

corberianhaze

i have bought a load of dinafem seeds 3 critical cheese auto and more but atm i have planted and germinated 3 critical cheese one has sprouted as it should the other two have sprouted but still have seed husk attached now they are on day 7 and the seed is still on there i thought it would of fell off but looks like i have paid £20 quid for one seed atm :(

is this a common problem i havent used dinafem before usually dutch passion and never had a probelem in all the years doing the same method

Guest Default Attribute

Happens with nearly every seed I sprout, not a problem. just take it off carefully with some tweezers or something. I believe it happens when you don't plant them deep enough, and on some seeds with harder shells than others,

Edited by StevieRays

HeeHee this is not dinafems fault mate.It is really common .

Get a mist/spray bottle and soak the seed husks a few times to soften up then really gently seperste the husk from the seedling.

ATB

• Like 5

Thats common place with seeds mate, no ones fault just nature. Go and gently remove the husk

I would defantley wet it mate to soften it i killed a seedling pulling it off

Edited by Hashplanter

Happens with nearly every seed I sprout, not a problem. just take it off carefully with some tweezers or something. I believe it happens when you don't plant them deep enough, and on some seeds with harder shells than others,

Hey @@StevieRays I used to have the same problem at one point m8. The reason your shells are staying on is lack of water in/around the soil. Do you wet your soil before putting the seeds in bro?? Anyway yeah I found huge differences when having my soil damper. Only beans I've had real trouble getting the casing off was the Yeti OG but they were a good 5 years old....

Zion :haveadab:

• Like 1

Guest Default Attribute

@@Zion I do wet the soil a tittle but maybe not enough, il try wetting it a bit more next time. The soil sometimes dries out a bit from the lights so it might be drying out too quick or something. Thinking of covering the pots this time to stop them drying out until they have popped up.

Thanks for the advice, I had never thought about the moisture level effecting the shell. :bong:

Edited by StevieRays

i will go and try to remove it i have been putting droplets of water on it hoping it would pop off , ive never had this problem but seems it could be common

i did notice on seed was larger than the other when i panted them that the only real difference , i always bang them straight into there finishing 10l pots and pre soak it 24 hours before till at least i see the ph at around 6.5

With most of mine the husk stayed on, as it's my first grow I just thought it was normal. I didn't do anything about them and they fell off on their own. It hasn't done them any harm as they are growing well

• Like 1

I wet the husk and get the wife's tweezers on it and gently prize it off. Could save a few days of veg having the leaves out sooner .

Good luck

When you sow the seed, try putting it in the soil horizontally instead of on end. That way, the sprout will have a bit more work to do to break through the soil, and should , hopefully lose it's husk.

didn't know this was a problem, happens sometimes i just leave it and it will fall off naturally or i strip it when the plants a bit bigger. I wouldn't worry

got it off fairly easy but the leaves and curled in a ball shape and feels hard :( not sure weather it will pull threw