The War on Drugs is NOT The War on Cannabis

JahRy

Sorry you misunderstood me. I meant it along the lines of:

You do not think that withdraws are harmful to your body then? And that is just half my point. Irreperable damage

There is a world of difference between harm and irreparable damage. Harm can be healed. Irreparable is irreparable. Death from OD is just as possible with Paracetamol and a load of other o-t-c medicines.

poppy tea isn't refined and it's every bit as addictive as heroin

naturalistic fallacy going on here - nature's a good thing but not everything natural is good for you.

:yes: Indeed!

You forgot to quote the part where I mentioned loved ones, what about faith and trust. Emotional trauma..etc, etc... And people who die from aspirin are more often than not trying to kill themselves by eating an entire bottle. Same with most over the counter medications, that's why they are over the counter and not sitting on the shelf because there can be risk involved. Instructions on their use are given by the pharmacist before they are sold. All packages come with a warning and full list of side effects and cautionary recommended dosages. And yes that may someday be helpful for opioid based drugs as people are so hung up on mentioning.

If this was done many people would still have their loved ones still with them

To talk about Cannabis and its laws being reformed, and that trying to throw it in the same category with other drugs like H or meth or whatever is detrimental to that specific cause.

Only if you allow yourself to dehumanise users of other drugs the way we are dehumanised by the straight/alcohol community.

• Like 7

To talk about Cannabis and its laws being reformed, and that trying to throw it in the same category with other drugs like H or meth or whatever is detrimental to that specific cause.

Only if you allow yourself to dehumanise users of other drugs the way we are dehumanised by the straight/alcohol community.

...and it is detrimental only in the minds of the ignorant and prejudiced. I am not going to campaign for a change in the law to please the ignorant and prejudiced. Largely because that can only produce yet more ignorant and prejudiced law.

Edited by Ishmael
  • Like 2

@@Ishmael

Dude! Nail, hammer, hit on head! Good one :yep:

I must mix with the wrong crowd. I mean, c'mon ... "Dude" .... WTF??? Its them Murkin lingo-rays I tell you!

• Like 1

We need a campaign to slowly replace "dude" with "chap".

Sorry, off topic!!

Do ya know, a lot of people od on paracetamol while trying to get high off cocodamol etc? The LD 50 for para is much lower than that of codeine so the para is added to prevent people taking a recreational dose of codeine.

Basically they are adding a more dangerous poison to the tablet to prevent you getting a buzz off the opiates, knowingly.

How can harm be used as harm reduction?

• Like 3

Do ya know, a lot of people od on paracetamol while trying to get high off cocodamol etc? The LD 50 for para is much lower than that of codeine so the para is added to prevent people taking a recreational dose of codeine.

Basically they are adding a more dangerous poison to the tablet to prevent you getting a buzz off the opiates, knowingly.

How can harm be used as harm reduction?

I was under the impression that that's why the paracetamol is there, to deter people from taking sufficient codiene to get high.

We seem to live in a society where the very concept of being high is so grave a sin that it is preferable and by extension more "moral" to inflict death :sadwalk:

Thankfully this particular bit of prohibition bullshit can be overcome using a cold water extraction method.

• Like 4

Hee hee. I know but that's for another forum in another place! lol lol

Yeah, morals, amazing how fickle the masses are.

Spot on tho Sam.

• Like 1

:unsure:

When next we meet you must tell me more about this water extraction, Darwin old chap!

• Like 1

Codeine is prescription only in Spain but weed is decriminalised. Id take that compromise :oldtoker:

Edited by the_pimp

Arnie dude you an me is down wid da kids (makes laughable attempts at hand gesture) innit

• Like 1

Codeine is prescription only in Spain but weed is decriminalised. Id take that compromise :oldtoker:

so would I but I wouldn't campaign for it

Pity is that Codeine is an effective analgesic, whereas Cannabis is less so.

If I had to choose, I would opt for the Codeine. For me, it is a much better pain killer than cannabis.

• Like 1

Pity is that Codeine is an effective analgesic, whereas Cannabis is less so.

If I had to choose, I would opt for the Codeine. For me, it is a much better pain killer than cannabis.

It depends on the reason for the pain. MrsJP suffers backache (because using a wheelchair takes a toll). However, there are two components to that. The physical discomfort, caused by inflamed and tense muscles ligaments etc. And the *perception* of that pain. Which is usually the unbearable part. Because MS fucks up the nerves, so messages are scrambled. Cannabis takes away that second type of pain. And it's the only thing that does. And she's tried morphine, which would be where we would end up (again) if she wanted NHS help with it.

• Like 2