Spraying cuttings and proporgator

Once you have taken fresh cuts and placed them in a nice humid dome. If you lift the lid everyday just to give some fresh air, do you respray everyday too ? Do you just leave them and not lift the lid or spray again ?

What works for you ?

yeh in general leave them for the first week then lift the lid and give them a good spray , but in heated props the medium can dry out quite fast, so you may have to lift the lid and re-wet sooner.

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 2

The tops of my cuttings keep turning brown almost black and dying within 5/7 days of being taken. After plenty of searching i thought that they were getting embolisms. So i have taken another few and made the final cut under water and they have done the same thing. I have tried spraying, not spraying. Its driving me mad !

Yeh, i have had a google search and the only images that look remotely like the problem in having are embolisims. The leaves turn brown to start with then almost black, they can look fine in the morning then have brown leaves by the evening. I have tried from 3 different mothers, so would be surprised if its them causing the problem.

No, just a normal proporgator. Temps are around 25 and they are in jiffys.

Try rockwool mate , i had very good results from day 1 of cloning, i left the jiffys behinde because i can get up to 70 cuts in one prop wile i could get no more then 25jiffys.

More clones more chance to sucseed , be patient with clones i had them root in 5 days(ww) in jiffys(misting 2x a day) wile some mums cuts i waited up to 15 days finaly rooting up all yellow and half dead.

IMO its best to get them room in a week so i dont have to foliar feed them. Get the temps to 27 and keep humidity up,if its to dry inside mist them. And try roockwool its less messy and i like when i pick stem in rockwool it stays inside lol

Yeh, i have had a google search and the only images that look remotely like the problem in having are embolisims. The leaves turn brown to start with then almost black, they can look fine in the morning then have brown leaves by the evening. I have tried from 3 different mothers, so would be surprised if its them causing the problem.

Can we see your mums? And clone room if possible?

if they are turning brown and dying off rot like. You have to much moisture.

If you see that starting, take the top off each day for a few minutes and wipe off the moisture on the lid until you see this stop.

The one key point here is not to cover your clones up if they are wet.

I never spray my clones or my plants btw.

Hope this helps.

Edited by gb1
  • Like 5

No pictures, im afraid.

I think you may be right gb1. I have just taken a few new cuttings and put the propagator on the kitchen table. Gave the lid a spray, the temperature in the propagator is 22.4. Hopefully these will work. Anyone else have any suggestions on temperature, should they be warmer ?

Edited by DuBBuD

That temp should be fine. Did you have them under a light previously? I've never had a problem with spraying the clones or the leaves being wet in the prop.

No pictures, im afraid.

I think you may be right gb1. I have just taken a few new cuttings and put the propagator on the kitchen table. Gave the lid a spray, the temperature in the propagator is 22.4. Hopefully these will work. Anyone else have any suggestions on temperature, should they be warmer ?

22c is low,more like 25c of constant 85%plus humidity,in a week to 10 days should be done.

e2a just let them be should be fine maybe take few more days to root out

Edited by Herbal Kint