Is it possible to live a full life without trying psychoactives ?

MaxTrichomes

I remember reading about one of David nuts(and other bit can't remember who else) experiments with magic mushrooms...they had 30 people who have never taken them before from all walks of life and 8 out of every 10 said it was the most enriching spiritual experience they have ever experienced.......just my two penny worth....

Also heard that is good for terminal patients to come to terms with there illness and there approaching death....

• Like 1

Also Psilocybin has been proven to dull the sense of fear in lab rat tests....making the more brave the the ones who have not taken if.......not saying I'm a lab rat but,when I experienced magic mushrooms,made me for the first time like part of the bio sphere,connected to something bigger rather than just feeling like cog in the machine...which reduced my feeling fear for being unimportant/unable to make a difference to my surroundings,i now feel that I am the surrounding or part of it so to speak...

• 5 weeks later...

I think it is possible of course but i would defintely recommend people try psilocybe mushroom and lsd, i think it is important to take any mind and mood altering substances within the right evironments if you want positive experiences. Just the same as you would not sit with no psychedelics and have a good time when you are in a weird and uncomfortable place when you take psychdelics that intensify your experience for a period of time you have to be in a positive environment. I have taken psychedelics in some weirds enviroments and still had a good time but i was with friends and we had no inhibititions amongsts us. Once i took lsd that had a sadam husain blotter and chilled at a small holding (house with more land than a normal house) next to an informal settlement in cape town SA. The house of the small holding was all fucked up the, the windows were cracked and the back garden was mostly sand and bush. I spent most of the first part of the trip stairing in to the fire and poking it with a stick. The point is that the experience of the psychedelics is a some what of a paradox the affect on the human psyche and the realisation of the human within the experience is antithesis. That is why ancients were always going on about finding who you were and no thyself. With psychdelics you have no choice but to go introspective and envision the ultimate realisation of your experience. Its like if you when you find out something new that you never knew before but you realize you always knew you just never realize it before.

Set and setting ;)

Set meaning mindset. If you do hallucinogens with a bad mindset and in a bad setting (moody place, people you don't know and are uncomfortable around) it greatly increases the chance of a bad trip.

That's why so much 'research' into hallucinogens is doomed from the start, cos it happens in clinical surroundings. If I was sitting on a hospital bed in a white room, hooked up to machines that measured my physical state, being asked questions by people in white coats I'm pretty sure it would not be a very nice trip :doh:

Out in the woods (woods that I know, that I've been around my whole life, my 'territory' as it were) on a warm, pleasant summer night, sitting round a camp fire with good, close friends that I trust, with loads of herb, on the other hand has led to some of the best trips I ever had :)

E2A I always preferred tripping out of doors. Even when we did trips in my house (did a lot of that, cos when I was a teenager my old man used to go and stay with his Mrs all weekend, so I had a house we could go and trip in all weekend), when we were getting close to peaking we'd go out for a wander (I lived on the edge of the countryside, so we could just wander off into the fields :) ). Never really liked being cooped up indoors when on acid or shrooms, there's something about plant/fungus psychedelics that goes with being outside, for me at least.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Exactly. On the other hand you have great experiences, some of my best experiences on psychedelics has been at psytrance festivals in SA with the sun and the women and the music. You can't realy complain about that sort of experience. Taking some lsd in an industrial state in east london in the other hand might be not the same sort of experience. My best experience was taking psilocybe mushroom and walking up a mountain and watching a solar eclipse from the top. It sounds unbelievable and it was sureal. But I had other great experiences on mushrooms and had a few bad ones.

Edited by awesomesauce

Though one of the worst bad trips I ever had happened cos we left the house :doh:

It was an iffy night anyway, we were all in a strange mood. And instead of going out into the fields we headed into town. BAD mistake. We walked past a bloke who had obviously been in a fight, had blood all over his face. And he looked like something out of Lord of the Rings lol He was HUGE. I wanted to go home there and then, but my mates wanted a kebab :doh: and said that I could go home, by myself :fear: Then we heard loads of shouting (I think it was another fight). Then my mate mark started saying "We're gonna get murdered." in a sing-song voice, over and over again. My head was in fucking bits.

Worst bad drug experience I ever had wasn't hallucinogens, though, it was with nasty wet base speed. 3 of us bought an quarter of an ounce between us. We were warned how strong it was, but being kids who knew better ( :doh:) we ignored that, split it 3 ways and bombed a third each :headpain: then went out into the woods.

I knew I was in trouble when I became convinced that my two mates were plotting to kill me :doh:

I suffer from bipolar disorder, and have had episodes of manic psychosis, and I can absolutely state that amphetamine psychosis is pretty much identical to manic psychosis, and it makes your worst bad trip seem like a pleasant evening lol

I can't touch speed now. That one night broke me as far as speed goes. Did it a few times after that and as soon as I started to come up the paranoia kicked off. I'm gutted, cos I used to love speed. My own stupid fault, I ruined it for myself.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Yeah fuck speed paranoia.

Never could get uppers as a recreational option, functional drugs maybe but couldn't do em for mood enhancing or fun, psycodelics and sedatives all the way from now on!

Another unbelivable story, back in the day used to be around a lot of mushroom and this one guy took mushroom every day continuously for a number of day like 5 days and then he ended up calling his mom at petrol station and he went to hospital because he was seeing everyone as orange and it was too much. So they took him to the hospital and pumped his stomach and gave him sedatives.

That does sound unbelievable, or more like bollocks cause anyone who's ever done mushrooms knows that they're very self regulating. Taken the next day you need 2x the amount to get half the experience. Taken 3 days in a row, don't even bother.

I took few trips, mushys n salvia had some good times and bad lol, not taken anything like that for years I really dont feel they gave me some enlightenment or anything like that. Was just some fun at the time :) wouldnt dare do anything like that again doubt my aged brain could take it lol

On mushrooms, walking at night, everything looks like a mushroom, just different sizes.

Heard peyote can do the same, sort of a visual reference to the trippy Eucharist.

Taken the next day you need 2x the amount to get half the experience. Taken 3 days in a row, don't even bother

Aye, I got to realise that with acid (cos on the weekends we often did 2 nights in a row, but had to get twice as many trips the second night) and I kinda learned for sure when I was at uni in Plymouth. We always went picking on Dartmoor in shroom season, and if you know where to go it's a shroomer's paradise :D Bags and bags of them :D But I learned very quickly that the law of diminishing returns applies, second day on them you need at least twice as many as the first day to get the same effect, and it's exponential, third day you can eat shit loads and still not get there. Acid and shrooms require periods of abstinence, really no more often than once a week.

• Like 2

That does sound unbelievable, or more like bollocks cause anyone who's ever done mushrooms knows that they're very self regulating. Taken the next day you need 2x the amount to get half the experience. Taken 3 days in a row, don't even bother.

Ok I removed that because I was not sure on the forum rules. Yes it is a second hand story i admit, it came from the person who experienced it. So i imagine it is exaggerated. But my friends and we used to get 100gram of dried mushroom for R800 which is like £80. R800 seemed like a lot more than £80 does as this point. It was more like say £400. Any way we had a lot of mushrooms and would sell them to friends for cheap. This guy who also used to take meth a lot, he bought a load of mushrooms like 20 grams and he said for 5 days he ate mushroom and then it ended by him calling his mom at the petrol station because he was seeing everyone as orange, like their skin was orange.

I think calling your mom and tripping out is a bad idea as the mom won't know what to do but take the person to hospital. I know he did go to hospital, i know it was 5 days after he bought it but i don't know how much he took or how often.

Edited by awesomesauce

• 1 month later...

worst trip on psyobiln mushies was very strange, was going 2 local shop on a sunday in middle of town when all of a sudden the church bells started ringing (1st time in years) i was just across the road and the noise and echo effect had me scuttling into a passage way freaked right out.

But i loved taking stuff and getting all shamanisitic on it, i believe it opens a different view on things or things u would pass ur whole life by and never notice like right angles lol .