ideas for activism

soto

Hi,

I'm tryimg to think of novel ideas for activism and wonderered if you have any insights. In SSDP we used to have a 'rate these drugs' game where people ranked each drug according to h8w harmful they thought they are and were then presented withthe ratings given by scientists in the lancet.

Another thing I'd like to try is a campaign for real cannabis, focusing on the problems creates like contamination.

Also have th3 cannabis caf3s that have sprung up ever ttried to apply for planning permission? Would be worth trying to do so then get publicity over it.

Also the chritian drugs thing, trying to look at drugs from a religious perspective, using scripture to argue against the status quo. Big can of w8rms but worth a go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

fracking risks our ganja growing outdoors and of coarse indoor .Nothing will escape it our beautiful villages,towns,countryside the world.

and its happening now in our enviroment

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="
" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="
">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/greenpeaceuk">Greenpeace UK</a>.</div></div>

Check out the Transform Drug Policy site www.tdpf.org.uk and then maybe think of something to do on April 20th, then check out the 'Supporters of Reform' page and maybe invite them to a gig that's been organised as there's loads of peeps you know and love :oldtoker: Bom Shiva

"you don't have 10 MPs because people dissatisfied with the three main parties are voting UKIP"

Fucking biased Andrew O'Neil. What a cock. Since when did UKIP have any chance of getting 1 MP let alone 10.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Never underestimate the power of media, or how easy it is to get published if you can string together a coherent thought in writing. My city has 700,000 people, I sent a long e-mail in and got it published on the most popular regional news website. Generated a load of clicks and comments and discussion.

One small hit for man, one massive bong-rip for mankind... What I'm trying to say is every little step counts! :)

• Like 2

This is what the UK Smokey Bears got up to back in my 70's daze, we had free herb picky-nickies and loads of fun in Hyde Park each year. I used to take my kids along as it was usually a good vibe all round, can't ever remember seeing any of the peeps there who are supposed to want legalisation today, whatever you do it's got to be better than doing nothing and if you get a pick nikie together let me know and I'll get my wheelchair together and see you there-> http://ukrockfestivals.com/smokey-bears-picnic.html :oldtoker: Bom Shiva

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We should plant millions of seeds all round the country, every council flower bed, every park, every persons garden. Might be a laugh.

We got 6 months till the weather is good. We would need to plant autos. It would be so fucking funny if it happened. Millions and millions and millions

Maybe 9 months actually

• Like 4

Someone should set himself alight in front of No.10 like the monks did.

It would be even better if several people all did it at the same time, that'd get some attention for the cause.

Mass hunger strikes too.

• 5 months later...

What about a website/loose campaign focusing on the establishment of cannabis cafes in the UK?

Maybe it doesn't have enough mileage but I suppose you could approach it from several different angles and use it as a platform.

For example lots of pubs are closing down, maybe some of those pubs could be turned into coffee shops? A suggestion like that would raise a few eyebrows, I'm not sure whether it would be viewed positively but would get people talking.

The point being that there's a black economy of marijuana sales which local communities should benefit from.

You can also point out very strongly that pubs are a hub of local communities but there is little difference to a cannabis cafe in principle. Both are hives of social activity where drugs play a major role.

• Like 1