Coffee shop

Danwood20

The only new rule coming in before April is the 250m rule. Any coffeeshop that's too close to a school has to stay closed until 6pm during term time and next year sometime they'll have to close for good. There is a list of coffeeshops affected online somewhere. Unfortunately my 2 favourite coffeeshops are affected, Utopia and De Graal :(

Google Amsterdam coffeeshop directory for an interactive map with loads of reviews and info :)

e2a...

Nooooooo! De Kuil! Shit. Glad I'm going to be there for 4/20 this year. Haven't been for a few years now as it's tough to find the time to go with kids (ie having kids but going without them). I'll savour my time in De Kuil as it could well be the last time I go there. Such a shame, got years of fond memories of the place, especially back when it was an alcohol bar too. And when they had the pool table. Ah well. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favourites - The Rookies - looks to have escaped! They told us about the school ruling when we were there last November, but glad it looks to be staying open for when we go in October this year. :oldtoker:

• 1 month later...

This sucks. Amsterdam is going conservative again, but the weed has taken root too deep there, they'll never be able to rip it out. And they're not giving out permission for new coffeeshops, are they? I really liked Bagheera when I visited, which is right next to Basjoe's but has less customers and bustle(and lower prices), which is nice for people who want a relaxed atmosphere.