Coffee shop

Danwood20

I was there in january there was no crack down on british people got very stoned with no problem.The only bit was finding a bar that will let you smoke in and have a beer.There are plenty of them around but ask the bar staff if you can smoke before you light one and you will be ok.

The bar I mentioned previous is open till the early hours and has a smoke room with tv and pool table,buy a beer and sit in the room.

:yep:

• Like 1

Haha I'm a nightmare concentrating on shit when I'm stoned could be a recipe for disaster ;) can't wait to get out there! What about the cannabis cup when does that all go on?

• Like 1

Ill have to get some more info on that for another year then, and I ideally wanted to get there for the 12th so I'm already there on the 14th

@@Danwood20

You want to watch out for the cattle as well when your stoned.

They wander about everywhere and I've seen herds of them stampede and crush people underhoof.

The Dutch worship them and all the cars give way to them when they wander down the street.

Sometimes they have festivals and paint them gay colours and decorate them, which is a bit weird after a bong, and they never eat beef.

Hope this helps mate.

• Like 3

The only new rule coming in before April is the 250m rule. Any coffeeshop that's too close to a school has to stay closed until 6pm during term time and next year sometime they'll have to close for good. There is a list of coffeeshops affected online somewhere. Unfortunately my 2 favourite coffeeshops are affected, Utopia and De Graal :(

Google Amsterdam coffeeshop directory for an interactive map with loads of reviews and info :)

e2a...

Names and locations of the Shops to be Closed

Phase 1, July 1, 2014

• Ben, Kolksteeg
  • Betty Boop, Nieuwezijds Kolk
  • Gouden Boon, Da Costastraat
  • The Grasshopper, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal
  • Homegrown Fantasy, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal
  • De Kade, Stadionkade
  • Magic, Herengracht
  • Ocean, Dusartstraat
  • The Power, Wibautstraat
  • The Wauw Shop, Spaarndammerdijk

Phase 2, January 2015

• Abraxas, Spuistraat
  • Anyday, Korte Kolksteeg
  • Biba, Hazenstraat
  • The Energy Shop, Spuistraat

Phase 3, January 2016

• The Bulldog, Leidseplein See update (Located inside a former police station. See photo at the end of the article.)
  • El Guapo, Nieuwe Nieuwstraat
  • Get Down to It, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat See update
  • De Graal, Albert Cuypstraat
  • High Time, Jan van Galenstraat
  • De Kroon Twee, Oudebrugsteeg
  • De Kroon Drie, Rietwijkerstraat
  • De Kuil, Oudebrugsteeg
  • Little, Vijzelgracht
  • Lucifera, Frederik Hendrikstraat
  • Mediterranee,Spuistraat
  • Mellow Yellow, Vijzelgracht (Opened in 1967, this was the first licensed coffeeshop in Amsterdam)
  • Resin, Hekelveld
  • The Rookies Bar, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat See update
  • Space Mountain, Dusartstraat
  • Today, Dusartstraat
  • Utopia, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal
Edited by TheStoneDuk
  • Like 2

Got bk last night spend 500 euros in 2 and half days 5 euros a bottle of beer some nice food places hard rock served a nice meal pricy but very nice also had some lovely noodles

As for the laws people just dnt care I saw people smoking joints in the streets and outside pubs who dnt allow it

My understanding was it had to be smoked in the coffee shops

All the commercial shops seemed over proved when you could get deals of white widow,Snow White at like 3.2 grams at 25 e which was good some times the cheaper ones are the best

I liked grey area just to pop in and get stocked up for day la women , silver bubble and evergreen was all very nice dence buds

Also be prepared to walk I was on a stag do and believe me I can't even walk now

• Like 1

As for the laws people just dnt care I saw people smoking joints in the streets and outside pubs who dnt allow it

My understanding was it had to be smoked in the coffee shops

Yeah I noticed the same, especially the red light district and the Vondelpark. Local kids in the parks mainly.

I didn't like doing it. My missus was like "We're in Amsterdam noone cares" but I felt uncomfortable unless we were a good hundred yards from any other people which ain't easy in Amsterdam. We had one by the canal outside the hotel a couple of times and caught a couple of dirty looks from passers by. Felt like I was being disrespectful, and worse, it was a buzzkill.

@@Wes widow , I bet there weren't many Dutch people smoking outside pubs and in the street. It's largely the English who do this and it's a typical example of the tourists not giving a fuck rather than the locals. Shame.

Nice one Danwood you will have a great time in the Dam, im hoping to go 420 or kings day not been in a long time cant wait to get there :naughty:

ive been told that Anyday vape coffeshop has lots of vapes to use so not smoking outside ;) so thats my 1st stop

hire a pedal boat and blaze some fat one's on the cannal :lookaround:

• Like 1

There was a few locals doing it and even the first shop I went to I got a phone call my friends were wanting to meet me at dam square the bud tender heard the conversation and said smoke that joint on the way I said thought your not allowed and he said no one cares

But at the end of the day if it gets abused what's the point

But anyway despite the 500 euros I spent what a great time I had