Easy as pie drobe

lllsparkalll

After recently doing a drobe i just wanted to show you all who are thinking of doing it how easy it is! I'm no capenter/joiner but managed it with basic tools to get up and running within hours

First thing i did as get myself a solid pine wardrobe, i looked for something solid with lats in-front of the doors to help block light and with door clips to keep the pressure on when they are shut, both things can be added later if required though so its not a must.

I built it up and left the back off to cut holes for extraction, passive intake and power cables

IMG 2031

IMG 2032

I then gave it a lick of paint in a flat matt white and fitted the carbon filter and fan, think its important to do this first! I also cut cooker hood carbon sheets to size, doubled them up and put them over the passive intake holes. This stuff is great, got the idea off @@Joint hogger and it really is the dogs nuts. Lets F'all light in but plenty of air. I'm using a 150mm extraction here which is overkill for this size room but it gets hot in the summer and i like to be in control of my temps, also i run it on about 40% which keeps noise down.

IMG 2033

I then sealed the doors which made my drobe 100% lightproof, you literally cant see any light escape with my 250cfl in there when the room is in pitch black. I used some P-profile stuff thats designed to seal 3-5mm gaps. I used it between the doors, on the lats and on the doors external edge. You can get it off flea bay or local diy shops

IMG 2029

After fitting my CFL i did some trial runs to check temps and all was well, i put a heated propagator in there and set it on a timer to come on at lights off because temps were dropping to 19. Here it is with my ladies in it

IMG 2034

IMG 2028

Im using PM Soil Supreme with PM nutes and got some Barneys Farm DNA in at the mo which i planted straight into soil with 100% success rate

Any questions fire away, im no jorge cervantes but ill stick my 50p in if i think it'll help ya

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 13

Nice work @@lllsparkalll, nice to see someone using Barney's beans in a drobe, best of growing karma to you!!!

What are you planning for the grow, scrog?

Hope you don't mind if I take a seat!!!

ATB

TT :oldtoker:

Hey teetee, i have very little experience in the scrog method if im honest. I have another larger room which i move my plants to for flower. I usually do around 4 weeks veg and flower until ready for havest with a little training to bottom of the plant. Do you think id benefit from changing my growing method? Im interested :)

Get yourself perched pal, ha

Hi @@lllsparkalll, I'm a 1st timer, so no point getting advice from me!!! But it's always good to learn a new method. I like the idea of scrogging cos you get all tops. Rabthegrower is a good geezer to learn about scrog from if you're keen. He gave me the right advice to save my out of control grow.

As you have a separate flowering chamber... go with it... no need to scrog if you have the space! I thought you were gonna do the whole grow in the new drobe you just showed us.

You'll have to show us the rest of the set up then, eh! I brought some bud, got any skins?

TT

@ Been looking at your setup pal, makes mine looks like a shit hole lol very tidy and impressive! I'll be doing some research on the old scrog method then mate, and i'll let you know if i decide to go ahead with it, will be in touch with Rab if so too, thanks for that.

Yeah ill get some pics uploaded. Think i might diary this grow anyway as the input is priceless off all you guys.

Ha, always got the skins bro, can never find the f*ckin lighter

• Like 1

@@stonerwizard Thanks mate, How you finding the LEDs? Do you have good yields?

I can't compare to HPS cos I never used one, but some (not all) LEDs give comparable if not better yields to HPS, and cooler running too... something that you will find useful in a sealed drobe. I'm close to harvest and I think my potential yield is gonna be OK (that's it... I've fucked it now by saying that!)

Send me some positive budding karma dude.!

• Like 1

@@stonerwizard Thanks mate, How you finding the LEDs? Do you have good yields?

I will let you know in about a month as this is my first real grow after messing about with autos in dwc. So far so good.

Edited by stonerwizard
  • Like 2

I can't compare to HPS cos I never used one, but some (not all) LEDs give comparable if not better yields to HPS, and cooler running too... something that you will find useful in a sealed drobe. I'm close to harvest and I think my potential yield is gonna be OK (that's it... I've fucked it now by saying that!)

Send me some positive budding karma dude.!

I will let you know in about a month as this is my first real grow after messing about with autos in dwc. So far so good.

Well best of luck to the pair of ya, im sure it will be all sound as a pound :yep:

Heres a little update on my ladies, 12 days in and they seem to be all good!

Ive been watering every 2-3 days and they've been given (all PM) Root Stim and Grow, with Bio Silicon every other feed. Temps have been between 25.5 - 27.5 lights on and 20 - 22 lights off. RH between 40-60%

Theyve also had a well diluted Veg Boost feed

I noticed roots showing at the bottom so re-potted into 1.5ltr pots this morning before they hit lights off, apparently this helps them to recover from shock, they also had a sprinkle of granuals.

First time round with PM Soil supreme and PM nutes and i can honestly say im impressed so far, Its easy, forgiving and up to yet i think fast growing!!

IMG 2048

IMG 2049

IMG 2050

Peace out

• Like 2

Quick update: 16 Days from seed

My last pot up was from 0.75l to 1.5l but in the 4 days its been im seeing root already! They've shot up quite a bit too.

Next pot up is 6l before i put them in 11l for flower which im gonna do tonight i think

IMG 2057

IMG 2058

IMG 2059

Please let me know what you think.... cheers
  • Like 1