new clones

Ive never had so much success cloning since I started leaving them the fuck alone. Even lifting the prop lid for a wee look is not good. Misting with fomulex etc is pointless at best. I used to fiddle and fuss and got piss poor survival rates

Take yer cuts,put them in yer prop/poly bag and leave them the fuck alone. Simples

Salty

:pugwash:

• Like 3

Hi all,now that I hopefully know my F's from my C's,lol,cheers Owd' n' Se7en. I just wanted to add something about the cuttings i took yesterday. Some of the 'Green Love Potion' ones,as i said,were of a harder tissue n' can therefore be harder to root.

Here's a quick tip to help deal with that.

Usually when a cut' is taken it only has two surfaces,the side n' base. You can scarify the side n' take the cut' at an angle to increase the surface area. To increase the chances of them taking you can give them more surfaces for the roots to form on. To do this make a small slit at the base of the cut' upwards into the stem aprox 3ml. This then gives you six surfaces,(2 bases/4 sides). To increase the chances even further another cut can be made,forming a cross. There are now sixteen surfaces,(4 bases/12 sides)thereby increasing your surface areas,firstly threefold then eight-fold from the initial cut'.

All this should only be done with a CLEAN SHARP blade n' is only really called for when taking harder tissue cut's. Having said that,i now routinely make the one slit in mine anyway regardless of the tissue state.

One thing though,when they're done, for f'ck sake don't put them in a prop' set at 75c.lol.

atb :)

well that fked that lot up... went away for a few days working to find nearly all my clones are dying... poor babies... never mind. onwards and upwards eh... looks like I might have a change from exodus sooner than I thought lol

I took 3 clones 6 days ago. Dipped in 4 year out of date clonex. Then into root riots. Into prop with a sheet of a4 paper over top n side of prop. Leave them alone. 6 days later I got roots poking out. Quickest rooting I've had. I was confident as I had 3 strains and only took one clone of each. Temp was quite high too. Hitting 30 a few times. They wilted after 1st day so I help prop them up with the plastic label stake thing and they are looking great. Good cloning to all