new clones

Clones will root in the right environment fairly quick. Anywhere from a week to three. Depends on the strain.

The Bubble Gum Strain I just cloned rooted in a week. :)

If you use a propagation try you should not need to mist ever. To much moisture will cause issues.

I'm not sure how you root out your clones. I use rock wool cubes.

What's the point in trying to feed them. Let them root first. As said already, if you keep humidity high there's no need to even touch them till they are rooted

Owd

• Like 3

a mild 1/5 solution wont do them any harm at all,

after a few days they'll start to root anyways,

i don't see the harm in a mild solution

But if they don't need it why do it at all

Owd

• Like 3

keeping them warm and cosy and with high humidity is better for rooting out than feeding them anything but if you, like me, cant stop fiddling and must feed them, soak your medium before hand in a weak formulex sol and maybe a dash of Rhizo and leave em till they root. When I say weak I mean weak...just in case.

But if they don't need it why do it at all

Owd

i do it all the time, they seem to enjoy a 1/5th strength foliar feed every single morning for 3-5 days ''or untill rooted''

or aren't we allowed to have our own opinion are do our own thing anymore??

Of course you can have an opinion but the OP asked if it made them root quicker and grow faster. It doesn't so why do it.

One of the main problems with some growers is that they complicate things and by far the best way is to keep it simple and I've always advocated that so surely if they don't need it why give it. I hear "it does no harm to do it" but folk don't know why they do it or what benefit they are getting so what is the point and that's my point

You can cause more problems trying to do too much is what I,m saying when there's just no need

Owd

• Like 7

i see your point my friend, but they can still absorb threw there leaves,

since i started using bio-wetter + water

my clones tend to be rooted by 3-5 days ''heat mat also helps''

i dont feel adding a weak solution hurts in anyway ''imho''

just seems products are there to help boost our success rates + yield and so on,

------

Plant Magic Bio-Wetter

Bio-Wetter is an organic wetting agent extracted from the Yukka plant. This wetter contains natural bio stimulants and water tension breaking saponins.
Bio-Wetter is also an excellent anti-stress agent - helping your plants to recover from things such as transplanting, extreme temperatures, toxic shock and transportation damage. to name just a few benefits

as stated above - my opinion :)

just seems products are there to help boost our success rates + yield and so on,

------

Seems is the big word there mate. 90% of products out there are not to help you at all but to get you to spend on products you don't need and some company's are really good at it.

Owd

• Like 1

in that case you've godda include seeds and every single thing we purchase

its there to help us in my eyes - cant fault anyone for making money in such a market

again opinions always very - doesn't make me right or wrong

it's my opinion products are there to help :)

Misting plants isn't good let alone doing it to your clones. Misting is only for growing plant that need a boost and can take a foliar feed.

Hope this helps.

:)

products are like fishing lures. They're there to take the customer and not so much the fish. lol

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1