Just a thought..

silkpy

Do you think it will be legalized in the UK in the near future, say less than 10 years time??

I have a rather large bet on the outcome of that question being "yes", 8 years to go as of New years eve.

And I am comforted by the progress that is being made, but there is still a mountain to climb :oldtoker:

Hmm, I want it legalised, I also want to be able to grow the odd few. But I don't want cannabis to be glorified by media and pharmaceutical companies.

• Like 2

I have a rather large bet on the outcome of that question being "yes", 8 years to go as of New years eve.

And I am comforted by the progress that is being made, but there is still a mountain to climb :oldtoker:

The bookies must love you :rofl:

Big Business may try and get their claws into the pie but they can't fight Mother Nature and millions of people who appreciate the genetics - so fuck them! They can try all they like but the cat's out of the bag now (IMO). As long as people remain aware and get their information from places like this then there's no way BB can win.

To go back to the alcohol comparison - people can brew their own now but most people can't be bothered and would rather pay for the mass produced stuff (for right or wrong). I can see exactly the same balance being made with cannabis.

• Like 4

Big Business may try and get their claws into the pie but they can't fight Mother Nature and millions of people who appreciate the genetics - so fuck them! They can try all they like but the cat's out of the bag now (IMO). As long as people remain aware and get their information from places like this then there's no way BB can win.

To go back to the alcohol comparison - people can brew their own now but most people can't be bothered and would rather pay for the mass produced stuff (for right or wrong). I can see exactly the same balance being made with cannabis.

Agreed, Tesco is an Alcoholics playground selling quality brands of alcohol for pittance. Still on a par with booz a lot of people still nip across the water for cheap alcohol, tobacco and cigarettes and I'm wondering if the dutch would jump on the band wagon selling cheap weed to us if it was legalised over here. Opens up another can of worms.

Now that I'm on a suspended and no longer have any plants I've given up on what form it should take. I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING PLANTS without going to jail :crybaby:

• Like 5

The Government hit you hard for tax evasion, sentence wise in some cases you'd be better off committing murder. It's ok for them to rob you but god help you if you rob them.

Edited by English Oak

Decriminalisation of possession, end of problem, not much more to be said. :oldtoker:

It's not really, still needs to be grown and sold, they have tried this in some states in the usa and it doesn't solve anything, would still mean we need to buy illegally and from a black market, still means no quality regulation and no medicinal advances,

If it were ever legalised, you can bet your bottom dollar, that *if* the government thought they were losing money to homegrowers, then you'd see homegrowing outlawed in the same way as home distilling is outlawed (not that I care - home distilling for years me ;) ). The basis would shift from being "because it's dangerous" to "because it costs us money".

Currently to distill, you need a license. From HMRC (not the Home Office). That comes with an expectation that you will pay the duty on the alcohol you distill*. The offence of home distilling is not having a license (and therefore not paying the tax). I would imagine it would be very similar for cannabis. You'll need a license, and have to pay the duty.

Incidentally anyone who grows their own tobacco is also required to pay duty, although HMRC have said they don't actively go round looking for home growers.

If you think the current situation is bad, you really do not want a landscape where HMRC are chasing you, rather than the police.

Now it might be that a future legalising government would be sensible and set the duty on cannabis at a low level, and people would happily pay it. However, given their track records with tobacco and alcohol, I really wouldn't expect it.

*Scottish distilleries now pay their duty as a function of the amount of grain they buy. HMRC work out how much alcohol they could have distilled from so many tonnes, and charge that. In olden days every still was tapped through a glass case which had 2 keys - one for the head stiller, and one for the revenue. There was a meter in the case.

• Like 1