Wappa.. auto and photoperiod question.

MaxTrichomes

I have grown both auto and photo with great results and I am relatively inexperienced with only 2 small grows under my belt.

I have always wondered why Photo variety lists Indica and the auto variety lists 50% indica and 50% sativa ?

Is it true there is more Sativa in the autoflowering version of this very nice strain and why is this so ?

Photoperiod:

https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/wappa.html

Auto:

https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/autowappa.html

thanks

Guest wurzel1970

i guess its got something to do with the ' auto ' genes , ruderalis..

gotta say the auto wappa is a wonderful smoke..

slightly sharp citrus taste..

smells like grapefruit..

beautiful

:upside:

Just run photo wappa for a disabled friend, very homogenous, trich covered potent indica, very impressed. So impressed iv got delahaze and nebula for the next run hatched.

The high reminds me of good quality black hash from 90' without the tolerance build up.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew photo Wappa just over 4 years ago, never got to finish it cos the cops came through my door & took them off me about 10 days before they were ready. 4 of them were the indica dom that iv seen in every other grow diary & picture since but one of them was totally different, a sat dom that stretched to nearly double the size as the others. Just curious to whether anyone else has grew or smoked that pheno?

• Like 1

Just run photo wappa for a disabled friend, very homogenous, trich covered potent indica, very impressed. So impressed iv got delahaze and nebula for the next run hatched.

The high reminds me of good quality black hash from 90' without the tolerance build up.

Just cracking five myself as I am disabled and heard good things about this strain medicinally speaking. How did you friend find the effects?

A good all-rounder, pain relief(muscle pain), insomnia relief and increased appetite. Also a warm fuzzy-cuddly stone that will put a smile on your face, good luck with the show buddy.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I can concur as an "eater" of Wappa.... quite a heavy body numbing effect at higher doses (not sure if the body stone will be as powerful when smoked?)... quite uplifting as well.. but can make you a bit confused for periods at higher doses. I used to lose 10 seconds of time every now and then...literally gone in the head for a little period. But thats my fault for dosing innaccurate when eating it.I saw the room perspective change shape on my highest recalled dose with the main cola.... almost like a little acid trip come up effect, the room looked oddly long and narrow, time for a lay down when you get to that point !. I think it is a great strain and have no qualms about running it again, it has been very good to me.

Balanced buzz... an early harvest will keep you energetic and leaving it longer will be heavier on the head I suspect. I harvested quite early and it was quite uppy. It has a good poke to it and the effects lasted a long time.

These comments relate to the photo version. Enjoy :oldtoker:

• Like 2

Very informative post, thank you. My little ones are coming on well and on the strength of your testimonial I am really looking forward to sampling them in good time.

• Like 1

I have grown both auto and photo with great results and I am relatively inexperienced with only 2 small grows under my belt.

I have always wondered why Photo variety lists Indica and the auto variety lists 50% indica and 50% sativa ?

Is it true there is more Sativa in the autoflowering version of this very nice strain and why is this so ?

Photoperiod:

https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/wappa.html

Auto:

https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/autowappa.html

thanks

Max,

There's a mistake on our Website info and Catalog, the Wappa as well as the Auto Wappa are Indica dominant varieties 60/40

We are due to release a new catalog where this info will be corrected.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the clarification, well it is a great strain for beginner and advanced growers alike. The smells from the Wappa (and auto version) are so incredibly fruity as well. It is tempting to go round the houses and try this and that but if you have a short intense grow time (I grow outdoors) you have no chances to mess things up and with Wappa variants you know what you are in for. Good, reliable well yielding strain. I mean it was my first ever grow with Wappa photo, no lights and I grew herb that was intensely fruity and extremely potent. You just cannot ask for more really.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not going anywhere else than Wappa, just no need to, it's reliable in my experience and a beautiful and easy plant.

I just wondered from where the original Indica side originated... especially the world region.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've just grew Wappa, just the one and also with Autoo Whitbery. The Whiteberry had a smell even before going into a jar, where as the Wappa had no smell, but wow, it's so fruity, in a unusual fruit that I can't place, I can't help sticking my nose in that Wappa jar, it's getting deeper all the time, it's so nice that I really want a proper cure, I've grown the Whiteberry before, but I've got ugorg#1 and the Wappa has went from no smell to a lovely fruity smell, I think it's mango,papaya, pineapple, my cousin says mango and he's got a better paler than me, in fact to me it smells like aging red wine, I remember, buying a bag of stuff that had a very similar smell, I couldn't stop poking my nose into that bag only the Wappa is the same but stronger, I've grown quite a few strains with multi-strains grows, up there with Burmese kush which had a devine smell to that which I grew at the same time, I've spent too much money on seeds to try as many strains as I can, the only reason I don't clone, but when I do eventually clone, I'll be looking for a Pheno of the Wappa like that,if it was a bit more potent, it would be a great all rounder, I'm running 2Delahaze, 1Atomical haze, 3Sensi star and 1 BBelladonna. I'd grow her again only show her more love next time.

• Like 2