Autos dont need dark period ?

Guest kemistry23

Guest kemistry23

cheers all I'm doing 18/6 just wanted to make sure no dark cycle required so light getting in won't be a problem ? as I have filter inside closet / cupboard with ducting attached running along floor to fan which is otherside of black n white screening with dirty air blowing out , just wondering where clean air comes from . suppose if door is left open that would suffice ? also have pc fan on 2 plants .

• Like 1

@

Providing yr growspace is sealed and you have passive vent holes air will automatically be drawn in, if that isn't enough then a smaller intake fan can be fitted,

You have to create negative pressure inside to control temps and smell etc

atb

stu

Do you mean light leak when lights are off?

Auto's are the same as photo's when in dark period mate, it needs to be total darkness when lights out , Auto's can still hermie when stressed.

• Like 2

Do you mean light leak when lights are off?

Auto's are the same as photo's when in dark period mate, it needs to be total darkness when lights out , Auto's can still hermie when stressed.

Spot on, you can't have any light getting in during lights off, that's a big no no. Autos if you are giving a dark period will need just that.

that may be right but I must say I've never worried and I open the door on autos in the 6 hour dark period and nowt happens, maybe I'm just lucky :)

I'm with you ish, done two crops of autos, tended them lights out and lights on, no probs

atb

stu :oldtoker:

• Like 1

they're not photos so I've been assuming light is just a source of goodness for them and doesn't switch owt on and off. Hoping some expert will come along and enlighten us.

• Like 1

they're not photos so I've been assuming light is just a source of goodness for them and doesn't switch owt on and off. Hoping some expert will come along and enlighten us.

No pun intended ?? :rofl:

I can't see how the light cycle could affect them as peeps have them 24/7 - 20/4 - 18/6 and anything in between, they still perform ok

:oldtoker: