Senator Challenges Theory of Gravity

sam-i-am

Guest bazzad9

Correct Booojum, he gave us the theory of gravity, or as ratdog said, he gave it a name.

That still does not prove that gravity actually exists, as a force, either before or after.

I did not say I know more than Einstein, but I believe differently than Einstein. I don't need his space-time...

but also, the space-time stuff of Einstein contradicts Newtons gravity, Einstein called it curvature of space-time, not a force at a distance.... which he didn't like.

so please feel free to use either Newton or Einstein to prove to me that gravity, big G, exists.

edited typo

go to your window with a pen and let go ......i bet it went down towards the surface of the earth ....correct

gravity exists ,as in the attraction between to masses ,there is no doubt what so ever about this

the mechanisms of gravity you can perhgaps deny but the existance of gravity is pretty easy to prove

just drop something

Guest Rex Mundi

the mechanisms of gravity you can perhgaps deny but the existance of gravity is pretty easy to prove

just drop something

Do you really think my own beliefs can't handle a simple concept like that? or perhaps you think I never even thought of that??

I don't need gravity to explain that to my own satisfaction, and therefore to me that still does not prove gravity.

You may have no doubts, I do have them, So far the arguments are... things stick to the surface instead of flying off, and things fall, and things stick together in space.

As my own beliefs can explain all those three without the force of gravity, they do not prove gravity to me.

Anything else?

Guest bazzad9

Do you really think my own beliefs can't handle a simple concept like that? or perhaps you think I never even thought of that??

I don't need gravity to explain that to my own satisfaction, and therefore to me that still does not prove gravity.

You may have no doubts, I do have them, So far the arguments are... things stick to the surface instead of flying off, and things fall, and things stick together in space.

As my own beliefs can explain all those three without the force of gravity, they do not prove gravity to me.

Anything else?

so as i said you have your own theory of gravity

hope its better than the pi =4

Anything else?

Why do things drop ?

You've stated that you have your beliefs, but you haven't actually explained them.

Why do things drop ?

Simple enough question.

• Like 1

Anything else?

You do understand how Science, or indeed, Philosophy, works right? You have to state your ideas.... I myself am full of doubts, not about gravity I must say, but doubts about conventions none the less. However, without stating alternative theories convention is all we have ;)

• Like 1

The word theory is key here, and it usage.

In scientific use its definition of a theory is something based on careful examination of facts. Oh another key word... Facts

Not to be confused with the standard definition of theory, derived from 'theoretical',

This senator twat needs to understand the difference and look at the facts, he probably promotes intelligent design too and Scientology

Bell end

This is American political satire; the Senator actually tends to keep his knuckles slightly off the floor - if anyone wishes to read something he's actually said (on a different subject)...

americanrhetoric.com/speeches/jamesinhofesenatespeechonglobalwarming.htm

Edited by RilverSizlas

Guest Rex Mundi

Why do things drop ?

You've stated that you have your beliefs, but you haven't actually explained them.

Why do things drop ?

Simple enough question.

and I've also said I'm not going to explain, I don't have to, I'm not promoting my beliefs any more, I'm keeping them to myself.

This thread is about Big G of religion versus big G of science.

Anyway, the origin is a spoof, apparently, so I'm no longer interested. :)

Guest Rex Mundi

You do understand how Science, or indeed, Philosophy, works right? You have to state your ideas.... I myself am full of doubts, not about gravity I must say, but doubts about conventions none the less. However, without stating alternative theories convention is all we have ;)

I don't see why I have to, I'm not promoting my own beliefs, I'm not even bothered about discussing it any more, and ... is there a rule here saying I must justify my beliefs?

As for this thread subject, cannot take it serious any more, it is satire...

I don't see why I have to, I'm not promoting my own beliefs, I'm not even bothered about discussing it any more.

yet you keep mentioning them, like you want people to keep asking about them, how's about you just don't post about them and then no one will care :)

• Like 5

That's weak man. You've spent the whole thread saying how

and I've also said I'm not going to explain, I don't have to, I'm not promoting my beliefs any more, I'm keeping them to myself.

That's weak man. You made claims but aren't prepared to explain them. You're keeping them to yourself. Then don't make claims unless you are prepared to back them up.

• Like 2

Yep, I saw it, you're keeping your opinions to yourself. Fair do's, that's you prerogative but don't say things unless you're willing to back them up.

Sorry, I'm being a drunk cunt (again). You don't have to say owt if you don't want to (not that I have the right to say what you can or can't say). Just seems strange to me to spend so many posts saying that you have a theory without actually saying what the theory is, that's all.