Grow room build diary

Guy_Incognito

My RVK fan has turned up today, just plugged it in to test and the difference between my old fan and this one is comparable to the difference between a fart and hurricane.

I got a Ona block too. Do you guys just put them in same area as the grow room or near the exhaust. I have a CF but wanted this just in case.

Hey bod im loving the stealth :) hope she can keep her little mits to her self all the grow.i hope the earea is big its deceiving how big they get but looks great to me happy growing :)

• Like 1

thanks Leeroy88, it not that big, 600 deep 800 high and 1200 wide.

I'm growing sweet seeds fastbud#2 in there and Im prepared that I'll have to heavily LST the girls along with using a scrog.

My grow diary is here if you want see my progress so far.

Cheers!

:disguise:

Well I got home from work at about 5.50pm and only managed to sort out my speed controller, I had to give up as the missus is due back any second....

I've added a plug and socket to it so I can easily swap over fans should I suffer any failures.

speed controller

I used a double socket so it will control a intake fan at the same time( should I ever get around to fitting one), its a 11 x 7 inch passive at the mo. If this doesn't help bring the temps down to the mid 20's then I guess Ill have no choice but to re fit the old fan as a intake :(

I've tweaked the controller so that on its minimum setting it still running at about 50% which should be enough air flow to stop it windings burning out.

My to do list:

• Mount controller, sort out all other electrical feed and plugs
  • Fit new RVK fan (this will involve shifting my plant upa to the right a bit to make room for the larger fan and carbon filter.
  • Sort out a homemade silencer for the exhaust.
  • A wee bit of plant bondage :ninja:
  • Fit the scrog

Cant wait to actually be able to reap some of the rewards from this, still this should all benefit my grow

Keep fixing it until its broke y'all!

Cheers

• Like 1

Guest Kipper420

Set your cabs lights on hours during the evenings, this has two positives in your situation: One, it'll help keep your temps down as the air in and around the cab will be a lot cooler (especially in these coming winter months), second, your lass will be fast on in featherlane should the fans need to kick in to over drive, what this also means is that when your lights are off during the day, they won't be running as hard as the air will still be cool, but warm enough that your fans don't have to go crackers - and your lass will be at work.

Hope this helps mate.

Edited by Kipper420
  • Like 2

This is the end of the build

I've sorted out the electrics and fitted the new fan.

The new fan is a magnitude better than my old one, is a lot quieter too even though its pushing about 50 to 60% more air out. I had to shift everything over a bit to accommodate the new fan, it took me a little while longer than I thought to sort it all but I'm pleased with the results and just hope the girls like it too!

Pic of the layout in the grow box with new fan fitted

New Fan fitted

My new electrical board & fan controller

elec board

I think I've got this dialed in to where I want it now, a couple days monitoring temps and I'll know for sure. Other than shortening a few wire I think I'm done.
As for kit to buy I don't think there's anything else I need. I like a automatic fire extinguisher for piece of mind but that's it.
Happy happy happy....I know its small potatoes to some the other grow rooms and on here but its the only space I had to work with, stealth is far more important to me than yield and I hope I'll be able to get a couple micro grows a year out of this for a long time to come and keep myself supplied with some home grown smoke.
Thanks 420, not just those that have posted in my thread but that have posted in all the help topics and wrote guides etc. Its been a vast resource of info and being able to pick you borg-like collective mind has really helped me get up and running.
Cheers!
  • Like 2

Well the grow box just survived the acid test. Wife went into the man cave looking for some tiles and wallpapering kit. She came out with all the stuff she needed and I've not been given a kick in the nuts followed by a water boarding & interrogation.

I'd say that was a pass for stealth. :D

looks good , very tidy, but i'd be worried if she didn't find what she wanted and thought "i wonder if it's in those drawers?" :fear:

and saying anything like "don't go in those drawers" will only draw attention :g:

i'd go for a blank front but it's tricky now 'cause she might ask 'what's happened to them drawers?'

as for keeping it shut, can you drill through the left hand vertical side ,you might need to add a length of wood on the inside of the door where it meets up. i'd go for 2 holes , one 1/3 of the way up & 1/3 of the way down.

Then use a couple of 8 or 10 mm bolts to hold it shut just shoved into the holes

• Like 1

its locked and cant be opened without a key. I told her the drawers are locked too (like a filing cabinet type thing dear... as it where I keep my electronics and stuff.) You can see the lock on the pic of my elec board.

This isnt unbelievable as Im always hacking stuff all the time, quadcopters, pc equipment, robots any thing that I can void a warrenty on really. She refers to the basement as my man lab!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks MM, its certainly good enough for what I need to grow.

With any luck I should be harvesting my first crop this weekend :oldtoker: