My Growroom Pics, Feedback Wanted!!!

Guest topdoggnumberone

Guest topdoggnumberone

post-6829-1101348908.jpg This is a basic photo of my growroom with both of the double doors open. :smug:

This is my 600 watt mercury blend grow light, not as expensive to run as i expected ;) , the whole electric bill is about £6 per week thats for everything in the house, so on the whole, very happy!

post-6829-1101349089.jpg

My timer, did have this on the light originally having light on for 18 hours a day, now i realsied i have put plant in to nft system early :guitar: i have the timer on the pump, have it on for 15 mins every 4 hours, and i keep light on 24/7 :guitar: .

post-6829-1101349282.jpg

Ok, next one, when i put pump into tank, i was in a bit of hurry as i had friends coming over, very hush hush! i could not adjust the flow of my pump, misplaced instructions for it!!! Which by the way, i found whilst taking these snaps earlier, so my solution to fix this fast pump was, to take a piece of hose pipe, cut holes all along the bottom and slide on to the end of pump, works like a charm B) , all flows out at perfect pace!

post-6829-1101349507.jpg

And last one for now, my baby itself, its white rhino from nivana, and if youre wondering why i only have one plant and you like a good tale :blub: , then check out my introduction! Its an entertaing read!! as some other members will tell you. So Here it is, ive named my plant "Titanic".

post-6829-1101349621.jpg

Good Job. I do not know much about mercury vapor lights. Usually the choices stem between Metal halide, High pressure sodium, and flourescents, but if it works...make the best of it.

I see that you are growing one plant. Thin of it getting all of that light...leads to big pay off in the future...no crowding.

Guest topdoggnumberone

Thanks mate, all feedback appreciated, as i said, as a beginner i really do appreciate knowing what others think of my efforts, as none of my friends know about this, better to be safe then sorry, infact my mum knows about this, and she's a religious women! she says as long as her church doesnt find out its cool, she has a great sence of humor, she laughed at my plant the other day cos she expected it to be alot bigger! mind you, if you can trust anyone, your own mother has to be top of the list!! know what i mean!

Am working on getting a fan at the moment because of the advice of peeps here, cant find one new for less than £60 though, might have to invest in a used one! or might just see how this one plant pans out with out a fan. will keep you all updated with progress, please keep the feedback coming guys.

Cheers!

yo topdog :guitar:

My growroom is similar set up with the black/white lining everything - nice and easy for cleaning eh :smug:

You need to get that rockwool covered up mate .. if you have some black/white left try and cover the whole tank with a sheet, obviously make a cut so it can go over your plant (like an x cut) I had my plants and tank covered with just one layer but the light still got in .. so under advice from a forum member i doubled up the black./white and now its A1 :guitar:

Another bit of equipment i would suggest you deffo get hold of is a thermometer/hydrometer.. you deffo need to keep an eye on temps & humidity with hydro .. mine cost about £16.00

and you deffo need that fan and a filter! .. A fan is gonna keep temps down .. give your plant/s plenty of needed air and also dispurse any smells.. when you plant grows up its gonna stink! I think there are plans on how to build your own filter on the forum if you have a shufty about :blub:

i highly doubt you can get away wit a 600w light and no fan m8

i'm sorry that they are expensive, but they are a necessity.

and look onn the bright side, we've all had to pay that price minimum, for our extracvtion setups to be able to grow weed.

so you're not alone.

i highly doubt you can get away wit a 600w light and no fan m8

i'm sorry that they are expensive, but they are a necessity.

and look onn the bright side, we've all had to pay that price minimum, for our extracvtion setups to be able to grow weed.

so you're not alone.

267959[/snapback]

Fan and carbon filter mate the filter to keep hide the odors and stay safe.

categorically.........GET A PROPER FAN NOW!............you will very likely catch fire if you don't! - the plants won't grow without it either, as they need the supply of co2 laden air! :beer:

no ands, ifs or buts - get that fan, or switch off now, before you catch fire! :stoned:

Hey Topdognumberone,

Good to see another grower on board. Not sure if you already have the fan etc mentioned in earlier post. If not you might want to wait untill your fully prepared to get up and running. I think good preperation is the key to success and you don't want to waste time and money just to face failure or bust after a few weeks.

Will also need a contactor if your not going to switch the light on and off during 12/12.

Looks like you got a good start though. :bush:

Good luck

Guest topdoggnumberone

Right, Point taken guys, I dont know why im thinking this, but ive got a funny feeling i need to get myself a fan, we'll just call it a hunch of mine. listen guys, if i get a fan without a filter to get rid of those bad odurs will this do?? for nor atleast?? is it easy to attach a filter at a later stage??? to be honest, the plant aint gonna be stinking for a while yet? let me know pls guys, thanks to all :ninja:

Guest topdoggnumberone

As for the time coming when the 12/12 stage comes, if i get that far!!! that will be fine because i can eaither get another timer, as they are just pennies to buy, but hopefully the pump on nft tank will be on 24/7 then so timer will be free for lighting. Thanks all!!! :bush:

you can't realistically get away with just a timer on a HID light.

it will burn the timer out very quickly by all accounts.

look in the lighting section for threads about contacters

and yes you can use the fan without a carbon filter, they start to smeel by about 3 weeks old, they will smell like plants at first but then the smell will become something other entirely

High mate,

You'll be fine with just the fan for now. You want a 6" high poweredd duct fan. You can get one in the site store for a good price.

You really do need the fan mate!! :smug:

...and a contactor!! dunno wether J has any of these in the store, but I think their about £25-£30. Thats unless your gonna flick the lights on and off everyday by hand. lol

Good Luck, and did anyone say "Get that fan?" :ninja:

VRG

Guest lazlo woodbine

I have used a digital timer (£10 for 2 from Argos)...for over 2 years with a 400 hps - cannatronics... never used contacts and (touch wood) - haven't had a problem

Laz

...however safety 1st.... better safe than sorry.... :unsure:

Laz

Edited by lazlo woodbine