UK weed cafes?

scousebud18

There was also another place the "THC The Holistic Centre" in London also not sure if still going know he got done a couple of times...you needed a doctor or health professionals to refer I think...quite a few people used it who I know...

Ridiculous that the guy ended up doing time

I bet he didn't have my foresight of preparing with the shaving stick and white Windsor

Joking aside I've had some involvement with non licenced beer cafe's with craft beers, furnishings within and around the bar for sale along with pieces from local artists adorning the walls

We commissioned some distinctive beer mats and charged for them on a basis they came with a free drink

It's not problem free but could it be a template for pop up shops/canna cafe's ?

Love

Arthur

Edited by arthur lee

Actually he was well prepared think they got away with it for a year or so and a few grass roots groups benefitted from the profits..all the weed was organic also..

Still a shame he lost his liberty and I'd have more interest in politics if this type of candidate was available

It's also nice to read that it wasn't all about £$€ and worthy causes benefited

Love

Arthur

• Like 1

Used to go to one in east london. couple of pool tables, no booze, sold tea and hash from the bar. Was a nice place. When they moved they threw a massive free party too.

There was also a shebeen over east London which was a rehearsal room come bar..Was a rasta place proper locked down..Had a unit opposite their place was always hard to park round that area lol...

To my knowledge this place still runs police leave it well alone...

Just my take on this: If you know of an open cafe, don't tell us. In fact, keep your gob tightly shut!

I shouldn't need to say that, but it seems I have to.

Phux~ache peeps, let's at least try and be careful out there!

• Like 9

Two I mentioned don't exist now,as for the rasta one its for rastas. sort of replaced rasta international which used to be brixton based..These places mentioned have also helped with protests over the years like the jay day events in London..

I can see that discretion is key in these matters and why I've not asked if it's got a street view on Google craps.. And the date of births of the proprietors

My interest is if it can work or the best way to attempt longevity..?

Love

Arthur

There's always been pubs that the police knew what was going on, it only ever got raided if there was a big fight or neighbours complaining. We had our own little wine bar, done what we wanted in there. It can be done but respect for the police and surrounding neighbours is paramount. You can only really have it among friends, getting too popular would be another reason to raid it.

• Like 4

@@crunchy frog We had a similar thing. A mate bought the lease of the local pub which was in the middle of an estate and that became Little Amsterdam. Basically it was our party venue where beer and drugs flowed freely day and night. Good days!