Cheese and blues the difference?

endless search

Well i was a bit off with big Buddha been a while since i read it but this is off their site:

Big Buddha's Blue Cheese was created, first by selecting a Blueberry male from the entire collections of several different breeder versions of Blueberry.

The selected male was then crossed with our proud mother, and the backbone of many of our breeding projects - the original UK Cheese.

From these crosses, a male with extremely fruity characteristics was chosen as the father of our Blue Cheese!

So their blue cheese is just exo and blueberry, and kalimans seeds are legit. I've smoked exo cheese and kalimans cheese number one and the Kali was better, maybe because it was organic tho.

• Like 1

All I know is when people say the blues smells more than cheese there bang on I love the blues it's deeper than cheese more taste better high etc

All I know is when people say the blues smells more than cheese there bang on I love the blues it's deeper than cheese more taste better high etc

Not in my house mate, my cheese stinks where as the blue is more muted

There are simularities between the clone only Blues and Original Cheese in that they share certain terpenes and possible origins but they are also very different to one another !

There growth patterns are different and so is the end product both in high taste and aroma , the Cheese i find more penetraiting with that skunk scent and fruit tinges but its quite a heavy high some users calling it "mongy" ! the Blues on the other hand gives off a far sweeter scent than the Cheese the old skunk terpenes are clearly present tho which is why i would say new smokers of the Blues cut say it smells Cheesey , the taste of the smoke is smoother with that sweetness you initially smell , it tastes just as it smells and i love canna like that ! the high is far more functional than the Cheese you can pretty much go about your day smoking some great weed but we all know toke the Cheese and the days pretty much a wash out lol

Get some clones mate and grow them out next to the Cheese then you can decide for yourself :yep:

Hope ya well buddy

FG :v:

Couldn't have put it better if I tried ~ top post, FG! :notworthy:

One thing to add ~ I find that the UK Clone only Exodus Cheese has a tolerance issue for some folks. I am not alone in saying that I can only smoke Cheese for about three days to one week, then I get so tolerant I need to smoke silly amounts just to get off the ground. I have, however, been smoking this one Blues cut (the original UK clone) for oh, a decade or so ~ almost daily, really. It is certainly 75% of what I smoke over all. But tolerance? :woot:lol Nah, its still the Bizz, and rocks my box every time. I can only really toke a half spliff before being kerzonkerated and High.

Another word about the original UK Blues (IMHO a Skunk clone that has nothing to do with Blueberry, a confusion that is made nearly every time one mentions the UK Blues) is that it is NOT ~ and I have never said otherwise ~ the strongest or the most potent. Boils my piss when folks slag it off saying "Its ain't so strong as Layne says". But Layne NEVER said! Layne says that it is NOT the "Strongest" or the "Most Potent cannabis ever bred" (Claims which, for me, belong in the realm of the childish, the youthful insistence on being stoned to the bone and rendered comatose by a single puff from a bong). For me, whilst it certainly is high hitting and extremely "strong", that is not its main "selling point". For that ~ use your nose. Its the smell/taste, peeps, and the style of the high, rather than its force. In these areas it is quite unique.

Most folks today want "Dank", "Couch-lock" Hits, hits that "stone" you and leave you on your arse or back. But if you stand apart from that crowd, and want a "high", rather than a stone, a buzz that is exhilarating and stimulates the imagination ~ and for which words like "ripped" and "Out of one's tree" are more appropriate ~ then seek out the Blues! Artists, musicians, authors all alike will find their imagination stimulated and their output given a new energy. I think two words describe the High from original Blues rather well: "Sweet" and "exhilarating". It is Rocket Fuel, not for its intensity, but for its up~lift and the "Elevator" kind of High it imparts.

So I think I should roll one, and see which way the wind blows.

• Like 2

Is there alot of difference between the blues cut and blues in seed form from ugorg Arnold?

I can get a blues cut from shef way supposed to be the clone only or got offered a strain called blue meanie from that way as well which I'm being told is an amazing cut.

Cheers kstar.

Was there not a head to head with the two,or am i off on another tangent,Arnie?

Be lucky........................B

Is there alot of difference between the blues cut and blues in seed form from ugorg Arnold?

I can get a blues cut from shef way supposed to be the clone only or got offered a strain called blue meanie from that way as well which I'm being told is an amazing cut.

Cheers kstar.

Blue meanie thread - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=280054

Does anyone know where 'Blues' originated from?

I say this because about three years ago I did a breeding program using Sannies Herijuana Male and a Cheese cut (original HGF not the shite they sell now).

I grew out four seeds and labelled them with coloured labels, took clones, flowered the mums and then selected the best one that suited my needs. I call this one Coffee Kush. (original name was 'Herijuana cheese cross with a yellow label' !

The remaining clones were grown out by a friend and the best one of them we called 'The herijuana cheese cross with a blue label' - which was a right gobfull!! I know it went across the midlands and turned out to be a super producer (i've seen buds the size of your arm!!). The limited feedback I recieved about this cut was referring to it as 'Blues'. I've been a bit gobsmacked to come to UK420 and see talk about this cut. Is it just a coincidence?

Does anyone know where 'Blues' originated from?

I say this because about three years ago I did a breeding program using Sannies Herijuana Male and a Cheese cut (original HGF not the shite they sell now).

I grew out four seeds and labelled them with coloured labels, took clones, flowered the mums and then selected the best one that suited my needs. I call this one Coffee Kush. (original name was 'Herijuana cheese cross with a yellow label' !

The remaining clones were grown out by a friend and the best one of them we called 'The herijuana cheese cross with a blue label' - which was a right gobfull!! I know it went across the midlands and turned out to be a super producer (i've seen buds the size of your arm!!). The limited feedback I recieved about this cut was referring to it as 'Blues'. I've been a bit gobsmacked to come to UK420 and see talk about this cut. Is it just a coincidence?

Hi mate, go have a look at the underground originals breeders help desk, there's loads of info about blues there, it's deffo not your plant btw.

All the best

Smithy :smokin:

I've got to get myself a blues cut somehow. Start hanging around Sheffield maybe :-)

I don't go in for all out strength - I've spent enough of my life on my ass stoned - I like doing stuff now!

I've done a 10 and 5 pack of blues from seed and I must not have done them justice (plus had a less than 40% female count... I guess someone has got to aye?).

They smelled amazing (and against what has been said here), properly blue-berry sweets. The smoke didn't do anything for me and I found the plants all a bit lack-lustre. It has to be my wonky growing however as I've seen some propper blues grows and smoke reports :-)

Compared to a cheese cut I had right when I started growing and before I knew much about cuts and "the scene" - I got told it was UK cheese, whatever that means. The plant grew itself, was vigourous like nothing else I've ever grown since and stank of, well, very stinky weed.

The smoke was very decent but I know what Arnold means by building a tolerance. I find that with quite a few strains though.

Cheers kstar.

The seed Blues I grew out was pretty much the identical twin of the original cut.

I've just popped another seed, its in my Blues Diary.

Bear, I think it must be coincidence. "Blues" is also known as "Livers" after the man who first isolated it ~ I am told this is a reference to his name somehow or to his home city of Liverpool, but cannot say for sure. Its been around for decades now, my guess is she is about the same age as UK Cheese, and probably from the same release of Skunk No.1 from Sensi. But its all conjecture. The smell is usually described as "Parma Violets" sweet. I don't disagree with that, she sure is sweet, fruity and intense.

Edited by Arnold Layne

Hi mate, go have a look at the underground originals breeders help desk, there's loads of info about blues there, it's deffo not your plant btw.

All the best

Smithy :smokin:

Ok Cool. It made me think tho'. I'm in the midlands and I've heard growers around here talking about blues. Must get my finger on the button!!

• 10 years later...
On 22/05/2013 at 10:21 AM, Arnold Layne said:

Couldn't have put it better if I tried ~ top post, FG! :notworthy:

One thing to add ~ I find that the UK Clone only Exodus Cheese has a tolerance issue for some folks. I am not alone in saying that I can only smoke Cheese for about three days to one week, then I get so tolerant I need to smoke silly amounts just to get off the ground. I have, however, been smoking this one Blues cut (the original UK clone) for oh, a decade or so ~ almost daily, really. It is certainly 75% of what I smoke over all. But tolerance? :woot:lol Nah, its still the Bizz, and rocks my box every time. I can only really toke a half spliff before being kerzonkerated and High.

Another word about the original UK Blues (IMHO a Skunk clone that has nothing to do with Blueberry, a confusion that is made nearly every time one mentions the UK Blues) is that it is NOT ~ and I have never said otherwise ~ the strongest or the most potent. Boils my piss when folks slag it off saying "Its ain't so strong as Layne says". But Layne NEVER said! Layne says that it is NOT the "Strongest" or the "Most Potent cannabis ever bred" (Claims which, for me, belong in the realm of the childish, the youthful insistence on being stoned to the bone and rendered comatose by a single puff from a bong). For me, whilst it certainly is high hitting and extremely "strong", that is not its main "selling point". For that ~ use your nose. Its the smell/taste, peeps, and the style of the high, rather than its force. In these areas it is quite unique.

Most folks today want "Dank", "Couch-lock" Hits, hits that "stone" you and leave you on your arse or back. But if you stand apart from that crowd, and want a "high", rather than a stone, a buzz that is exhilarating and stimulates the imagination ~ and for which words like "ripped" and "Out of one's tree" are more appropriate ~ then seek out the Blues! Artists, musicians, authors all alike will find their imagination stimulated and their output given a new energy. I think two words describe the High from original Blues rather well: "Sweet" and "exhilarating". It is Rocket Fuel, not for its intensity, but for its up~lift and the "Elevator" kind of High it imparts.

So I think I should roll one, and see which way the wind blows.

Amazing post!! 

I'm taking an interest smell components and a lot of it is not a specific   set of terps but their levels. Nutrient levels and environment  status has a heavy hand in modulating how a plant expresses smells, I think.

My interest in smells comes from carp boilies and what's in them. I've just collected a set of separate fatty acids. One of them, n-butyric acid, is a SUPER STINKER... it comes in a dropper bottle inside a pill box box. Depending on the level that goes up your nostrils determines the actual smell signature you experience. At low levels this acid can smell creamy, buttery and generally very complex with all sorts of foods invoked in mind, changing as the levels change in my nose. Go over a certain level, then you will be smelling fannies, dicks and armpits. :) 

Some of the smells are single chemicals that we can immediately associate the food, but stuff like cheese is a melding of several smells. If the plant's signature smell relates to predominantly a single terpene, that's not so hard to target genetically and can generally be reproduced.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1