My Stealth Drobe Build

Deadcock

i am probably being daft but i just cannot grasp/visualize how you mean with regard to the alu tube with filter discs lol

i cannot wait to see pics when your able to do so .......you seam to want just what i do , up to 4 plants MAX , purely for perccy

thanks for your answers my friend , looks superb and good luck

• Like 1

Yo dude, Nahhhh way man are you daft for asking, ive perplexed many of my hps pro gro bros with how genius this idea is! lol

Rightyo, I took some pics of the setup i have with some more tubing that im gonna be installing on my other cab,

This is what i mean,

Get a piece of ally tubing, and two cut out charcoal disks. From a normal kitchen extraction hood filter. Many more can be added later.

gallery_79463_6286_137622.jpg

One Filter Disk popped into the end, you can push this halfway up the tube. The other end attaches to the Extraction Hole, many ways of doing this, i like those circular inserts you can get from upay. But havnt got round to getting some...Silver tape and staples does the job nicely,

gallery_79463_6286_29791.jpg

Now to pop the other one on top of the first one.

gallery_79463_6286_29647.jpg

Thats all there is too it folks.

gallery_79463_6286_18053.jpg

You can pop more and more disks into that tube, of course its all down to how long you have it, just dont push the disks too close to the Fan.

Id like to see any strain get past 10 of these disks, if its all sealed right of course.

• Like 2

your a braver man than me DeadLock, personally i'd prefer to stick to using my rhino's for peace of mind :wink:

your idea is novel but i'd be concerned about the filters been overwhelmed by the smell or if the discs dislodged in the ducting.

• Like 2

aaaaahhhhhh i see , genius!! .... you meant the ducting , stupid me was picturing a solid aluminum tubing sticking out the back lmao!! duh! ..

like joint hogger said i would go for piece of mind with a proper filter but if it works like it obviously must do then we cannot judge , so respect to you.

this design of extraction and filtration is PERFECT for LED isn't it!? i bet its whisper quiet!?

Also without the heat and air outlet (touches wood and head!) it must be neigh on impossible, if not impossible, for the cops to get on to the fact a grow is on the go providing the three rules are followed!!

awesome just awesome matey

thanks for the pics and idea for the future

:yinyang: :yinyang:

• Like 1

just a quick thought also , how about lights off temps? will you need some form of heater to keep the right temps?

• Like 1

I wish you the best of good luck but imo your pc fans are not going to be up to the job and its going to be stinking come 12/12 :lucky: personally i would get a proper fan and filter ,better safe than sorry :yes:

• Like 1

I wish you the best of good luck but imo your pc fans are not going to be up to the job and its going to be stinking come 12/12 :lucky: personally i would get a proper fan and filter ,better safe than sorry :yes:

like he said though its tried, tested AND works ,i would still be parra but if it works for him good luck to him init :yep:

Edited by jumpman233345
  • Like 2

Yo dude, im growing autos, no 12/12 switch for me.

But i do get your point and thanks for your concern. :yinyang:

like he said though its tried, tested AND works ,i would still be parra but if it works for him good luck to him init :yep:

Cheers Bro, Im always looking out for better ideas and yeah this is super stealthy, i mean i have to sleep with this thing in my bedroom along with the other one, so you can see my misses is a bit strict about noise and smell, has worked so far with the stinky cheese, lets see how it does with the purple cheese, if it fails, id be the first one to admit it to you all.

If i had a spare room or somewhere else then i would go for the whole hog and probaby wouldnt of built a cab, just got a tent. less hasstle but this was my only option as every room is occupied and the attic is a no no, too hot, too shitty and too much of a pain in the arse to get up into to water the plants.

Oh and the temps at night dude? well its 4 am here now and both my cabs are 71.2 F (double drobe) 72.5 F (single), all ok.

Last summer I had to run the extraction fans all night but still didnt go over 85 F

I am going to get better more powerful fans and a speed controller for it but the drobe build has wiped me out. Oh well, better to spend it then stash it

• 1 month later...

Hey Deadlock, tidy looking job you've done there.

Filler is a DIYers best friend, I've got a few misjudged holes atm (probably more to come) that I'll have to fill up :wassnnme: hehe.

Trying to wrap my head around extraction/filter in a smallish grow box I'm currently building,

the pc fan, carbon disk, tube system you have is intriguing, cheap, quiet and space friendly.

How well did this extraction system cope on previous grows?

It might be the way for me to go, at least to start off with.

Happy growing, Buffoon.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that extraction setup won't work, seems it does for you Deadlock, but there are potential weaknesses which anyone trying to emulate should be aware of.

Air takes the path of least resistance, improperly filled discs, or discs not air tight fit with the ducting will result in unfiltered air reaching the outside. The use of multiple discs ameliorates this risk to some degree.

Also, you have to have negative pressure, more air being drawn out than blown in. Anything which increases the static pressure on the exhaust like ducting or filters, decreases the airflow proportionately. Even with a system like this you'll need double the theoretical max airflow out as you have in, to be sure of negative pressure and that's using an rvk (and we never turn them off :rolleyes: ).

Also, presuming the same carbon makeup as a filter designed for the job, life of the filter will be proportional to the weight of the carbon combined.

Saying all that, this topic can be closely likened to car intakes, there is a shit load of bling out there, when often the oem intake ends up the best. I'd like the whole topic demistified a bit, reduced to engineering, because it is important that we understand what it is which helps keeps us safe.

Perhaps been thinking about this subject too much lately :D

cheers

Hm

Edited by Headmaster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Deadlock, tidy looking job you've done there.

Filler is a DIYers best friend, I've got a few misjudged holes atm (probably more to come) that I'll have to fill up :wassnnme: hehe.

Trying to wrap my head around extraction/filter in a smallish grow box I'm currently building,

the pc fan, carbon disk, tube system you have is intriguing, cheap, quiet and space friendly.

How well did this extraction system cope on previous grows?

It might be the way for me to go, at least to start off with.

Happy growing, Buffoon.

Hey mate ,, did you try this method of extraction and filtration out??

I'm very interested to hear anyone else that has tried :yep:

love this build, i started in a stealth guitar amp in my parents house at 15 and was never caught :P

good work chap!

M

• Like 1

love this build, i started in a stealth guitar amp in my parents house at 15 and was never caught :P

good work chap!

M

And what extraction and filter did you have?