DP AUTO on my balcony.

pier09

My third wave germed on the 4th and 5th of this month, a StarRyder and a Tundra. They still youngsters at 18 and 19 days, growing valiantly, no probs.

They are in 8,5l. pots, as all the others, germed in their final pots and on a diet of bio grow and heaven and mycorhiz.

A couple of shots:

gallery_73257_6295_128508.jpg

gallery_73257_6295_188878.jpg

So I guess it will be all for today :wink_kiss::oldtoker::jester:

• Like 1

looking really good, i wonder if your second wave will be the best yielders ?

Nice resin frosting, going to be a nice smoke and some scissor hash for you to enjoy I hope

We will see, Tony, for the yeld.

The SR doesn't seem to show much difference, for the moment, between 1st and 2nd wave, but the Frisian shows much fatter and dense bud formation on 2nd.

We'll have more definite results in a couple weeks.ATB.

Just a few days...

...but they reached 60 days,

and the colas are fat enough for a few decent shots.

First rhe StarRyder:

gallery_73257_6295_272306.jpg

gallery_73257_6295_341813.jpg

And the Frisian Dew:

gallery_73257_6295_81810.jpg

gallery_73257_6295_170092.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If one thing can be said about these last one and a half month it is that they have been sunny as hell.

Rarely got so much of it and the plants of course bath in it and appreciate, as far as they get enough water.

Strangely my StarRyder, up to now hardy and impervious to attacks, fungus or parasites, has lost may be a third of its main colas to a kind of dry rot. It certainly wasn't due to wet conditions because the 2-3 days it rained I took the precaution to keep them inside. The small bud leaves got brownish and brittle, then the bud.So I cut the main bud and left the rest to mature a week more.She is 75 days.

As for the other one of the second wave, a Frisian, she got the chop yesterday. She was may be a bit green still but many of its trichome turned amber I decided to send it to the drying cupboard. I guess it will turn at least a good oz, probably more. We'll see in a fornight.

So now of the DPA I have two left, the last wave, a SR and a tundra.

I can say that they reach nearly twice the height of the second wave. 72 cm the tallest (SR) against 48 for the just chopped.

It can be reasonably said that these autos really need a lot of sun to reach any potential.

So a few pics, as usual.

First the four of them, on the left the third wave. On the right the second.

gallery_73257_6295_55057.jpg

gallery_73257_6295_208814.jpg

Then the frisian who got the chop:

gallery_73257_6295_204886.jpg

And the StarRyder who got some dry rot (not really visible on the shot, sorry):

gallery_73257_6295_224716.jpg

And, last, the two of the third wave, RS and Tundra, now both at 40 days or so:

gallery_73257_6295_95054.jpg

I know I didn't have, and by far, enough plants to get a definitive idea about these DP autos and their potential but it still gives a general vew.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Time to upgrade, I guess.

My second wave, one starryder and one frisian:

After 15 days drying the weights come to:

FD= 36g (1oz 1/4)

SR= 38-40g.

The SR had attack of dry rot on the head cola, lost 1/5 maybe.

For my taste the SR smoke beats the FD in strenght and quality, not to say the FD is bad, just a bit less interesting to smoke.

Sorry no pics.

Also I chopped the upper half of my third wave SR at 64 days or so, may be a bit green, we'll see.

This last wave came significantly higher than the second, 72cm for the SR. But they were attacked by small green caterpillars, munching the leaves, I avoided a chemical rseponse and picked them by hand. Except the loss of green I dont think the buds suffered too much because of them.

I'll give a final opinion on the autos once they are all in jars. For now I can say they wont replace the regs by far, but they have a niche definitely for a fast result but you get much more satisfaction by growing regulars, and anyway you cant warp cannabis too far out of its natural life cycle whithout altering the end product, would may be be a wise overall vew.

• Like 2