Blue Family from Dutch Passion

Organic Jim

Gah! The company I get my butane from has replaced London Gas with a dirty generic unfiltered lighter fuel. What the hell use is that to anyone wanting to finish a creme brulee or make BHO?

bastards. Now what will I do?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Thanks for the compliments :wink:

I have a report on the dried & jarred Blue Family buds for you. But firstly there's the small matter of Water Curing to talk about.

I've seperated out a very similar bud from the air curing jars to compare.

The water cured bud is the dark one.

gallery_16392_2349_146477.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_109697.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_135006.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_44152.jpg

side by side

gallery_16392_2349_205944.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_47538.jpg

Something I've noticed after doing water hashing, then inspecting the leftovers to see if it's worth BHOing, is that the resin stalks and leftover heads are really orange/ brown. On the water cured bud, the resin is really much redder than the air cured bud as you can see down the zoom-scope. I wonder if this is significant in any way?

Water cured

gallery_16392_2349_129976.jpg

Jar cured

gallery_16392_2349_110984.jpg

Edited by Organic Jim
  • Like 2

Hi OJ those buds look lush I wondered also why the water cured result had a darker finish, do you run the water from curing through a bag(or bags)?

What's the difference (if any) in the taste of the smoke?

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Orroight moy Luvvers, steady on now. I had to go to get some of my new favourite tipple- Becks Blue. At 0.05% ABV and tasting like normal Becks it's a great beer to swig in the sun and you can consume cannabis without any problems.

Right then. I've got me notebook and flavour charts ready, fully stoned to the bone and ready to review.

I'm using the DJShort olfaction chart as these were originally his strains, so it seems polite if nothing else.

Auto Blueberry

(Water Cured)

Smells botanical, hay,(other)->seaweed. (musky), earthy, dirt dusty stale

Tastes bonfire, leaves, (very dry tobacco)

High is the same as jar cured.

(Jar Cured)

The bud leaves have cured to a lovely deep blue, and there's the occasional pink flower cluster in there as well.

Really attractive colours.

Smells (Chemical Astringent)-terpentine-cleanser-paint-(glue/plastic)-Spicy Woody

Tastes Musky, botanical Hay, Earthy musty, Spicy Hardwood, Pine,=(Morrocan Hashish Flavours?) Chemical, terpentine

High is really relaxing and dreamy. I can still get things like food shopping and chores done, but it's very much a "Hmm? what?" experience :stoned:

Very pleasant even body/head high not overbearing in either way.

I found reading almost impossible with my eyes just flicking around the page, very frustrating! Great for picture books, comics , magazines and the like.

There has been a noticable hypnotic effect around certain sounds, running water, interior car noise (Don't smoke and drive people!)

I found myself with a thousand-yard stare and totally focussed on the "white noise" sounds!

gallery_16392_2349_10188.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_15142.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_165614.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_52937.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_89985.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_166331.jpg

Total Dry Yield (not inc Water Cured) 200g excellent buds (+ popcorn buds + sneaky taster branch)

Edited by Organic Jim
  • Like 1

Now it's Blue Moonshine.

Yielding 68g bone dry, she's the most Indica leaning of the bunch, but sadly the least ripe. She was suffering from possible stem rot in flowering so had to come down (I reckon) 2 weeks early.

Anyway, here's what I got and it's very very nice!

gallery_16392_2349_134731.jpg

Very firm buds, a bit leafy but, hey early moonshine's better that no moonshine at all! (to paraphrase Gnl. Solo on Endor :nerd: )

Smells- That Day-Glo Hubba Bubba, Lemon and Lime flavour from the mid 80's

Sweet Floral Fruity Lemon Lime

Sweet sweet Bubblegum

Bit green and Skunky (probs down to early harvest.)

Taste- Sweet Floral Rose. Like artificial Rose perfume, Turkish Delight! Leaves a Benylin type aftertaste on the throat.

High- Very strong, 1/2 mast eyelids, great for lounging, days off in the sunshine with no agenda. Great for bedtime and sleep. Very drowsy after 2 or 3 spliffs.

• Like 3

Next up is Flo.

:wub: Ah Flo, my beatiful purple flower, my scented bloom, I think I love you... :wub:

>cough<

gallery_16392_2349_128605.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_143675.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_135882.jpg

Smell- Heavily floral, lilies, Honeysuckle, Elderflower, Lilac.

Taste- Lily, Lilac, jasmine, Vanilla cream.

High-Extremely sociable, highly motivating. Chatty talkative happy conversational. Absolutely not to have near bedtime, electrified thoughts, ideas flashing past, wild disjointed thinking. Couldn't sleep had to go walking. :rolleyes:

Final yield 25g (my fault)

Edited by Organic Jim
  • Like 4

Finally, the Blue Velvet.

Final yield 110g (between 2 plants)

gallery_16392_2349_173843.jpg

gallery_16392_2349_161681.jpg

Smells- Sweet, Dark muscovado sugar, molasses, maple syrup. Sweet-Minty-spearmint, eucalyptus.

Tastes- "Red" and spicy and floral and minty. Sweet Minty Spearmint, fruity cherry, floral blossom. Geranium, hot Amber resin/incense, nutmeg, sage herb.

High- Very good body/head match, nice and chilled and smiley, drifty dreamy but chatty with it. Very social and interactive in small doses, but she will put you down good if you have a larger amount. :smug:

Overall I think that the Flo is my favourite functioning high and the most delicious light flavour and dark colour combo.(I have fully revegged the Flo for more chances)

The Moonshine left longer will be stunning next time, the Velvet has an extremely warm and comforting high and a great moreish taste which makes me grin from ear to ear with every puff!

Cheers for now folks, I'm off to get stoned silly before the school run!! (on foot of course, safety first psychonauts) :wanker:

• Like 3

Lovely review mate, if ya get the time to answer what do you use to edit your pictures(putting the frame and text to them)?

• Like 1

Lovely review mate, if ya get the time to answer what do you use to edit your pictures(putting the frame and text to them)?

Hello mate, it's called Faststone Photo Resizer, and has border, text, watermark etc built in. Loads of pre set resizings and techy stuff too.

I can't have paid for it, so it must be public domain stuff.

Cheers bud

• Like 1

Congrats on the harvest Jim, fantastic photos as usual and I'm now real curious of the water drying method, never heard of it before so might have to do some more research :yep:

• Like 1