A Petition?

Guest bobbert

Guest bobbert

If we were to set a date to go and protest and bring our voice to the nation would you come? (you dont have to skin up).

No.

Even though I no longer grow, I wouldn't put my family through an invited visitor.

I don't believe the filth wouldn't use the video, trace us back, and then pop by to see if there's a chance of an arrest and conviction. After all, that is what they are paid for and they pick easy targets with glee. A stoner conviction is relatively quick, easy and hits targets that make the Commissioner's arse squeal with brown happiness.

Until we all stand up nothing will ever be achieved, even I can see that. Why would you be expecting a visit from the police? A legal , peaceful protest isnt doing anything wrong, perhaps we have been groomed to think we can no longer use our voice to change things.

edit - Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

We can change this.

Edited by bobbert

A legal , peaceful protest isnt doing anything wrong, perhaps we have been groomed to think we can no longer use our voice to change things.

I respect and admire you, Bobbert, but I refer you to any number of reports in the last few years that would disagree with the above. This is what is fundamentally wrong in this country.

Guest bobbert

A legal , peaceful protest isnt doing anything wrong, perhaps we have been groomed to think we can no longer use our voice to change things.

I respect and admire you, Bobbert, but I refer you to any number of reports in the last few years that would disagree with the above. This is what is fundamentally wrong in this country.

And will always be, until we stop it. We should not be in fear of this , it's not as if we are calling for legalization of murder or the likes, we really do have nothing to fear by trying to change an unjust law..

• Like 1

There is nothing to disagree with your comment, Bobbert.

It's just the how or a step-change in how English/Welsh accept the dogma from our over-lords.

Guest bobbert

It's just the how or a step-change in how English/Welsh accept the dogma from our over-lords.

Over Lords? They work for us. We do not simply accept their dogma, we create their dogma. If we repeatedly let go of our social right to change our governments laws and views then our children will grow up in a far worse world than we live in now.

Over Lords? They work for us. We do not simply accept their dogma, we create their dogma. If we repeatedly let go of our social right to change our governments laws and views then our children will grow up in a far worse world than we live in now.

No offense bobbert but they don't work for us, we don't create their dogma. We vote for an interface between the power of the UK and the population, this isn't conspiraloon stuff, it is the reality. There is a whole lot of power and influence that flows right through unchanged regardless of a changing of the denizens of 10 and 11. Same in the US

• Like 6

Guest bobbert

I could not agree more, but they do work for us , not as in we employ them , but for us as serve us, they are there for our benefit.

What we need to do is show them that we are not all 'stoners' for want of a better word but also we are contributing members of this society and we do have a say in how it is governed.

I gave up signing petitions about fie years ago.

Bobbert where have you been? There's been a whole shed~load of "Petitions" from Pinkie's madness and all the way up (maybe "across" is a better descriptor here) to the LCA and now "NORML UK".

I first signed one in 1969, when I also wrote my first letter to the "Times". But they chose to publish some report from a Judge, instead. But it was cool, the report was positive and the headlines ran with the "Hammer and a nut" description, when Mick Jagger got busted and sent down a while.

By 1980-ish I had given up written protest and begun to grow (very poorly, though) instead. Big, open public outdoor grows. I'd collect every seed from every bag I scored over the year, and then chucked the lot into places like: police station flower beds, hospital gardens, municipal parks, Railways verges, river sides, lake sides, and best of the lot..... Graveyards. Cannabis loves Graveyards, but avoid planting new Yew trees. There seems to be a rather hefty N level in your average Graveyard :unsure:;)

But now I just grow indoors (and much better), teach others to do the same, help set up grow rooms for folks with problems, doll out seeds and cuts where and when needed. And I do all this quite openly I suppose; that is, I do not worry too much about security. The vast majority of those who know me, know I smoke and grow, and am ready to help them do likewise. (I do NOT encourage this approach for others, its just "my way", that's all).

Posting a Diary on Uk420 is a massive step into Activism. If you do one, you will be showing the entire world your grow operation, your successes and your failures; and in so doing, you will be teaching others, encouraging fence sitters to come off that fence, and generally promoting the growing of cannabis. That's a fairly stout form of Activism, if you ask me. Much better than merely signing another dreary old petition or going on yet another protest.

Oooops, sorry, wobbly old ramble of a grunting old fart in full Grrrrr mode! Ignore. As you were.......

:skin_up:

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 8

I think a more productive way of working would be to wait for the local police commissioners to get elected, then bombard each of them with requests not to waste their limited resources on cannabis growers and users. The'll be the ones deciding what crimes their forces concentrate on and I hope to fuck they see that we are the least of their problems.

:yinyang:

I think a more productive way of working would be to wait for the local police commissioners to get elected, then bombard each of them with requests not to waste their limited resources on cannabis growers and users. The'll be the ones deciding what crimes their forces concentrate on and I hope to fuck they see that we are the least of their problems.

:yinyang:

Not a chance - most PCC candidates are from political parties - very few are Independents.

Let me borrow your glasses to see your world from where you are - cos that ain't my world for sure....

Guest bobbert

I dont understand , all I can see are people happy to be criminals and not prepared to do anything about it, and this isnt just with cannabis , this is right across the board. For some reason the great british people seem to be cowering little children in the face of anything that they may need to stand up and fight for.

And people think they are afraid to go to prison for growing? You are already in prison.

Go and hand yourself in Bobbert, stand up for yourself. lol I think most people would still keep their heads down if Cannabis were legalised. This thread is pretty dumb mate, you want people to sign a petition but for it to be considered valid, they'd have to give their home address. Not a great move considering its illegal to grow and most people here seem to do ok without shouting it from the rooftops.

Why bother? Just keep growing and keep quiet about it. lol

:smokin:

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 10

I dont understand , all I can see are people happy to be criminals and not prepared to do anything about it, and this isnt just with cannabis , this is right across the board. For some reason the great british people seem to be cowering little children in the face of anything that they may need to stand up and fight for.

Who said we are happy to be criminals? If we had a choice, I don't think many of us would be criminals.

Perhaps 'passive resistance' (my words from anothers earlier post) is the most pragmatic solution right now; ie what we are doing right now.

And people think they are afraid to go to prison for growing? You are already in prison.

That's your (understandable) frustration talking there. There's a choice of prison called England or another prison where some meathead calls you his/her bitch. Me? Of the two - I'd prefer to be shafted by Cameron and his like but I'd like Canna to be decriminalised, too.