A Petition?

Guest bobbert

Guest bobbert

My point is if we all speak together we will be heard and taken notice of.

Yes, one would hope - especially in the current climate of experts saying positive things about Canna.

However, the fact that it is currently illegal, a crowd of stoners (however large) will never happen because the Police will have vidoes of the demonstrators and pick them out/off in their home towns.

Recently, I had cause to speak to RELEASE - and very good people they are, too. The guy said they prefer for people like me to use Cannabis as we do and to leave the campaigning to organisations like them as that is money better spent and the lobbying is more structured.

IMHO, I think the best thing we could do is send our favoured pro-canna groups some money and even offer to volunteer either on the front line or behind the scenes for those of us who are slightly more shy.

To be fair we are not really wining the fight with these groups , are we?

So how is your petition different?

It would be different because it has not been done before , has it? Also would you trust a No10 petition to have any kind of positive outcome?

It would do two things , raise awareness and give us a proper head count.

With this kind of factual none arguable evidence we would be walking in the right direction towards our goals.

Either this or every smoker in the country goes to London and skins up in front of parliament, A peaceful (probably illegal) protest, what would they do? Arrest half the country?

My point is if we all speak together we will be heard and taken notice of.

All been done before and talked about ad nauseum

You old enough to remember lca Bobbert?

Never heard of them, who are they then?

and we should all thank the people who were brave enough for the sickly ride until things were changed (segregation, women's rights, etc)

@Bobbert - well we haven't won (m)any fights lately have we? Rioters, strikers, protesters - all have been dismissed by the Govt and pursued through the courts. Perhaps we should grow a pair as a Nation first?

Edited by JemimaPuddleDuck

Guest bobbert

and we should all thank the people who were brave enough for the sickly ride until things were changed (segregation, women's rights, etc)

Thats my point , if we were all brave enough to stand and be counted things might change more quickly.

I refer the Hon. Gentleman to the answer I gave a few minutes ago:

However, the fact that it is currently illegal, a crowd of stoners (however large) will never happen because the Police will have vidoes of the demonstrators and pick them out/off in their home towns.

Guest bobbert

Perhaps we should grow a pair as a Nation first?

That would help , or the reassurance that if we all became public (because we have nothing to fear) we would have nothing to worry about. We are all voters , we have a say afterall.

Guest bobbert

I refer the Hon. Gentleman to the answer I gave a few minutes ago:

And then what? arrest hundreds of thousands of people for protesting about cannabis? I doubt it. That would be very embarrassing for our government, at the end of the day they are not our enemy, they are people who need to be told that a huge percentage of our country use a plant as a recreational drug and we are not going to be persecuted and made to live in fear any more because of it.

... or the reassurance that if we all became public (because we have nothing to fear) we would have nothing to worry about. We are all voters , we have a say afterall.

I agree with your aim but not the above. We have everything to fear. POCA is pushed aggressively and ruins innocent lives for years.

I'd take this on a different angle, perhaps; it is estimated 10% of stoners are prosecuted each year. They are identified. Can something not be done with them to push through changes in the law? However, I feel they are so traumatised by the judicial process they don't want another brush with it again (as is my epxerience).

• Like 1

try change.org, see what happens. There are some terrible petitions out there though, bad grammar, poor spelling, naively argued and generally a step in the wrong direction. An eloquent, compassionate "call to arms" or a cold, methodical justification for change are the angles I would explore if I was doing it myself, or maybe both can be combined

good luck if you give it a go

And then what? arrest hundreds of thousands of people for protesting about cannabis? I doubt it. That would be very embarrassing for our government, at the end of the day they are not our enemy, they are people who need to be told that a huge percentage of our country use a plant as a recreational drug and we are not going to be persecuted and made to live in fear any more because of it.

Demonstrators have been identified and arrested in their home towns.

Guest bobbert

OK , so we have a few obstacles to get over,this is not the end of the world. No one person can do this , everybody must do this , thats my point.

No one person can do this ,

?eh?

We have been talking only about groups of people so far.

It's not the masses that is in question - it's the how.

For my money, lobbying orgs are the way to go. Give them your support with cash and time.

Guest bobbert

For a petition to be legally viable you need the full contact details of all the signees.

So it's a bad idea.

nibs.

Why , all you are doing is signing a petition , not admitting to anything illegal.

I am sure there are thousands and thousands of people out there who dont use cannabis and would sign it.

Edited by bobbert

If we were to set a date to go and protest and bring our voice to the nation would you come? (you dont have to skin up).

No.

Even though I no longer grow, I wouldn't put my family through an invited visitor.

I don't believe the filth wouldn't use the video, trace us back, and then pop by to see if there's a chance of an arrest and conviction. After all, that is what they are paid for and they pick easy targets with glee. A stoner conviction is relatively quick, easy and hits multiple Government targets that make the Commissioner's arse squeal with brown happiness.