free seeds

DutchPassionTony

If you have smoked or grown one of our varieties then please feel free to add your customer comments to the relevant page on our website. Just go to the variety and click 'customer feedback'. At that point you can enter as much or as little as you like. The comments are normally uploaded the following day.

At the end of 2012 we will go through the comments and the most original or funniest (or just the ones we like) will be contacted by the email address you left to send you free seeds. (ps the email address's left on our site are ALWAYS confidential and never published)

cheers

tony

• Like 1

doesn't encouragement of posting comments you like, through prizes, skew the worth of the comments for prospective punters?

I use tripadvisor to help me make decisions about restaurants and hotels, if I knew a company was running a positive feedback competition to win a free meal, or room for the night, I think it would destroy my faith in the quality of all the feedback for that company

• Like 6

its down to dp to be honest and post both positive and negative comments ,and im sure the growing community will supply both .cos ya just cant please all the people all of the time ..i shall gladly post a review of the auto mazars a little closer to dec 31st ..but only if its free p&p and no owls were harmed in the making of the website .

• Like 4

doesn't encouragement of posting comments you like, through prizes, skew the worth of the comments for prospective punters?

I use tripadvisor to help me make decisions about restaurants and hotels, if I knew a company was running a positive feedback competition to win a free meal, or room for the night, I think it would destroy my faith in the quality of all the feedback for that company

customers can make an informed judgement about Dutch Passion varieties from a range of sources. They can check out grow diaries on the internet. They can check out the performance of unreleased strains from test grows.

If we were trying to skew public opinion then we sure as hell would not be running public grow diaries on new and unreleased grow diaries on forums like UK420. So far this year, just on UK420, we have had grow diaries of StarRyder, OutLaw & White Widow x The Ultimate all shown before a single seed was sold to a member of the public. If that is skewing public opinion then please forgive us.

• Like 9

Guest grandad

i know tony has given lots of seeds to members of this site, each are doing diaries for all members to look at, he must be very confident in his product.

• Like 2

I hope you appreciate it was just a personal comment Tony, nothing to do with this site in anyway at all.

When I'm looking for something on the net, say a book, if i see something interesting I will go have a look at the comments of other readers directly below, I may if I am unsure search out a literary review and read that first, but I've only done that once or twice in the many purchases I have made. I get what you are saying but I suspect I am not alone in assuming many comments on an internet sales site are genuine feedback, good or bad, that has been left through the spontaneous urge of the poster to leave notes for other like minded individuals to help them in their decision, I know that is why I review products. This is something I think we all assume to be true, that feedback is normally genuine and posted through personal choice by the reviewer for no gain. Equally we assume that the site owner isn't posting rave reviews through sock puppet accounts. These are the foundations of the internet review process and the feedback displayed is instrumental in the decision process. Anyway just making my concerns known, hope I haven't offended you. You have an enthusiastic customer base it would seem, I just think it is a shame to risk tainting that in anyway, although I appreciate that you want to reward people for adding to your site and the quality of the information available

EDIT TO ADD

I agree grandad, that was the impression I got too, this just seems to be a step away from that :unsure:

Edited by distracted

Personally I think the way Tony and DP go about their business is really customer focused.This is a great way to conduct a business for the customer.And as for skewing public opinion even if they did unintentionally the customer is still a winner with the DP product as it does what it says on the tin.Keep up the good work Tony :hippy: (and oh,I haven't been given freebies I just think that DP are good and Tone is a good guy).

• Like 2

Guest AutoPoter

Personally I think the way Tony and DP go about their business is really customer focused.This is a great way to conduct a business for the customer.And as for skewing public opinion even if they did unintentionally the customer is still a winner with the DP product as it does what it says on the tin.Keep up the good work Tony :hippy: (and oh,I haven't been given freebies I just think that DP are good and Tone is a good guy).

+1

fuck i must have something on my nose now! :russian::headpain:

FFS!

• Like 1

+1

fuck i must have something on my nose now! :russian::headpain:

FFS!

lol and there's me thinking I forgot to brush my teeth today and it was poo all along :wassnnme:

ummmmmm 3 things

1. people who have a crappy time and post a lacklustre review arnt likely to get free seeds

2. your likely to have the most sparkling clean colon possible after the quantity of tongues that will be buried inches deep up your arse on the hunt for free seed

3. there was third , cant for the life of me remember now :headpain: ill edit if i can bloody remember in the next hour

cant remember growing dp , think ive got a couple of strains here unopened still , im such a seed whore

Edited by moggggys

as for skewing public opinion even if they did unintentionally the customer is still a winner with the DP product as it does what it says on the tin.

unintentionally skewing public opinion? this is probably intentional skewing public opinion though :unsure:, there is no "unintentional" in urging reviews they may like and then judge in exchange for the chance of some free seeds... I am though sure that DP products do what they say on the packet, they have handed out and offered many free seeds including to me which shows their confidence as grandad suggested, I just think that this offer undermines the hard work and possibly well earned reputation as it encourages words for prizes.. grows for words are a visual provable thing in comparison

• Like 1

More comments than I was expecting on this thread !

And I can understand the viewpoints that ask whether we are only encouraging/rewarding the 'right' feedback. But that is neither our intention nor our style. I wonder how many people have actually read the customer feedback before criticising it. Here are a couple of the recent ones we uploaded in the last day

a) CBD Skunk Haze "Any chance of getting regular seeds? I hate fem seeds! Why are all the banks selling so many fem only seeds. Just seems like a money making racket to me..." Here we uploaded the comment and did also make a reply, which can be read if anyone is interested. We thought it was a good comment. click 'customer feedback' to see the dialogue http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/seeds/product/cbd-skunkhaze/

b) Hollands Hope "Got 5 regular seeds, only 3 of them germinated, and 2 of these 3 plants were females. I got something like 85g on one plant....."

So I hope it shows people that we are fair and reasonable, is it really that bad on our own website to show customer comments? One of the most common comments we get on our website is that people would like to see more info and opinion on our varieties. That is one of the reasons we are on the forums encouraging people to give DP seeds a go.

We are confident enough to let people grow our new varieties before they have been publically released, that should tell people we are confident enough to stand behind our varieties and confident in what we are doing. Can a seedbank be any more open and transparent than that? How many other of the bigger seedbanks do you see doing the same thing?

All we are doing is asking for a few comments. So long as they are not totally bonkers we will publish them.

• Like 3