Fresian Dew and Purple Maroc

Sawney Bean

What's the highest lat you would recommend growing these outdoors. I'm lat 57ish and was considering trying these next season but there's no point if I'm pissing in the wind

:skin_up:

Edited by Sawney Bean

Guest EvilMouse

I'd say its a bit of a gamble mate.

The majoity of my PM's this year were in a site that lost the sun by about 4pm and most of the buds are airy as fuck.

In fact, it seems like 80% of my bud ths year is airy.

Really not impressed with 2012 at all.

Even so, why not just grab 1 pack of PM and maybe 5 FD's as a tester?

Just get plenty of HFH stuff out as well as back up.

Cheers for the input Evilmouse, goes with out saying HFH will make up the majority of my crop next season, just need to experiment a wee bit to see what else I can get to finish up here.

hi Moggggys, I tried auto's up here this season, dont think I get enough sun for them to be worthwhile. And they never autoflowered :rofl:

never autoflowered ?

thats an oddity for sure , you can stop autos from flowering by keeping them in cold conditions , i wonder if it was simply too cold for them at the time ? you need to time it that for the last 6 weeks of growth its 15 degrees or over , ive known people manage autos in greenhouses and get 3 grows in both shetland and orkney so it should be possible fella , id also recommend lowryder 1 as the most likely to be stable of the autos , the smokes say 6/10 so certainly good enough

• 4 weeks later...

never autoflowered ?

haha- My mate put out 6 fem Nirvarna Northern Light Autos, In march.

Last check he did before giving up was end of August, still no flower..

They probably still in veg now..

Auto's and low temps- Supose it would be down to the genetics. Them Russian rudi's can tolerate it cold as can them himaylayan Indicas, so I'd say some can take it more than others.

Back on subject, I have both PM's and Frisians for next season but aint grown either yet, but any weed needs as much light as pos' between july and nov, so plan your site location with that in mind and you will get the best out of whatever strains you use.

Sawney- Have you seen them so called super Auto's that Short stuff have, 100-120 days...so 140 for you, lol..

If they can get 80days good veg in then in theory , they could be a nice plant...

I don't fancy them tho'.

CC

• Like 1

Hey CheechChong mate, I was actually talking about this the other day with someone and we both think that auto's really don't like the cooler temperatures up my way and that stopped them budding up properly.

Sawney- Have you seen them so called super Auto's that Short stuff have, 100-120 days...so 140 for you, lol.
lol your absolutely spot on there with the extra 20 days :yep:

Hey CheechChong mate, I was actually talking about this the other day with someone and we both think that auto's really don't like the cooler temperatures up my way and that stopped them budding up properly.

lol your absolutely spot on there with the extra 20 days :yep:

i grow autos at 55lat no problem. i set them away the back end of april and get a nice early smoke from them. i think some seem to forget to auto though up here auto door but these seem to still do ok just take forever. if you want auto's up here you need to do a bit of selection and breeding. i personally don't like pure auto f1's or s1's for outdoor but there offspring that a totally difrent beast Sawney Beans mate. :wassnnme:

• Like 1

Aye aye Brock, glad to hear you have success with them at your lat. So it may be worth my while throwing a few out just to hack for the following year, interesting stuff. I've heard that Zens Dieselryder is supposed to be good outside so I might invest in some of them, I've found somewhere online that accepts card payments for some of the Zen seeds

:skin_up:

• 2 weeks later...

sorry about the late reply mate. I wouldnt be to bothered wich auto you use mate if you going to cross them. A little heads up if you cross them with a semi auto you will not find a plant that cant finsh in the seeds you breed from them. I find them easy to work with outdoor. I will be growing a few more next year. You seen my nfw? well next year i have here little sister flash skunk going out aswell. Theres also a few nfw x's. I will give a real show next year. There should be a few dutch passion strains aswell as i want to really expand my outdoor gene pool. I am experting a lot of failed crops aswell. I promise the auto crosses will finish and impress aswell though. Go for the pollen chucking mate and let us know how they turn out for you. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi Moggggys, I tried auto's up here this season, dont think I get enough sun for them to be worthwhile. And they never autoflowered :rofl:

If they never auto'd then they wheren't auto's!

Autos are fine up there!

one thing we have heard from outdoor auto growers is the tendency for auto's to slow down in cool weather when the temperatures are persistently cool, maybe that could explain some of the issues with the auto's taking too long? It will be interesting to see just how far north we can take AutoFrisian Dew and what the 'best' window is for planting them. I suppose a lot will depend on the weather for those 2 months

• Like 1

Autos take 11-12 weeks here at 55n but they always auto. I've had autos that didn't auto, but that's just due to shoddy breeding.

I thought the general consensus was that autos take a bit longer than the stated 8-10 weeks outdoors anywhere in the UK anyway?

I'm also interested in any grow reports of photo Frisian dew at 54n+. Has it been tried and do they finish ok? Does the mold resistance hold up to the danish strains bred at this lat?

Do you know of any growers that have grown Frisian Dew in climates a bit harsher than the South East?

Edited by JohnCleese420