it's over, done and done for, finito , es ist vorbei

Irrelevant

the old soap bar that was in the uk and still is in the uk is dog doo doo mate.. tbh dog doo doo is probally stronger haha the hash in dam is good quality :) even there most basic stuff is better than any english soap bar!

johnnyneuro was saying that we used to get good quality hash in the UK once upon a time. Admittedly if you're under 30/35 you're very unlikely to have ever had any.

• Like 5

i dont go for the bud , i go for the ability to shit outside at a cheap flimsy chrome table with a nice cup of brown liquid ( it may be coffe , who can ever know ) watching the world go by with the odd blast of a brand new pipe ( probably in the shape of an animal ) knowing im legal or at least will be ignored , not feeling like i should be hiding , sat proud and happy

also its not possible to buy a decent sativa in the uk , no long flowers here for sale ever and there a pain to grow yourself , so nice to sample the giggle weed , the uk is brilliant at making stoner weed the stronger the better but miss out on subtle tastes

• Like 2

i dont go for the bud , i go for the ability to shit outside at a cheap flimsy chrome table with a nice cup of brown liquid ( it may be coffe , who can ever know ) watching the world go by with the odd blast of a brand new pipe ( probably in the shape of an animal ) knowing im legal or at least will be ignored , not feeling like i should be hiding , sat proud and happy

also its not possible to buy a decent sativa in the uk , no long flowers here for sale ever and there a pain to grow yourself , so nice to sample the giggle weed , the uk is brilliant at making stoner weed the stronger the better but miss out on subtle tastes

Do you often shit outside? :wassnnme:

• Like 2

Do you often shit outside? :wassnnme:

and you thought the smell of the dam was thanks to the stagnant water :guitar:

Edited by moggggys
  • Like 1

the old soap bar that was in the uk and still is in the uk is dog doo doo mate.. tbh dog doo doo is probally stronger haha the hash in dam is good quality :) even there most basic stuff is better than any english soap bar!

johnnyneuro was saying that we used to get good quality hash in the UK once upon a time. Admittedly if you're under 30/35 you're very unlikely to have ever had any.

Thanks to the both of you for making me feel my age. :P

• Like 1

Guest Glastoterra

I was there last week (Amsterdam). The weed there doesn't interest me at all these days. It is overpriced and terrible quality mostly.

I buy hash these days when I'm there as that is one thing you can't get a good, clean supply of over here.

Why buy shit weed in Ams when I have better quality sat in my own jars??

I was there same time.

Sad but true , the quality out there is gone shocking and what is worth buying is 18-20 euro a gram.......some places you can still get good amnesia for 10 euro a gram but you have to know where to smoke.

Amsterdam is not half the place it was 10 years ago for quality.

Big up all UK & homegrowers :skull:

Peace Glasto :yinyang:

I was not aware about the hash situation in Amsterdam.

Hash in my part of Holland ( north) is usually adulterated crap.

So i dont handle good hash often.My own hand sieved/prssed few grams are of an unrealistic strength if you'd call normal hash from a coffeeshop the standard.

Now bud isnt too fancy these days..it is badly grown/cured/handled.

Packed in airtight bags within 10 days of harvest..the list of possible bud-torturing techniques that are used is endless.

I will ask a friend to bring some hash from the dam....

Hash in my part of Holland ( north) is usually adulterated crap.

Where are you? I'm going to Leeuwarden next month, and was rather hoping not to come across any adulterated crap.

I've always found the hash in Ams to be pretty good. I've only ever had one bad deal of hash in 20 years or so of visiting.

Most of the lower grade Moroccan polm will bubble to a greater or lesser degree and that is something you can rarely (if ever) find in the UK these days.

I have had some lovely hash in Leeuwarden, it's a fantastic city and there are a couple of awesome coffeeshops.

A few places to check out:

DE OS - massive place really laid-back and friendly loads of pipes, bongs etc huge menu, decent ice hash for 17 euros/gram.

Grand Koffieshop Repelsteeltje - the most elegant coffeeshop in NL? Awesome old building spread over 3 floors, not cheap or a huge menu but good quality.

Flowerpower - smaller shop pretty basic, but when i was there a few years ago i got offered some lovely red leb that was spot on and really bought back a few memories:)

Absolutely love Leeuwarden, the Achmeatoren is so cool, Oldehove, the parks, all the new development, the graffiti in the back-streets and just such a chilled atmosphere. Certainly a lot less hustle and bustle than the big urban areas down south.

The Grey Area coffeeshop doesnt buy shit weed but alot of place in the dam are tourist traps you just need to know where to go

and as for growing better you must have been goin to the grasshopper for your weed

absolute tourist trap ripoff

:yinyang:

Guest weedmonsta

the best hash i smoked there recently was from blue mountain turkish hash from kadinsky coffeeshop, i shared a few joints with the budtender.. it was sweet spicy and a lovely high

The Grey Area coffeeshop doesnt buy shit weed but alot of place in the dam are tourist traps you just need to know where to go

and as for growing better you must have been goin to the grasshopper for your weed

absolute tourist trap ripoff

:yinyang:

Totally agree mate was in the Dam in July and going back on the 29th October.....but it isall about what shops you go into some are renowned for selling shit bud and hash but others on the other hand- GrayArea, Greenhouse, Bluebird, Barney's - all great coffeeshops with a brilliant selection of bud!

Try the Super Silver Haze from the Bluebird - Best smoke of the week.

dont bother buying temple ball as 99%aint anything of the sort .

when i was last there i went for those old school tastes ..the ones where it doesnt really get you too high ,just a bit starey ..but the taste lingers in the nostrils for hours beautiful african and thai imported weed ..the kin hussan hash almost ruined the day early on with a full on paranoia burst ..but the lebanese soon corrected it .

it always suprises me when people say about the dam ..i have to say ive never been anywhere apart from dorset that was as nice a place ..the people were ever so friendly and helpful ,the place was beautiful as were the people we watched ..to see shopkeepers washing their doorsteps at 8 am every day just showed us how proud they were of their town ..id recommend it even if you dont like a toke ..

• Like 5

I couldn't disagree with you more

I've been a visitor to the dam since the late 80's,

my last visit was in December last year.

The first coffee shop we hit was The Grey Area (what a disappointment) I looked at, smelled and handled all the bud they had on sale and there wasn't any quality to be found,it was all bone dry and not at all cured and was difficult to tell the difference between one strain from another by smell alone.

This was how I found the buds to be in "all" of the "renowned" and old haunts I visited over 3 days and nights.

The selection offered by "all" of these Coffeeshops was near on identical.

I talked with the manager of Dampkring for a while and his explanation was that the Coffeeshop owners have very few vendors to buy from, hence the repetitive menus from venue to venue, with cash croppers wanting to move there product as fast as possible with no interest in "curing" there products.

While we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the selection and quality of weed in Amsterdam is not what it used to be.

The experience of Amsterdam is still the same though, it's an awesome city for a mid week break, just don't think you'll be finding well grown, well cured "Dank" in any of the so called connoisseur labelled coffeeshops, those days are long gone.

it is all about what shops you go into some are renowned for selling shit bud and hash but others on the other hand- Gray Area, Greenhouse, Bluebird, Barney's - all great coffeeshops with a brilliant selection of bud!